• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will never work :)

Nimos

The government in Denmark have decided that it is time to slowly open things up again, which means that children are suppose to go back to school again very soon. However they have given the schools some rules to follow to make sure that this can be done safely.

The students are suppose to keep a 2 meter distance between them and the school might have to split each class into smaller groups and even make sure that they are not all, at the school at the same time, but at different times of the day.

This is what a typical danish classroom might look like, in terms of size and number of students (Average around 22 or something.):
23767_605_0_0_0_0_0_3.jpg

If you half the number of students in each class and only teach them at half rate then maybe it could work. But its not like the average school have lots of empty rooms standing by to be used for this.

I have to say that it is going to be interesting to see how that is going to work.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I have to say that it is going to be interesting to see how that is going to work.

Most kids don't get sick (yet). But probably more teachers get sick and die. And teachers salary will go up, as teachers become scarce
But then in januari 2021 they have a Corona-vaccin ready, and hopefully Corona is history, and all gets back to normal

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Students do tend to learn better in smaller classes -- all else being equal. I will give them that. But I fear the new policies will not prevent the virus from flaring up again. Very risky, in my opinion. Very risky.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Most kids don't get sick (yet). But probably more teachers get sick and die. And teachers salary will go up, as teachers become scarce
But then in januari 2021 they have a Corona-vaccin ready, and hopefully Corona is history, and all gets back to normal
Maybe there teachers salaries would go up. In the US? I'd expect lowered standards.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Students do tend to learn better in smaller classes -- all else being equal. I will give them that. But I fear the new policies will not prevent the virus from flaring up again. Very risky, in my opinion. Very risky.
Maybe we need a big, beautiful wall around Denmark until we see how this works out. And they'll pay for it.

Nimos

We have some doctors answering questions from people here. And its very clear that this is part of the herd immunity strategy. The kids are being used to spread the virus in a control manner.

You can at maximum be ten people in one place, but now we have to be 150 students and 15 teachers at my school. I don't understand that, I feel like cannon fodder. What is the logic and how should a 56-year-old teacher feel safe?

The number of 10 is not a magic number after all. It is more or less randomly chosen. It's important to keep in mind. However, it is true that there will be more infection when children come out. On the other hand, we probably have to face it that we can't contain this coronavirus, so we have to go through this. the shutdown of DK is not a way to get rid of virus, it is just a way to make sure it happens at a speed that our health systems can keep up.

Is the intention of the reopening of institutions and schools that children have to infect their parents who are healthier and younger than people at risk?

Good question. Could well be part of the strategy, though not said out loud. The more children and young adults (parents of children in 0-5 class) who are infected the more will build immunity without becoming critically ill. In this way, we move faster to a situation of herd immunity.

Why open up so slowly when the infection is already here. Why not just open up completely and only quarantine the debilitated? or close until a vaccine / cure is found? (This question is a bit weird even in Danish, so hard to translate, but I think the answer is interesting)

If we do not open before a vaccine comes, it can take a very long time ..... and some viruses have historically proved virtually impossible to make vaccines against. Therefore, we have to open up some form. There is a risk of increased infection, and the authorities are aware of this. My clear view is that there is a lot of control over things. In fact, the proposed opening plan is very cautious.

I can see why the teacher in the first question feel like she does.. sort of remind me of this (The russians being the teachers and the two officers the danish government :))

Last edited:

Nimos

Some will have to be sacrificed for the good of the herd.
Spoke to one of my friends who have two small children, one of which is suppose to be in the first wave :) So I asked him how he felt about that. He said he would give it some time and see how it goes, before he send his kid there. Wonder how many parents might have that thought as well :D

Also one he knows (I don't know him/her), just lost their mother to it. As he said, it suddenly becomes a bit more real and close. Which is understandable.