• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Jesus return in the year 6000?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I read something very interesting in the epistle from Barnabas. He writes:
Barnabas 15:3
Of the Sabbath He speaketh in the beginning of the creation; And
God made the works of His hands in six days, and He ended on the
seventh day, and rested on it, and He hallowed it.

Barnabas 15:4
Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He
meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all
things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years;
and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of
the Lord shall be as a thousand years.
Therefore, children, in six
days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end.

Barnabas 15:5
And He rested on the seventh day. this He meaneth; when His Son
shall come, and shall abolish the time of the Lawless One, and shall
judge the ungodly, and shall change the sun and the moon and the
stars, then shall he truly rest on the seventh day.
Source: The Epistle of Barnabas (translation J.B. Lightfoot)

The millennial kingdom that is mentioned in Revelation could represent the seventh day. And if we count the years from Adam to today, then we are currently about in the 6000 year . Thus we are just before the seventh day .
What do you think about it?

Will Jesus return in the year 7.000*? (I mean 7,000, not 6,000)

No

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Will Jesus return in the year 6000?

Jesus was never to return physically and materially. Jesus never
claimed it. Jesus was to return symbolically. Right , please?

Regards

whirlingmerc

The millennial kingdom that is mentioned in Revelation could represent the seventh day. And if we count the years from Adam to today, then we are currently about in the 6000 year . Thus we are just before the seventh day .

I don't believe the gospel of Barnabas is inspired or authentic as claimed.

sooda

Veteran Member
It is not the "gospel of barnabas".

Epistle of Barnabas - ntcanon.org
www.ntcanon.org/Epistle_of_Barnabas.shtml
In short, the Epistle of Barnabas is a good and early example of what became the dominant method of interpreting the Bible in the early and medieval church. It is generally agreed that the author was from Alexandria , in view of his fondness of the allegorical approach for which Alexandria was well-known and the fact that all the earliest evidence for the existence of the document derives from there.

calm

Epistle of Barnabas - ntcanon.org
www.ntcanon.org/Epistle_of_Barnabas.shtml
In short, the Epistle of Barnabas is a good and early example of what became the dominant method of interpreting the Bible in the early and medieval church. It is generally agreed that the author was from Alexandria , in view of his fondness of the allegorical approach for which Alexandria was well-known and the fact that all the earliest evidence for the existence of the document derives from there.
Thanks for the info. But the gospel of "Barnabas" is not the epistle of Barnabas.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

While I'll never be able to prove it by virtue that I'm not going to live for thousands of years, yet I can safely say that Jesus is never going to come back because he's simply invented in the minds of his creators which are other people. A mental puppet.

Imaginary beings don't have a tendency to come back because they were never there in the first place. ;0)

Besides Jesus already came back with Paul as the stories go.

calm

I don't believe the gospel of Barnabas is inspired or authentic as claimed.
The Epistle of Barnabas was considered canonical by some Fathers of the Church (Clement of Alexandria, Origen, Jerome) and is also completely contained in the Codex Sinaiticus and the Codex Hierosolymitanus.
The age of the letter is estimated at 100 AD, thus it is one of the oldest Christian texts we have. So there is much to suggest that the Epistle of Barnabas is God`s word. But to be on the safe side one should check every sentence and see if it is in harmony with the Bible or contradicts it.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

You are relying on non-canonical scripture again. Can I ask why you can't just use the accepted Bible, which (if you know what it teaches) tells us exactly where we are in the stream of time.

The book of Daniel was used by the Jews to calculate when Messiah was due and they were ready when Jesus came....they even thought that John the Baptist may have been him. John flat out told them he wasn't, but one would come after him, whose sandals he was not worthy to untie. (Matthew 3:1-12)

Using that same calculation, the "time of the end" or "the last days" of this world system of governance would begin with the "sign" that Jesus gave in Matthew 24. This was not the sign of his "coming"....but of his "presence" (parousia). It needed this sign to identify the time period because Jesus' "presence" is not visible to human eyes. Only by these world events would his disciples know that he was ruling. It was to begin with unprecedented warfare......WW1 was the beginning. Other features of the sign have been in evidence ever since.

His "manifestation" as judge with all his angels to bring mankind to an accounting however, will be very visible.....these are two separate events. One at the beginning of the last days...and one at the conclusion.

Daniel's prophesy on the march of world powers (Daniel ch2) began with Babylon and predicted the world powers to follow....Medo-Persia.....Greece.....Rome.....Britain.....and on into an alliance with the present dual world power of Anglo-America. These are the feet of clay, mixed with iron. (Daniel 2:29-43)

It is in the days of the last ruling powers (the present world rulers) that God's kingdom "comes"......

Daniel wrote concerning these last rulers....
"In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever". (Daniel 2:44)

God's Kingdom will "come"...ready or not, and will crush all corrupt human rulership out of existence, and replace it with Christ's rulership....only then will God's will "be done on earth as it is in heaven."
I believe that we are deep into the time of the end.

With the cleansing of this earth by Jesus and his heavenly army, satan and his demons will be imprisoned (Revelation 20:1-3) and redeemed mankind will enter a period of peace and security, such as has not been experienced since the garden of Eden. The 1,000 year reign of God's Kingdom under Christ will bring all redeemed humans back into a reconciliation with God Jehovah.....the same kind of relationship that Adam and his wife had in the beginning, but through disobedience, lost for themselves and all their children.

At the end of that millennium, satan will be released from his prison for one last test, before God destroys him and his hordes forever, along with any who may be misled again by abusing their free will.

Matthew 24:36-39.....Jesus said....
36 “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 38 For as they were in those days before the Flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, 39 and they took no note until the Flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be."
.....and here we are.....

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Wait a minute, ... you're a Bahai'i, aren't you?
No, I am not a Bahai.
I don't accept Bahaullah to be a truthful and straightforward person . I don't hate him though.
I have developed this thinking after carefully reading his "Kitab-i-Iqan"*, one of the core books of Bahaism; in English mainly and then reading it in Arabic and the original Farsi/Persian.

Regards