• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will The Earth be destroyed post armageddon?

LiveByFaithNotSight

The Art Of Conversing
There is a common belief that the Earth will be destroyed after Armageddon. But what does the Bible say about the condition of the Earth?

• “The righteous will possess the earth, and they will live forever on it.”—Psalm 37:29.

• “[God] has established the earth on its foundations; it will not be moved from its place forever and ever.”—Psalm 104:5.

• “The earth remains forever.”—Ecclesiastes 1:4.

• “The One who formed the earth, its Maker who firmly established it, . . . did not create it simply for nothing, but formed it to be inhabited.”—Isaiah 45:18.

So why teach Earth will be destroyed? And if the Earth will stay around forever who will live in it forever? So does that mean everybody goes to heaven and nobody stays on Earth or there will be people on Earth forever?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
The earth will not live on forever. It will eventually become a steam bath planet with the oceans evaporating once the sun becomes a red giant, and ultimately will vaporize altogether.

Of course, this will happen in 7 or 8 billion years, so humans will likely be extinct long before this transpires.

What Will Happen to Earth When the Sun Dies?

LiveByFaithNotSight

The Art Of Conversing
The earth will not live on forever. It will eventually become a steam bath planet with the oceans evaporating once the sun becomes a red giant, and ultimately will vaporize altogether.

Of course, this will happen in 7 or 8 billion years, so humans will likely be extinct long before this transpires.

your logic is True in a universe that doesn't have Jehovah as God the Creator

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

That was essentially what i had in mind for posting, even down to the link.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Supernova, nova, red giants etc can be observed occuring all over the universe.

As yet no god has been observed.

One point to note, possible before* our sun goes red giant, the galaxy Andromeda is due to collide with us. Now there is a lot of space between stars but im not putting bets on whether earth survives or not.

* Although Andromeda is heading our way gravity and/or rotation of the universe may deflect it (or us) enough to avoid a collision.

Dave Watchman

There is a common belief that the Earth will be destroyed after Armageddon. But what does the Bible say about the condition of the Earth?

• “The righteous will possess the earth, and they will live forever on it.”—Psalm 37:29.

• “[God] has established the earth on its foundations; it will not be moved from its place forever and ever.”—Psalm 104:5.

• “The One who formed the earth, its Maker who firmly established it, . . . did not create it simply for nothing, but formed it to be inhabited.”—Isaiah 45:18.

So why teach Earth will be destroyed? And if the Earth will stay around forever who will live in it forever? So does that mean everybody goes to heaven and nobody stays on Earth or there will be people on Earth forever?

I didn't know it was a common belief. Some Christian forums won't let you talk about the destruction of the earth or the Annihilationism of humans and fallen angels.

But i can't see any way to beat around the bush, the Earth is headed for it's desolation. God is going to destroy the destroyers of the Earth. The land is going to vomit out it's inhabitants and enjoy it's rest for a thousand years.

The great city is going to be split into three parts.

We might not have to go home, but we can't stay here.

But at the same time, you're right too. The verses you post are correct. Our sun will never become a red giant.

God will make the earth new again. And we will live on it forever. And God will dwell with man and He will be our God. That's when the real fun will begin. Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.

“The righteous will possess the earth,
and they will live forever on it.”​

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The belief is that the current Earth passes away and a new Earth takes its place.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I see the earth as constantly being destroyed as time progresses. The earth that existed a microsecond ago no longer exists and never will again. Bye, Bye old Earth, hello new Earth.

Dave Watchman

How many planets did Jehovah create? Jehovah created a multitude of planets in this universe do you think Earth is all that is for human beings and life forms?

That's a good question. I don't know how many planets are out there. But based on my read right now, we are the only one that God made with life on it. Because it's not just about us, there's something else going on. We're here for a purpose. It's also about Lucifer and a third of the angels he dragged down to Earth with him. There's only one Lucifer, only one Earth. The eyes of the Lord run to and fro on it.

"For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth.​

Not on some distant planet. There's only one Lucifer. I think he's the big reason that we're here right now where we are in time. And i don't think Heaven is that far away. It took Gabriel 3.5 minutes to get here in Daniel 9. So if New Jerusalem is being cloaked inside the moon, he would have been traveling at around mach 92. Even at it's largest dimensions, New Jerusalem would fit nicely inside the moon with each of it's 8 corners tucked nicely in just 20 feet below the lunar surface. I imagine when that thing busts out of it's confinement at the seventh trumpet, the people down here are going to take a stroke.

"Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant was seen within his temple. There were flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake, and heavy hail.​

When the Apollo astronauts crashed the lunar module onto the Moon’s surface, they said the Moon rang like a bell for an hour.

0wVo93U.jpg

NewJerusaleminMoon-307x221.jpg

W3bcrowf3r

This current earth and Heavens will die. And there will be created new ones, a new Universe. The Gospel is very clear about this. The Quran is very clear about this as well.