• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will the real Islam please stand up

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
The Ibadiyya are an interesting sect in that they differ from Sunni and Shi 'ite,Sunnis have designated them as Kharijites but the Ibadi reject this although their roots are said to come from that extinct group.
The three main points in which they differ from Sunnis are:

Muslims will not see God on the day of judgement
Whoever enters Hellfire will remain there forever
The Qur'an was created at a certain point in time

Ibadis regard other Muslims as" Kuffar an-im'ma" (those who deny Gods grace)
Ibadis make up 75% of the Muslim population of Oman and other countries where they live include Libya and Tunisia.

Abdullah bin Amar (RA) relates that the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) said "Surely things will happen to my people as happened earlier to Israelites, they will resemble each other like one shoe in a pair resembles the other to the extent that if anyone among the Israelites has openly committed adultery to his mother there will be some who will do this in my Ummah as well, verily the Israelites were divided into 72 sections but my people will be divided into 73 sections, all of them will be in the fire except one." The companions asked, 'Who are they O Messenger of Allah,' Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "They are those who will be like me and my companions."

So which sect is it? after reading Sayyid Qutbs "Milestones" Qutbists seem to think its them,what do you think?

Well , first of all in answering your question I would like to say that in Islam there is no sects, Islam cleary prohibits making sects.

Holy Quran says

"And hold fast, All together, by the rope Which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves;" [Al-Qur’an 3:103]

The Glorious Qur’an says:

"As for those who divide Their religion and break up Into sects, thou hast No part in them in the least: Their affair is with Allah: He will in the end Tell them the truth Of all that they did." [Al-Qur’an 6:159]

For more details please read the article at Why Muslims are diveded into Sect? | Learn and Clear your misconceptions about Islam.

Now , coming back to your question. In this Hadis Prophet Muhammed Peace be upon him is not commanding muslim to make sect (what some people think) rather they are giving information about future that you will also divide yourself just as the previous nation did.

Secondly , your question "which sect it is?" this Hadis was not pointing toward any sect , it simply say that muslim should follow and do what ever Prophet Muhammed Peace be upon him did or Prophet Muhammed Peace be upon him companions did and avoid any other way.

Hope this give you much understanding and clear you mis-conception.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Well , first of all in answering your question I would like to say that in Islam there is no sects, Islam cleary prohibits making sects.

Holy Quran says

"And hold fast, All together, by the rope Which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves;" [Al-Qur’an 3:103]

The Glorious Qur’an says:

"As for those who divide Their religion and break up Into sects, thou hast No part in them in the least: Their affair is with Allah: He will in the end Tell them the truth Of all that they did." [Al-Qur’an 6:159]

For more details please read the article at Why Muslims are diveded into Sect? | Learn and Clear your misconceptions about Islam.

Now , coming back to your question. In this Hadis Prophet Muhammed Peace be upon him is not commanding muslim to make sect (what some people think) rather they are giving information about future that you will also divide yourself just as the previous nation did.

Secondly , your question "which sect it is?" this Hadis was not pointing toward any sect , it simply say that muslim should follow and do what ever Prophet Muhammed Peace be upon him did or Prophet Muhammed Peace be upon him companions did and avoid any other way.

Hope this give you much understanding and clear you mis-conception.

I have no misconception,i understand the hadith but it appears many Muslims do not and the simple fact is that there are many different sects and even though the Qur'an says:

ruhnafsoul

ruhnafsoul
I have no misconception,i understand the hadith but it appears many Muslims do not and the simple fact is that there are many different sects and even though the Qur'an says:

hmm.. I guess it appears a lot of things .. my fren.. and I guess we shouldn't worry about things that had happened.. as the GOD had already known about things that is going to happen.. and HE already give the way to the Straight Path.. which are do not be divided but stay with ALLAH..

And that particular verses in the quran speaks not only about muslim or any sects.. but to all.. to you and all mankind.. which telling us, not to be divided into other than Islam and ALLAH.. we shall hold fast all together to HIM in our faith, and not be divided among ourselves in this world but to unite.. and we will be make known of what we have done, and will be revealed of what is inside our heart which we had hidden it all this time... someday.. InsyaAllah

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
hmm.. I guess it appears a lot of things .. my fren.. and I guess we shouldn't worry about things that had happened.. as the GOD had already known about things that is going to happen.. and HE already give the way to the Straight Path.. which are do not be divided but stay with ALLAH..

And that particular verses in the quran speaks not only about muslim or any sects.. but to all.. to you and all mankind.. which telling us, not to be divided into other than Islam and ALLAH.. we shall hold fast all together to HIM in our faith, and not be divided among ourselves in this world but to unite.. and we will be make known of what we have done, and will be revealed of what is inside our heart which we had hidden it all this time... someday.. InsyaAllah

Personally i think being divided is part of Human nature which has unfortunate consequences for us all,this is evident in the two most influential institutions in determining the fate of the Human race,religion and Politics.

Cordoba

I 'm not saying it does'nt Cordoba,as for the two Hadith i quoted both warn about straying from the rightly guided path yet there are still many sects.

There are also many sects in Christianity, and other religions

Possibly it's human nature for some people to want leadership, and create their own sect

As for the Hadith, it's a serious warning, and a reminder which all Muslims must remember, and therefore be united not divided

Muslims stand united in many aspects of their faith: they have the same Qur'an, they pray in the same direction towards Makkah, and in the Hajj they all gather in the same places at the same time

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
There are also many sects in Christianity, and other religions

Possibly it's human nature for some people to want leadership, and create their own sect

As for the Hadith, it's a serious warning, and a reminder which all Muslims must remember, and therefore be united not divided

Muslims stand united in many aspects of their faith: they have the same Qur'an, they pray in the same direction towards Makkah, and in the Hajj they all gather in the same places at the same time

I agree the basics are the same, ie the Qur'an, but there are different Schools of thought and ahadith which are sahih or proported to be sahih by one sect but not by another and IMO it is the ahadith which contribute to the division within Islam along with what or who are the jamma'ah.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Here is another interesting sect ,the Hudhailiyah / Faniya Followers of abu-al-Hudhail Muhammad ibn-al-Hudhail. They believe that both Hell and Paradise will perish and that preordination of Allah can cease, at which time Allah will no longer be omnipotent.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
In the light of current events i thought it would be interesting to look at the Wahabi sect founded by Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab (Died 1792),what is especially interesting is the link between Wahab,Hasan Al Banna and Sayeed Qutb which is plainly obvious from there literature.

Wahabism is a very conservative sect of Sunni Islam,Wahab himself considered any innovation after the third century of the Muslim era (950 ce ish) was false and every Muslim should adhere strictly to the original beliefs set by Muhammed.

Obviously Wahabism is just as much a threat to Muslims as non Muslims because Wahab considered any other sect or path as hypocrites which allows adherents to kill other Muslims as they are not regarded as Muslim which is exactly what Qutb says in "Milestones".

Wahabism isn't representative of Islam,Wahab himself along with Al Banna and Qutb were against secularism and modernism to the point of violence,this is still very apparent in Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Well I was a Muslim at one time, a Shi'ite, and the argument was that the true Islam is those who follow the people of the Prophet's house. The reason being that the Prophet's family members were most qualified to transmit his Sunna in a way that they would actually know how he lived his Sunna, because they were his family. The Prophet blessed Ali, his daughter Fatima, and their two sons with his own mantle, and said that God's wish was to purify the people of the house and make them free from sin. I guess I still kind of have that Shi'ite bias, even though I'm no longer a Muslim, it's what I was taught and believed. Who would know the Prophet better then his own family? A Muslim is called by the Household of the Prophet to have good manners, good speech ethics, good dress, good conduct, because these are all things the Prophet had. The Prophet was very meek and mild.

Muslims will not see God on the day of judgement
22. That day will faces be resplendent,
23. Looking toward their Lord;

Whoever enters Hellfire will remain there forever
non believers yes,but Muslim will come out after they are punished for their sins.

The Qur'an was created at a certain point in time
this is a false claim ALLAH said in the QURAN many times
Allah said....

Rainbow Mage

Yes, I was a twelver. I believed in Ali, the Commander of the Faithful, the holy lady Fatimah, the Prophet's household, and the Imam Al Mahdi

Well I was a Muslim at one time, a Shi'ite, and the argument was that the true Islam is those who follow the people of the Prophet's house. The reason being that the Prophet's family members were most qualified to transmit his Sunna in a way that they would actually know how he lived his Sunna, because they were his family. The Prophet blessed Ali, his daughter Fatima, and their two sons with his own mantle, and said that God's wish was to purify the people of the house and make them free from sin. I guess I still kind of have that Shi'ite bias, even though I'm no longer a Muslim, it's what I was taught and believed. Who would know the Prophet better then his own family? A Muslim is called by the Household of the Prophet to have good manners, good speech ethics, good dress, good conduct, because these are all things the Prophet had. The Prophet was very meek and mild.

did you study the shi'ite well ???... this is one of the weirdest sects of ISLAM

Rainbow Mage

I left it because Islam isn't the religion for me. I also studied Sunni as well. I have stated before that I was very attracted to the Buddha's teachings since I was 12, and I thought Buddhism suited me better. I strove to be a very good Muslim when I was one. I was moderate, kind, giving, mild-mannered, because I believed and still believe this is true Islamic ethics.

I left it because Islam isn't the religion for me. I also studied Sunni as well. I have stated before that I was very attracted to the Buddha's teachings since I was 12, and I thought Buddhism suited me better. I strove to be a very good Muslim when I was one. I was moderate, kind, giving, mild-mannered, because I believed and still believe this is true Islamic ethics.

so you choose shi'ite over sunni ???

how did you find out it wasn't for you ?