• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will you condemn “Great Replacement Theory”?

Do you condemn Great Replacement Theory? (Votes will be visible)

• Total voters

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Buffalo shooting puts spotlight on GOP and Great Replacement Theory

It is time now for everyone to clearly and publicly denounce this dangerous rhetoric. Some of you may feel this is obvious and should “go without saying”, but the time for that is over. Some may not understand, it is time to get educated. Some of you might just want to be obstinate because you think this is “political”, the time for that nonsense is over.

Please vote in the poll.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I unequivocally condemn white supremacy and the so called “white replacement theory”!

No, I am against it, but the next problem starts with what to do about, so yes. We should do something about, but take pause and consider what we do and how we do it.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I unequivocally condemn white supremacy and the so called “white replacement theory”!

No, I am against it, but the next problem starts with what to do about, so yes. We should do something about, but take pause and consider what we do and how we do it.

And what should we do? Should politicians who promote white replacements theory be voted out of office? Should pundits who promote it be called out and criticized? Should there be protests?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
And what should we do? Should politicians who promote white replacements theory be voted out of office? Should pundits who promote it be called out and criticized? Should there be protests?

Well, there are no quick answer to that, but as long as your action don't turn into hate or in effect declare them non-humans, do what you can do within the civil society. How you do that is you up to you.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Well, there are no quick answer to that, but as long as your action don't turn into hate or in effect declare them non-humans, do what you can do within the civil society. How you do that is you up to you.
This idea of white supremacy has no place in civil society. There can be no civil society if this is allowed to flourish.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
What do you actually mean by "Do you condemn Great Replacement Theory?"

For example, is someone says "excessive immigration may lead to a fundamental change in the character of a nation and a lack of social cohesion and is thus not desirable", is that 'GRT'?

What makes something GRT rather than a good-faith and non-racist political preference?
If you hold a preference for an idea, a philosophy, a policy that is a political preference.

If you hold a preference for a “race” of people that is not a good faith political preference.

If you believe your political ideas a better, convince people and get votes. You don’t pick up a gun and go shoot people in a supermarket.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
If you hold a preference for an idea, a philosophy, a policy that is a political preference.

If you hold a preference for a “race” of people that is not a good faith political preference.

If you believe your political ideas a better, convince people and get votes. You don’t pick up a gun and go shoot people in a supermarket.

Yeah, but if you don't watch out, if I talk about culture and not race, you could claim I am talking about race without actually doing that.

joe1776

We should ignore it. Treat the racists like trolls. The worst fate they can encounter is to be ignored because it signals that their schtick isn't even worthy of a negative response.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Yeah, but if you don't watch out, if I talk about culture and not race, you could claim I am talking about race without actually doing that.
That doesn’t matter to me. I don’t believe bigotry is anymore acceptable when expressed against people because they speak a different language, or like different food.

White supremacy is bad. Violent white supremacy is very bad. Few people will disagree with that.

That doesn't clarify what you mean by GRT though.

Opposition to excessive immigration is often because of cultural differences, not 'racial' differences. Is this GRT?

On the other hand, I've seen people complain about white people moving into traditionally minority areas and resulting gentrification. Is this GRT as it is a racial preference?