• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Russia use nukes?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
“I think we’re at the most dangerous time maybe in, in many, many years — maybe ever — because of the power of nuclear,” Trump said.

He finally said something I can almost agree with strange as it is to me at least. Of course he missed the Cuban Missile Crisis when the act of one Soviet officer prevented WWIII but most dangerous before and after - yes.

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
My hope is that if Putin gives the order to use nukes, he would find himself quickly removed (if not dead). How many of the Russian higher ups are willing to die just to save Putin's face?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
That only happens, of course, if the international community sees the annexations as legit and valid. Many simply won't so Putin only has empty words to present his case as an attack on Russia.
If NATO doesn't respect the vote, then fine, go ahead and test the will of Russia, we will see what happens!

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
He finally said something I can almost agree with strange as it is to me at least. Of course he missed the Cuban Missile Crisis when the act of one Soviet officer prevented WWIII but most dangerous before and after - yes.
So you agree that Russia is not bluffing.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Reality transcends personal opinion.
Reality is that Trump is an idiot and repeatedly demonstrated a lack of knowledge in geopolitical issues.
If NATO doesn't respect the vote, then fine, go ahead and test the will of Russia, we will see what happens!
Get laughed at. Seriously, Putin's invasion is showing us Russia probably isn't very capable militarily. If they wanted any of these threats to hold merit they shouldn't have blundered the Ukraine invasion.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The prepping youtube channels I sometimes look at, like 'ny prepper' and 'full spectrum survival,' seem to warn of it on a daily basis. But those guys are on edge by default. So, it might be best to hope that what they say is hyperbolic

In the long run, we are all dead.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I didn't think putin would invade Ukraine. It would have been foolish because it wasn't justified and NATO nations would not tolerate it. When he moved his troops into position of the border I thought it was a bluff. I was wrong. I was thinking as a rational person.

Now the question is will putin use nukes. I don't want to have an opinion.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Some clarifications: :)

1) After the annexation of the Donbas territories ....the war will be terminated
2) Europeans will never go into the war against anyone, because it is unconstitutional
3) Ukraine will probably be reconstructed by the EU

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Reality is that Trump is an idiot and repeatedly demonstrated a lack of knowledge in geopolitical issues.

Get laughed at. Seriously, Putin's invasion is showing us Russia probably isn't very capable militarily. If they wanted any of these threats to hold merit they shouldn't have blundered the Ukraine invasion.
Your present opinion is noted. The future is unfolding and opinions can change.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Some clarifications: :)

1) After the annexation of the Donbas territories ....the war will be terminated
2) Europeans will never go into the war against anyone, because it is unconstitutional
3) Ukraine will probably be reconstructed by the EU

#1. Nope.
#2. Nope
#3. Yes, after Ukraine frees the stolen territory Europe will help them recover.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
#1. Nope.
#2. Nope
#3. Yes, after Ukraine frees the stolen territory Europe will help them recover.
About one and three, okay.
But about #2, if I may say, I am in Europe, I do know what Europeans think about the war, especially Germans and Italians.
Trust me...they are over the mere notion of war. They have moved on from that stage.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Putin is irrational and must save face under any circumstances. If his next big push doesn't make him look good then yes i think he is crazy enough to take the nuclear option. Unless of course he is stopped by his more logical generals.

RestlessSoul

There’s a good chance Russia’s tactical nuclear weapons are as reliable as a 15th Century cannon, which was equally likely to explode and kill it’s crew as fire a projectile at the enemy. Not sure if that’s reassuring or not tbh. There’s also the chemical weapons option, which Putin’s ally has used in Syria.. It’s hard to be optimistic in the circumstances.