• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will you be happy to live in heaven while many people is being punish/destroy for eternity in hell?

Will you be happy to live in heaven while many people is being punish/destroy for eternity in hell?

• Total voters

Pudding

In this beliefs, the conditions for people to go to hell for example is/are:
- don't believe in the religion's God's existence.
- or don't accept the religion's God's salvation.
- or don't adhere to the religion's God's moral/law.
- or don't repentance their sin to the religion's God.

In here, i'll discuss two interpretations for what will happen to the people who're in the hell.
Interpretation 1: the people in the hell will be punish/burn for eternity with their self-awareness intact to feel the pain.
Interpretation 2: the people in the hell will be destroy for eternity (that means no self-awareness anymore).

It can be say that:
(1) God is the one who punish/destroy the people in the hell.
(2) Or God didn't punish/destroy the people in the hell. The punishment/destruction is a natural consequences for their rejection to adhere to God and their rejection to God's salvation. God have already provide salvation for them, God have already try his best to forgive and help them. So it's not God's fault that they go to hell, it's their own fault.

The questions below is for the believer of abrahamic religion's God who have the beliefs and Interpretation as describe in the above.
If your beliefs and Interpretation doesn't fit the description above, then the questions is not design for you.
The questions is hypothetically base on the situation after you have gone to heaven and all non-believer/non-follower have gone to hell.

Questions (1/1a) is for people who think the punishment/destruction against people is God's work.
Questions (2/2a) is for people who think the punishment/destruction against people is a natural consequences but not God's work.

(1) Are you willing to live eternity in heaven with your God [who have give eternity punishment/destuction against many people, including some/most your family, relatives, friends, because they reject to adhere to God and reject to accept God's salvation]?

(1a) What are your opinion about your God [who have give eternity punishment/destuction against many people, including some/most your family, relatives, friends, because they reject to adhere to God and reject to accept God's salvation]?

(2) Are you willing to live eternity in heaven with your God [who have the opinion that the eternity punishment/destruction against many people in the hell, including some/most of your family, relatives, friends, is natural consequences for their rejection to adhere to God and their rejection to God's salvation, God have already provide salvation for them, God have already try his best to forgive and help them, it's not God's fault that they go to hell, it's their own fault]?

(2a) What are your opinion about your God [who have the opinion that the eternity punishment/destruction against many people in the hell, including some/most of your family, relatives, friends, is natural consequences for their rejection to adhere to God and their rejection to God's salvation, God have already provide salvation for them, God have already try his best to forgive and help them, it's not God's fault that they go to hell, it's their own fault]?

(3) Will you be happy to live eternity in heaven while many people, including some/most of your family, relatives, friends, is being punish/destroy for eternity in the hell?

I don't have christianity's beliefs, just discuss it hypothetically.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Well, I'm a Christian and I don't believe any of what you see as Christian doctrine. You need to realize that there are many different denominations of Christianity and we all believe differently.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
If I believed in heaven or hell, I'd be pretty unhappy at the thought of being in heaven while anyone was in hell.

I suspect anyone who would lack empathy for those in hell might have a touch of the psychopath about them.

Pudding

Well, I'm a Christian and I don't believe any of what you see as Christian doctrine. You need to realize that there are many different denominations of Christianity and we all believe differently.
I can understand there're many different denominations of Christianity and they all believe differently.
However, i'm discussing a small part of beliefs describe in op which belong to a small part of denominations of Christianity.
I don't know whether "small part" is suitable to use in the above or not, it's just to imply that the beliefs which i'm discuss about.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Do you believe there is another place (regardless of what it is) that non-christians go compared to Christians? It doesnt have to be punishment or afterlife. Do they go to heaven with all the other Christians? Does LDS believe in heaven and hell?

Thana

Lady

In here, i'll discuss two interpretations for what will happen to the people who're in the hell.
Interpretation 1: the people in the hell will be punish/burn for eternity with their self-awareness intact to feel the pain.
Interpretation 2: the people in the hell will be destroy for eternity (that means no self-awareness anymore).

It can be say that:
(2) Or God didn't punish/destroy the people in the hell. The punishment/destruction is a natural consequences for their rejection to adhere to God and their rejection to God's salvation. God have already provide salvation for them, God have already try his best to forgive and help them. So it's not God's fault that they go to hell, it's their own fault.

The questions below is for the believer of abrahamic religion's God who have the beliefs and Interpretation as describe in the above.
If your beliefs and Interpretation doesn't fit the description above, then the questions is not design for you.
The questions is hypothetically base on the situation after you have gone to heaven and all non-believer/non-follower have gone to hell.

Questions (1/1a) is for people who think the punishment/destruction against people is God's work.
Questions (2/2a) is for people who think the punishment/destruction against people is a natural consequences but not God's work.

(1) Are you willing to live eternity in heaven with your God [who have give eternity punishment/destuction against many people, including some/most your family, relatives, friends, because they reject to adhere to God and reject to accept God's salvation]?

(1a) What are your opinion about your God [who have give eternity punishment/destuction against many people, including some/most your family, relatives, friends, because they reject to adhere to God and reject to accept God's salvation]?

(2) Are you willing to live eternity in heaven with your God [who have the opinion that the eternity punishment/destruction against many people in the hell, including some/most of your family, relatives, friends, is natural consequences for their rejection to adhere to God and their rejection to God's salvation, God have already provide salvation for them, God have already try his best to forgive and help them, it's not God's fault that they go to hell, it's their own fault]?

(2a) What are your opinion about your God [who have the opinion that the eternity punishment/destruction against many people in the hell, including some/most of your family, relatives, friends, is natural consequences for their rejection to adhere to God and their rejection to God's salvation, God have already provide salvation for them, God have already try his best to forgive and help them, it's not God's fault that they go to hell, it's their own fault]?

(3) Will you be happy to live eternity in heaven while many people, including some/most of your family, relatives, friends, is being punish/destroy for eternity in the hell?

Christians believe in an amazing God, one who is the epitome of righteousness, wisdom, justice, love and pretty much everything.
So what we do now, and what we will continue to do is trust Him. No matter what. That is faith, our faith.

So no, I won't be worrying about anything at all, including hell, whether it exists and what happens there, because I trust and love my God and believe He is righteous and just and above me and my petty concept of morality.

Pudding

Christians believe in an amazing God, one who is the epitome of righteousness, wisdom, justice, love and pretty much everything.
So what we do now, and what we will continue to do is trust Him. No matter what. That is faith, our faith.

So no, I won't be worrying about anything at all, including hell, whether it exists and what happens there, because I trust and love my God and believe He is righteous and just and above me and my petty concept of morality.
Thanks for answer.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Do you think about whether a loved one would be in hell because they didn't trust god? It's not a bad thing, no pun intended? It just means that if that is the god you believe in, each person has their destiny depending on what they want to believe?

Kind of like I have trust my brother will not get himself into more trouble. I have faith in this and hope that some of his family will give him a nudge in the right direction. However, if he falls into dangerous grounds, my faith in my family can't change what happens. I do think about it a lot. If I believed in God and God decided that my brother should suffer; who am I to say he is not suffering because I have faith he isn't suffering?

Have you thought about being in heaven while a love one may not share the glory with you?

atpollard

Are you happy to eat breakfast while millions of people are going hungry?
What sort of sick, immoral person are you?
We, who love and care more than everyone else, do not believe in something as evil as breakfast.

[I have no doubt, the sarcasm will be lost on most ... so for clarification: this is a silly poll.]

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity

It can be say that:

God already has this covered: You wont remember such people. You will be brainwashed to be happy and joyful and forget about anyone (family and loved ones included) who didn't make the grade.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Considering that god is said to do everything for the good, I would think all Christians would be delighted that many people are being punished in hell for eternity.

Etritonakin

The only reason for God to knowingly keep someone alive in unpleasantness is to help them toward choosing that which causes pleasantness -and rejecting that which causes unpleasantness.

Doing the wrong thing would eventually make everything a "hell".

"Hell" -Gehenna -the lake of fire -is an ultimatum. The present state will not be allowed to exist eternally.

Why should we inhabit other planets if we would only do the same things?

Why should we inhabit eternity if we will only be "inventors of evil"?

Corthos

Great Old One
This is a really good question. I'll try and be as honest as I can (as a Christian).

I have a friend who is one of the most nicest, humblest, and most selfless people I know. He has been suffering from Krone's disease, and has had to have length after length of intestine removed. He probably won't live much longer... Recently, he converted from Christianity to Wicca. My mom (who is deeply Christian) has really truly been worrying about him, and hoping he returns to Christianity so he doesn't go to hell.

This kind of pisses me off...

No. I don't feel God is going to allow good people to suffer for all eternity simply because they don't acknowledge him as their creator, and it bothers me that this is in scripture. =/

Etritonakin

I wouldn't be happy because eternity would get really boring really fast if everything is perfect.

"Perfect" is that which allows infinite creativity and joy without conflict.

Creativity might be defined as moving things from one state of equilibrium to another.

People often say that war has led to many advancements -but peace could lead to many more.

However.... Peace in the present state is more important than advancement -and that which disrupts peace is not advancement.

Thana

Lady
This is a really good question. I'll try and be as honest as I can (as a Christian).

I have a friend who is one of the most nicest, humblest, and most selfless people I know. He has been suffering from Krone's disease, and has had to have length after length of intestine removed. He probably won't live much longer... Recently, he converted from Christianity to Wicca. My mom (who is deeply Christian) has really truly been worrying about him, and hoping he returns to Christianity so he doesn't go to hell.

This kind of pisses me off...

No. I don't feel God is going to allow good people to suffer for all eternity simply because they don't acknowledge him as their creator, and it bothers me that this is in scripture. =/

Proverbs 24:12
"If you [claim ignorance and] say, “See, we did not know this,”
Does He not consider it who weighs and examines the hearts and their motives?
And does He not know it who guards your life and keeps your soul?
And will He not repay [you and] every man according to his works?"

Don't worry :)

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The question translates into "would you be happy to know that there is a God and he happens to be an unfair, immoral thug?"

There are whole schools in Buddhism sustained by the fact that the only reasonable answer is "no way, Jose".

Altfish

Veteran Member
I wouldn't be happy in heaven (making the enormous assumption that such an unlikely place exists) it'd be full of boring religious types praising god all day and driving me mad. Give me hell any day. Some decent people down there; loads of sceptics and thinkers. Also rebels, rock stars and the like.

Thana

Lady
I wouldn't be happy in heaven (making the enormous assumption that such an unlikely place exists) it'd be full of boring religious types praising god all day and driving me mad. Give me hell any day. Some decent people down there; loads of sceptics and thinkers. Also rebels, rock stars and the like.

I'm always amused when I hear people say that. Heaven would be boring, Hell would be full of interesting people.
If hell existed, You know what it would be full of? Murderers, torturers, rapists and pedophiles, Yeah I'm sure it'd be a blast.

Think with your brain and not your prejudice for once yeah? Honestly.