• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Trump cause a war with Iran ?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Not very often, They have a very good track record. The Saudis are about peace and progress in education, healthcare, clean water, infrastructure. War ruins things.
Treating women like 5th class citizens, locking up any who want freedom of speech, freedom of religion and freedom to choose their own government, committing atrocities in Yemen, murdering those who disagree, supporting terrorists (in the past mostly), restraining trade by trying to enforce a price for oil and so forth.

Only those who love dictators like Trump does support them.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Treating women like 5th class citizens, locking up any who want freedom of speech, freedom of religion and freedom to choose their own government, committing atrocities in Yemen, murdering those who disagree, supporting terrorists (in the past mostly), restraining trade by trying to enforce a price for oil and so forth.

...vivisecting journalists with protected foreign national status... human rights abuses more generally...

sooda

Veteran Member

IN KSA 67% of university students are women… and women own and operate more businesses than men.

Obviously you don't know anything about Yemen over the past 60 years nor the various terrorist groups that have moved into Yemen since 1998.

Restricting trade? Don't make me laugh. If the ppb gets much lower US domestic producers will lose their shirts. Don't you know anything about OPEC or the oil business either?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't know much about China, but I do know the Saudi leadership.
What's your opinion of this...
Key Saudi Paper Urges US to Attack Iran - News From Antiwar.com
Excerpted...
The Arab News, a major English-language Saudi Arabian newspaper owned by Saudi Prince Turki bin Salman (brother of crown prince Mohamed bin Salman) has long been treated as virtually an official government mouthpiece. This is becoming particularly important Thursday, as the front page of the paper advocated that the United States attack Iran.

The editorial, ominously titled “Iran must not go unpunished” begins with the declaration that “nobody wants war,” and then argues throughout about how vital it is that the US launch such a war, even if it is just a limited war involving US missile strikes.

They argue that President Trump has already set a precedent for this sort of war in Syria, and present a US attack as “retaliation” against Iranian threats. Those threats are being publicly scoffed at across Europe, and seemingly in other countries where the government doesn’t believe it has a vested interest in seeing the US attack a regional rival.

sooda

Veteran Member
What's your opinion of this...
Key Saudi Paper Urges US to Attack Iran - News From Antiwar.com
Excerpted...
The Arab News, a major English-language Saudi Arabian newspaper owned by Saudi Prince Turki bin Salman (brother of crown prince Mohamed bin Salman) has long been treated as virtually an official government mouthpiece. This is becoming particularly important Thursday, as the front page of the paper advocated that the United States attack Iran.

The editorial, ominously titled “Iran must not go unpunished” begins with the declaration that “nobody wants war,” and then argues throughout about how vital it is that the US launch such a war, even if it is just a limited war involving US missile strikes.

They argue that President Trump has already set a precedent for this sort of war in Syria, and present a US attack as “retaliation” against Iranian threats. Those threats are being publicly scoffed at across Europe, and seemingly in other countries where the government doesn’t believe it has a vested interest in seeing the US attack a regional rival.

I don't believe anti-war's interpretation of what was in the Arab news.. Note that they go soft on Yemen?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't believe anti-war's interpretation of what was in the Arab news.. Note that they go soft on Yemen?
The argument that the Saudis don't want war makes sense in that they don't want to be
the primary aggressor. But If Ameristan does it for them...that would be more appealing.

sooda

Veteran Member
Correct.
I'm not claiming "The Truth".
Just opining & speculating.

Saudi Arabia is very vulnerable to a first strike.

saudi_arabia-oil_gas_infrastructure-2014.png

The question should be do you believe Iran's threats? Take into consideration HAMAS, Hezbollah, Al Houthis and the strikes against oil tankers in the past two years.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Saudi Arabia is very vulnerable to a first strike.

saudi_arabia-oil_gas_infrastructure-2014.png

The question should be do you believe Iran's threats? Take into consideration HAMAS, Hezbollah, Al Houthis and the strikes against oil tankers in the past two years.
I don't believe that Iran would seek conquest of Saudi Arabia or Israel.
It would be unprofitable in the extreme.

But your map shows why the Saudis might see a security benefit from
Ameristan attacking Iran. I doubt many tears would be shed by Saudi
Sunnis over the deaths of Iranian Shias.

sooda

Veteran Member
I don't believe that Iran would seek conquest of Saudi Arabia or Israel.
It would be unprofitable in the extreme.

But your map shows why the Saudis might see a security benefit from
Ameristan attacking Iran. I doubt many tears would be shed by Saudi
Sunnis over the deaths of Iranian Shias.

The Shias in KSA are prosperous.. Most are in the oil business or the merchant class. Its not much of an issue. There is a tiny minority within the Shia minority who are and always have been unhappy. They won't work and they won't go to school.

The Iranian clerics are like our rapture ready crowd and they want control of Mecca.

Saudi Arabia is an easier target for Iran than Israel... and an attack would be devastating.