• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Everyone Eventually Be Saved?

Yes, God desires ALL to be saved - 2nd Peter 3 v 9 - however if one does not repent then one is Not saved.

Jesus ransom -Matthew 20 v 28 - covers MANY. It does Not say ALL.

Not all because all do not repent.

Those committing the unforgivable sin are Not saved.- Matthew 12 v 32; Hebrews 6 vs 4-6

Exodus 34 v 7 already taught that by No means will the guilty be cleared.

'by no means' would include Jesus ransom Not covering the guilty wicked. - Psalm 92 v 7
According to the bible, even repentance is up to God to bestow on a person:
Acts 5:31: God has exalted to his right hand this very man as our Leader and Savior in order to extend repentance and forgiveness of sins to Israel.

Acts 11:18: When they heard this, they quieted down and glorified God, saying, "Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life."

2 Timothy 2:24-26: The Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged, with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will.
In my view, a god who can't or won't save all would not be a God at all.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
God will only bring to ruin those ruining the earth.- Rev. 11 v 18 B
[ruin by destruction of land, air, water and debased moral standards]

Micah wrote [ 4 vs 3,4 ] that No one would make another tremble or be afraid.
In order for that security to come to pass the willfully wicked will have to go. -Psalm 92 v 7
The only way there could be justice for the upright would be to eliminate the wicked.
-Proverbs 2 vs 21,22

That is why both the righteous and wicked are being warned today [ Ezekiel 3 vs 18-21 ]
God always forewarns before destruction.
That is why Noah is called a preacher of righteousness at 2nd Peter 2 v 5
The people were first forewarned before their destruction came.
God desires all to repent- 2nd Peter 3 v 9.
That puts the 'ball' into our hands, so to speak, as to if we want to repent or not.
It's repentance that leads to everlasting life.

God will only bring to ruin those ruining the earth.- Rev. 11 v 18 B
[ruin by destruction of land, air, water and debased moral standards]

Micah wrote [ 4 vs 3,4 ] that No one would make another tremble or be afraid.

In order for that security to come to pass the willfully wicked will have to go. -Psalm 92 v 7
The only way there could be justice for the upright would be to eliminate the wicked.
-Proverbs 2 vs 21,22

That is why both the righteous and wicked are being warned today [ Ezekiel 3 vs 18-21 ]

God always forewarns before destruction.
That is why Noah is called a preacher of righteousness at 2nd Peter 2 v 5
The people were first forewarned before their destruction came.
God desires all to repent- 2nd Peter 3 v 9.
That puts the 'ball' into our hands, so to speak, as to if we want to repent or not.
It's repentance that leads to everlasting life.
Fortunately, eliminating the wicked doesn't necessarily have to mean eliminating the vessel in which the wicked resides. The bible says that Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the "sin" -- not the "sinner" -- of the world.

I refuse to believe God throws a hissy-fit and crushes something that doesn't work right, like a spoiled child would an uncooperative toy.
That right there sounds suspiciously like a man-made god. It would be even less likely when God is akin to the toy-Maker to begin with. If the product isn't up to standard, He alone is responsible for that being the case.

At any rate, I'm confident that God has more than enough power to transform and fix whatever is 'broken' rather than trash it in a huff. :yes:

Satyamavejayanti

It has always been my belief that everyone will be saved. I had this problem: when salvation arrived through Christ, what of those previously condemned? It seems to me Christ was looking for the salvation of all men. Surely he has the power to retrieve those who previously existed from hell after they have spent their term there, and would use this power. But religion speaks of "eternal damnation". Is this not something Christ would bring to an end, just as he came to redeem those who would at the time be believers?

Well lets say yes, every one will be saved, but then what do we do after that?

javajo

I know a whole lot of conversation happened between this post and now, but this is something that always bugged me about the Christian beliefs I grew up with.

Christianity is only about 2000 years old, but there was a whole lot of history before that, so there would be billions of people who didn't even know Jesus existed, let only died for their sins. Was that act retroactive, or are those people pretty much S O L?
It matters not when a person lived. People who lived before the cross were saved by grace through faith, too:

For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Romans 4:3.

When Jesus died on the cross, he paid the penalty of all the sin of all the world, "once for all". That is everyone from Adam to all who will ever live, "all:"

By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. Hebrews 10:10.
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13.

Just like in Acts 10:

Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band, A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.

Who Peter said of him,

Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.
Gen. 5:24

But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
Gen. 6:8

kjw47

Fortunately, eliminating the wicked doesn't necessarily have to mean eliminating the vessel in which the wicked resides. The bible says that Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the "sin" -- not the "sinner" -- of the world.

I refuse to believe God throws a hissy-fit and crushes something that doesn't work right, like a spoiled child would an uncooperative toy. That right there sounds suspiciously like a man-made god. It would be even less likely when God is akin to the toy-Maker to begin with. If the product isn't up to standard, He alone is responsible for that being the case.

At any rate, I'm confident that God has more than enough power to transform and fix whatever is 'broken' rather than trash it in a huff. :yes:

This is what Gods word teaches---Matt 7:21-- those that do the will of the Father will enter his kingdom( eternal life) ---- 1 John 2:17 teaches-- those who do Gods will, will remain forever( eternal life) Also Gods word teaches this--- enter through the narrow gate, because cramped is the road leading off into life( eternal) FEW( 1%) will find it. Broad and spacious the path leading to destruction( eternal) many(99%) are the ones going in that way. The world has been forewarned for at least 2000 years.

This is what Gods word teaches---Matt 7:21-- those that do the will of the Father will enter his kingdom( eternal life) ---- 1 John 2:17 teaches-- those who do Gods will, will remain forever( eternal life) Also Gods word teaches this--- enter through the narrow gate, because cramped is the road leading off into life( eternal) FEW( 1%) will find it. Broad and spacious the path leading to destruction( eternal) many(99%) are the ones going in that way. The world has been forewarned for at least 2000 years.
As I previously mentioned to you in another thread (here), the bible also mentions that no one seeks God in the first place, so the verse saying that few find the road leading to Him is something of an understatement. And it doesn't make sense that God would make the one thing people don't do -- seek/find Him -- the prerequisite for salvation. I don't believe for a minute that God would play such a head-game with His creation -- that's a man-made doctrine designed to keep people in fear and off-balance spiritually, imo.

If what Jesus went through, and why he went through it, is true, that should be enough to get mankind saved (which was allegedly his reason for enduring all he did). Nothing anyone else does could possibly compete with that in gaining salvation, no matter how high they think they can score on the 'righteousness' meter.
:)

kjw47

As I previously mentioned to you in another thread (here), the bible also mentions that no one seeks God in the first place, so the verse saying that few find the road leading to Him is something of an understatement. And it doesn't make sense that God would make the one thing people don't do -- seek/find Him -- the prerequisite for salvation. I don't believe for a minute that God would play such a head-game with His creation -- that's a man-made doctrine designed to keep people in fear and off-balance spiritually, imo.

If what Jesus went through, and why he went through it, is true, that should be enough to get mankind saved (which was allegedly his reason for enduring all he did). Nothing anyone else does could possibly compete with that in gaining salvation, no matter how high they think they can score on the 'righteousness' meter.
:)

I will believe Gods written word. Eves thinking kind of sounds like the path you have chosen, we all see where it got mankind.

Eves thinking kind of sounds like the path you have chosen, we all see where it got mankind.
Really? So Eve's thinking included exalting Jesus' sacrifice so highly? I didn't even think she knew about Jesus.

Or did she also believe what the bible says about no one seeking God? Wait... that can't be right, either, since the bible wasn't around back then.

Um... could you maybe be more specific as to what you mean about Eve's thinking sounding like the path I've chosen? This should be very interesting, especially considering that I haven't really spelled out here all that clearly the path I've chosen since it's rather eclectic, and we have no psychics on hand to tell us in any meaningful detail what it was that Eve was thinking! :D

kjw47

Really? So Eve's thinking included exalting Jesus' sacrifice so highly? I didn't even think she knew about Jesus.

Or did she also believe what the bible says about no one seeking God? Wait... that can't be right, either, since the bible wasn't around back then.

Um... could you maybe be more specific as to what you mean about Eve's thinking sounding like the path I've chosen? This should be very interesting, especially considering that I haven't really spelled out here all that clearly the path I've chosen since it's rather eclectic, and we have no psychics on hand to tell us in any meaningful detail what it was that Eve was thinking! :D

No Eve was starting to think independent thoughts apart from Gods truth. I suppose that is how 33,000 different religions calling themselves christian started as well. Even though this is truth( 1 cor 1:10)

No Eve was starting to think independent thoughts apart from Gods truth.
Well then, perhaps you could clarify exactly what you did mean in post #149 about Eve's thinking sounding like the path I've chosen, given that you now don't seem to believe that what I had said in posts #148 or #150 was it.

kjw47

Well then, perhaps you could clarify exactly what you did mean in post #149 about Eve's thinking sounding like the path I've chosen, given that you now don't seem to believe that what I had said in posts #148 or #150 was it.

Post 148--- You dont seem to think that seeking after God has anything to do with salvation-- what is salvation-- entering into Gods kingdom to eternal life-being saved) Jesus taught--John 17:3-- This means eternal life,their taking in knowledge( knowing) you( Father) THE ONLY TRUE GOD, and of the one whom you sent forth Jesus Christ----- So wouldnt taking in knowledge be seeking after God?

Post 148--- You dont seem to think that seeking after God has anything to do with salvation-- what is salvation-- entering into Gods kingdom to eternal life-being saved) Jesus taught--John 17:3-- This means eternal life,their taking in knowledge( knowing) you( Father) THE ONLY TRUE GOD, and of the one whom you sent forth Jesus Christ----- So wouldnt taking in knowledge be seeking after God?
If it means "seeking after" God, then this is simply yet another example of the various contradictions contained in your bible. If no one seeks after God (Romans 3:11), and salvation is acquired by seeking after God, then you've got a serious problem on your hands, which can be alleviated by seeing salvation as being entirely a work of God. The work of God is this: to believe. Faith/belief/repentance is all God-induced, imo. According to your bible, who is it who not only does the saving but also the seeking? See Luke 19:10, as well as the parable of the lost coin, etc.

kjw47

If it means "seeking after" God, then this is simply yet another example of the various contradictions contained in your bible. If no one seeks after God (Romans 3:11), and salvation is acquired by seeking after God, then you've got a serious problem on your hands, which can be alleviated by seeing salvation as being entirely a work of God. The work of God is this: to believe. Faith/belief/repentance is all God-induced, imo. According to your bible, who is it who not only does the saving but also the seeking? See Luke 19:10, as well as the parable of the lost coin, etc.

There has to be an underlying reasoning of what it actually means.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Romans 3 v10 mentions 'as it is written'. Where was it written but in the Constitution of the Mosaic law.

Under the law then the 'they' of Romans 3 v 9 are the foolish ones that there is none [foolish ones] that seeks after God. They [ foolish ones ] verses 12-18 do not fear God.

It is one's own iniquities [sins] that separates one between one and God.
- Isaiah 59 vs 1,2
Sin alienates but Jesus redeems.

What is God requiring of us at Micah 6 v 8 ?

What are the conditions to be met at Zephaniah 2 v 3 ?_________

Romans 3 v10 mentions 'as it is written'. Where was it written but in the Constitution of the Mosaic law. Under the law then the 'they' of Romans 3 v 9 are the foolish ones that there is none [foolish ones] that seeks after God. They [ foolish ones ] verses 12-18 do not fear God.
The verses don't seem to make a distinction. Paul seems convinced there's no one righteous, not one. Of course, he could have been wrong, and I tend to take scripture with a grain of salt anyway. :)

What is God requiring of us at Micah 6 v 8 ?
What are the conditions to be met at Zephaniah 2 v 3 ?_________
Contextually speaking, God doesn't require anything of us in those verses, as we are not the audience to which they were addressed.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The verses don't seem to make a distinction. Paul seems convinced there's no one righteous, not one. Of course, he could have been wrong, and I tend to take scripture with a grain of salt anyway. :)
Contextually speaking, God doesn't require anything of us in those verses, as we are not the audience to which they were addressed.

Right there is no one righteous, but God through Christ can count people as righteous such as the living 'sheep' alive on earth will be counted as righteous at the coming 'time of separation' of Matthew 25 vs 31,32,37.

If 'we' are not the audience 'us' then who is ?____________
Just because the verses were written before 'us' [the present-day living] does not mean they do not apply to 'us' alive today.

Isn't the 'great day' ahead of us according to Zephaniah 1 v 14,15; 2 vs 2,3 ?
Malachi connected the 'great day' as future at Malachi 3 v 5.
What Luke wrote at Acts [ 2 v 20 ] is in a future setting. [Joel 2 v 31 ]
What John wrote at Revelation [ 6 v 17 ] is also future.
Revelation means a revealing. In the case of the book of Revelation it is a revealing of the future including the 'great day' [ 1st Thess. 5 vs 2,3 ] before the start of Jesus millennial-long day of reigning over righteous mankind .-Psalm 72 v 8