• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will the Real Jesus Please Stand Up

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Bacon Jesus

hqdefault.jpg

Grilled cheese Jesus. Or is it grilled cheesus?

2v0d7pk.png

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
There was no point in mocking inference to be directed at the israelites, as if they were going to side with the romans, on the joke.

Iirc the Romans looked down on the Jews in the worst way. It was perhaps a snipe at Jesus and the Jews.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
If you google for male Jews, you would find the appearance of your Jewish figure ugly, unpleasant and totally depicted in a poor light.
https://thumb7.shutterstock.com/dis...s-his-acoustic-guitar-and-sings-632439497.jpg

Add a beard here:
http://beauty-around.com/images/sampledata/Jewish_Men/9Noah Wyle.jpg

There is no need to portray our Lord as an ugly person at all. All you need is the ethnicity.

Some people we consider physically ugly are more beautiful inside. Some people we consider physically beautiful are sometimes the ugliest people inside. Cliché for sure, but true nevertheless.

Grandliseur

Some people we consider physically ugly are more beautiful inside. Some people we consider physically beautiful are sometimes the ugliest people inside. Cliché for sure, but true nevertheless.
But, when we have so many base /foundation pictures to look at, Jews in all kinds of shapes and sizes, even dressed in the way Jesus did in his expensive white garb, why make the man look like a bumbling ugly -- it just shows a general desire to put him down, to ridicule him.

Everything in that picture showed not a man to be admired, but the opposite. It is again an atheists depiction of everything having to do with the Bible in as negative light as they can. In my original post, I had two pictures, one was of a muscular bearded conservative looking Jew, not overly handsome, but dressed in expensive clothes as Jesus seemed to like. The soldiers wold not throw lots for something trashy.

John 19:23-24 23 Now when the soldiers had impaled Jesus, they took his outer garments and made four parts, for each soldier a part, and the inner garment. But the inner garment was without a seam, being woven from the top throughout its length. 24 Therefore they said to one another: “Let us not tear it, but let us determine by lots over it whose it will be.” This was that the scripture might be fulfilled: “They apportioned my outer garments among themselves, and upon my apparel they cast lots.” And so the soldiers really did these things.​

Why would Christians think that picture not another attempt at being mean, of persecution?! What a bunch of anti-Christs.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There was no point in mocking inference to be directed at the israelites, as if they were going to side with the romans, on the joke.
First of all, the sign may be unhistorical. All stories of Jesus may be unhistorical. There's no clinching datum to establish or refute an historical Jesus.

Leaving that aside and taking the tale at face value, if the sign isn't a mock underlining Roman control then I can't see any reason for it to be there at all.

But we have different views, and that's fair enough. Thanks for your observations.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Why would Christians think that picture not another attempt at being mean, of persecution?! What a bunch of anti-Christs.

Maybe they should stop and realize that their Lord, God and Savior, who is said to be fully human, probably does look like any of the millions of schlubs he came to save. Ya feel me?

Grandliseur

Maybe they should stop and realize that their Lord, God and Savior, who is said to be fully human, probably does look like any of the millions of schlubs he came to save. Ya feel me?
Take a look at this search giving pictures of conservative Jews with beards, None look like the caveman picture posted in the news and here.

pics of conservative jews not old with beards - Google Search

Please do not answer. If you cannot see that that picture is another attempt at persecution, I have nothing more to say to you.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I have nothing more to say to you.

Ok, but I warn you... this will crush me and scar me for life. Please excuse me while I go collapse into a quivering blubbering mass of protoplasm.

Ok, I’m better now.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Iirc the Romans looked down on the Jews in the worst way. It was perhaps a snipe at Jesus and the Jews.
Or both, with serious message to the Jews violently opposed to Roman rule. "Here is your King"!, ignominiously executed for treason against the Roman Emperor (the real king around here).
The Romans didn't crucify people for just anything, much less on one of the busiest days of the year in Jerusalem. Crucifixion was mostly for rebellious slaves and traitors. They didn't much care about religious squabbles between subject peoples.
I believe Jesus was a terrorist, by Roman standards, and a freedom fighter by some Jewish people.
It explains lots of things, like that inscription, better than anything else.

Tom