• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Jesus return as Kalki avatar?

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
This is similar to Divine Angrogyne's thread about Christ and Krishna but this thread looks at the future. Christ and Krishna (in the physical forms) came in the past.

Christians say that Jesus will return and in the Bhagvad Gita, Shri Krishna said that when unrighteousness is on the decline, he will manifest to restore the order. Shri Krishna was an avatar of Vishnu (Vishnu - that aspect of the Hindu Trinity controlling the preservation of the Universe). The last avatar of Vishnu in this age will be Kalki.

Do you think God will manifest as one avatar whom some will call Kalki and others will call Jesus? Or are the two totally unrelated in your mind?

When Christian missionaries visit me, they say that Jesus is returning and I tell them that Shri Krishna also said that he will manifest to reinforce righteousness. :D

I stick to hindu scriptures which don't mention jesus as a avatar. I also don't know that whether jesus has said anywhere that he will come again to ensure the triumph of righteousness. U can see that the symptoms given by our sages for kaliyuga are now taking place in reality.Kalki will come but at the end of kaliyuga which is not in near future.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
vivek_prayag said:
I stick to hindu scriptures which don't mention jesus as a avatar. I also don't know that whether jesus has said anywhere that he will come again to ensure the triumph of righteousness. U can see that the symptoms given by our sages for kaliyuga are now taking place in reality.Kalki will come but at the end of kaliyuga which is not in near future.

Thank you Vivek. Do you know when Kalki avatar will manifest?

It will manifest thousands of years from now. He will born in sambhal area of india .His father name will be vishnu sharma.

astarath

To often there are overlaps in the stories of prophecy and what is to come. As an ebionite I follow as Christ taught that no one knows the day or the hour save God. I would not presume to be on level with the intellect of God and so I do not concern myself with understanding the tangled web he weaves.

There could indeed be a great possibility but I myself will leave it to God's will in the future to show whether or not this is true.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
vivek_prayag said:
It will manifest thousands of years from now. He will born in sambhal area of india .His father name will be vishnu sharma.

Thanks again. Do you think Sai Baba is a present day avatar? He does perform Christ-like miracles.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
astarath said:
To often there are overlaps in the stories of prophecy and what is to come. As an ebionite I follow as Christ taught that no one knows the day or the hour save God. I would not presume to be on level with the intellect of God and so I do not concern myself with understanding the tangled web he weaves.

There could indeed be a great possibility but I myself will leave it to God's will in the future to show whether or not this is true.

Thank you astarath. I trust that he will show that it is true because IMO, the world needs a lot of correcting right now.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
What do you all think will be signs of this coming? I have heard that many natural disasters will prelude it because the earth is cleansing itself.

astarath

We will see the signs when: The world is in a state of great destruction/rebirth
When war anger pestilence famine rule the world
And when a large portion of the people living here on Earth dissapear with no reasoning nor excuse.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
astarath said:
We will see the signs when: The world is in a state of great destruction/rebirth
When war anger pestilence famine rule the world
And when a large portion of the people living here on Earth dissapear with no reasoning nor excuse.

The first two signs seem to have started but as for the last one - how will people disappear with no reason?

astarath

God will take them. I do not know how, if it entails death or merely dissapearance but he will come to judge and when he does those deemed worthy will not remain while those deemed unworthy will stay to suffer.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
astarath said:
God will take them. I do not know how, if it entails death or merely dissapearance but he will come to judge and when he does those deemed worthy will not remain while those deemed unworthy will stay to suffer.

Hinduism believes in cycles of creation and I have heard of a Diamond Age which is between the present Dark Age and the following Golden Age. During the Diamond Age, a few people will remain on earth - people God had chosen as fit to carry on his message to the new age. Perhaps this is similar.

astarath

It does indeed sound similar I would say the defining moment would be this if the end of the hinduistic dark age involved a purging of the unworthy it would be synonymous to the concept of the rapture and judgement.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
astarath said:
It does indeed sound similar I would say the defining moment would be this if the end of the hinduistic dark age involved a purging of the unworthy it would be synonymous to the concept of the rapture and judgement.

I wonder if there will be another flood. Hinduism also has a version of the flood story like the Bible but I'm not sure about the future.

astarath

uhhhh...it wouldn't be another flood coming from our end because God gave us the covenant that he would not flood the world again. Our revelation states something more like Satan let loose on the Earth.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
astarath said:
uhhhh...it wouldn't be another flood coming from our end because God gave us the covenant that he would not flood the world again. Our revelation states something more like Satan let loose on the Earth.

Hee hee. Okay then. Perhaps when Vivek comes back he might comment if he knows about what Hinduism says about it. I do know that Kalki Avatar will come riding a white horse.

The kaliyuga will come to the end with the flooding of entire earth.After this, there will be starting of golden age-satyuga.However, it is still thousands of years from now.
According to hinduism, the cycle of creation and destruction is continous. what is created will be destroyed one day and what is destroyed one day will be created another day. So, kaliyuga will be followed by satyuga and satyuga will be followed by treta yuga and treta yuga will be followed by dwapar yuga and finally dwapar yuga will be followed kali yuga. The number of noble man in kali yuga will be reduced to one-forth while in satyuga , all the individuals were noble persons.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
vivek_prayag said:
The kaliyuga will come to the end with the flooding of entire earth.After this, there will be starting of golden age-satyuga.However, it is still thousands of years from now.
According to hinduism, the cycle of creation and destruction is continous. what is created will be destroyed one day and what is destroyed one day will be created another day. So, kaliyuga will be followed by satyuga and satyuga will be followed by treta yuga and treta yuga will be followed by dwapar yuga and finally dwapar yuga will be followed kali yuga. The number of noble man in kali yuga will be reduced to one-forth while in satyuga , all the individuals were noble persons.

Thanks Vivek. Hmm...the ice caps are already melting and the poor cute polar bears are drowning. :polarbaby: I have read that the universe is sort of reabsorbed into Brahman and manifested again for the new cycle. :)

We r continously raping or supporting rapist of mother nature.How can we expect to get mercy from nature when we have no mercy for plants and rivers.?????:eek: