• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will there be another Guardian of the Faith?

InvestigateTruth

"The Báb—may my life be offered up for Him—hath confirmed that the events of the Great Resurrection, which were to take place on the day that is reckoned as “fifty thousand years”, occurred in less than the twinkling of an eye."

Light of the World | Bahá’í Reference Library

So, if God reduced 50,000 years to a moment, God, if He wills, may reduce 1000 years to another time too.

The fifty thousand years is a reference to Quran 70:4

"The angels and the spirit ascend unto him in a Day the measure whereof is (as) fifty thousand years"

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Give it a rest. There was nothing there that said that it should be interpreted in it's obvious meaning like what Baha'u'llah said. In my opinion, you have some danger of accepting a descendent of Baha'u'llah as being the Guardian falsely, and becoming a Covenant-breaker. Be sure to be careful if someone makes that claim. Investigate him carefully. I don't want you to break the covenant.

InvestigateTruth

Give it a rest. There was nothing there that said that it should be interpreted in it's obvious meaning like what Baha'u'llah said. In my opinion, you have some danger of accepting a descendent of Baha'u'llah as being the Guardian falsely, and becoming a Covenant-breaker. Be sure to be careful if someone makes that claim. Investigate him carefully. I don't want you to break the covenant.
I wouldn't be worried about false prophets. They can never reveal verses of God. I would be more concerned about rejecting the next Manifestation of God.