• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Scientists be our future gods?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
scientific thinking will replace the god concept, the god concept will become a means of deep relationship with the Cosmos, we will realize we are one with all there is, no god needed for that.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
No, the future is all of us becoming gods, not just a few.

Yes we are already so called gods, like droplets of god in the vast Ocean of Consciousness, and yes in the future we will all realize this, and hopefully we will treat each other as true brothers and sisters, which we are.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Yes we are already so called gods, like droplets of god in the vast Ocean of Consciousness, and yes in the future we will all realize this, and hopefully we will treat each other as true brothers and sisters, which we are.

Nope. Eventually science will be able to use technology to overcome our biological limitations and enhance ourselves. But for now, we may approach Godhood by exercising our own Will in life and manifesting our own destiny, or least doing our own best to do so.

You know I don't buy that "one consciousness" talk.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
As long as humans worship Gods even a scientific God they will have to suffer. I look for the day we don't have any Gods then we will truly be free.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
In some ways, as a species with a shared evolutionary history and through our relationships, but we're individuals.

Most certainly we are individuals on one level, but we are really connected to all, ....without the sun, oxygen the planet, the universe, the galaxy, and on and on we wouldn't exist, just like everything that is connected within our own bodies. Anyway that's how I see it.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
In answer to the OP: No. Because it's every scientists dream that people think for themselves. People worshipping we scientists as Gods would be antithetical to our dream.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I'm a scientist (retired anthropologist), and there's no way anyone who knows me is going to in any way deify me. The closest I come to being that is when my wife sees me screw something up, looks me in the eye, and says something like "... g*ddamit!"

Generic_user_5

We used to rely on witch doctors by no choice except they had the secret knowledge. As we stand on the shoulders of the greats we become more knowledgeable of existence in itself. We are doing things now that would not have been tolerated 50 years ago. Now Scientists are doing god like things. If we don't kill ourselves first Scientists will end up being gods.

Thoughts, concerns or questions?

well the future of world is not science ..its spiritual science ..coz science has limits spirituality has no limit..
science itself originated from vedic culture and even the first education system came alive from vedic culture...
well every human is god (ahm brahma asmi)..
next as we say that humans use only 2% of brain ..think when 2% can do such wonders what rest 98% can do..

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
We used to rely on witch doctors by no choice except they had the secret knowledge. As we stand on the shoulders of the greats we become more knowledgeable of existence in itself. We are doing things now that would not have been tolerated 50 years ago. Now Scientists are doing god like things. If we don't kill ourselves first Scientists will end up being gods.

Thoughts, concerns or questions?

I have no idea of what you mean by this, frankly. Scientists may perhaps be filling the role of what were once shamans or witch-doctors, but gods?