• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will England win Euro 2020 ?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I don't think the U.S. even plays in the Cricket World Cup.

Although, it's interesting that soccer has gained a bit of a following and fanbase in the U.S. - and even a few American rugby fans here and there. But I don't know of any Americans who are cricket fans, except for the chirping variety.

Yes, I did rather fix the opener. Not that I knew such but I guessed the USA were not that involved in cricket (if at all), given those who tend to win. They probably know better. Cricket, even more boring than football. :D

PS I am actually watching the current game and predict a German win. :oops:

Haha - one can be wrong - England 2 - Germany 0 :D :D :D

Last edited:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Well that was emotional
The game was less stressful for me, expecting a loss, but rather nice to see, given the myriad ways England seem to have in order to lose on most occasions. Rather nice stress relief for all the crowds too after the pandemic misery. Still not the winners yet though. :checkeredflag: :eyes: :oops:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I'm getting a bit worried - thinking of this song, and how I have already witnessed one success. :oops:

Shining a laser into the eyes of any goalie is just despicable. :oops: And England have certainly looked like a team that could win, but I wouldn't bank on it. :praying:

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Honestly, I'ld be surprised if England didn't make it to the finals this year.

Which they will lose to Belgium. :p :p :p :p

@Mock Turtle

I was half right.
They'll lose to Italy instead. :D

Although, I think with Spinazola out of the picture, the english have a very good chance. It was already clear in Italy's match against Spain that missing Spinazola has hurt their game plan a lot. On top of that, they play in London. The cards certainly seem in their favor in that sense.

It might be a coin toss. I don't expect a clear win by any of the finalists.

Still I think Italy has an edge. Their defense is ridiculous. Scoring against them has proven to be extremely hard. Chiellini and Bonucci both are in their 30s, but they are extremely solid and are overflown with experience.

It's going to be an interesting game for sure.

Although I do hope Italy isn't going to be as annoying as they were against Belgium. Overall, they deserved to win - their game was simply better. At the same time though................... I feel they "stole" the first goal with Immobile's dive. Imo, the VAR should have intervened, given him yellow and cancel the goal.

And then the constant time stretching, it was ridiculous.
Analysts have timed it. In the second half, there was 25 minutes of play out of 45.
Then 9 minutes of extra time. Of those 9 minutes, only little over 1 min of actual game time.

It was ridiculous. Refs should intervene in such cases.

Nonetheless... Italy now has a string of 34 games of being undefeated!
That's some impressive stuff!

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
@Mock Turtle

I was half right.
They'll lose to Italy instead. :D

Although, I think with Spinazola out of the picture, the english have a very good chance. It was already clear in Italy's match against Spain that missing Spinazola has hurt their game plan a lot. On top of that, they play in London. The cards certainly seem in their favor in that sense.

It might be a coin toss. I don't expect a clear win by any of the finalists.

Still I think Italy has an edge. Their defense is ridiculous. Scoring against them has proven to be extremely hard. Chiellini and Bonucci both are in their 30s, but they are extremely solid and are overflown with experience.

It's going to be an interesting game for sure.

Although I do hope Italy isn't going to be as annoying as they were against Belgium. Overall, they deserved to win - their game was simply better. At the same time though................... I feel they "stole" the first goal with Immobile's dive. Imo, the VAR should have intervened, given him yellow and cancel the goal.

And then the constant time stretching, it was ridiculous.
Analysts have timed it. In the second half, there was 25 minutes of play out of 45.
Then 9 minutes of extra time. Of those 9 minutes, only little over 1 min of actual game time.

It was ridiculous. Refs should intervene in such cases.

Nonetheless... Italy now has a string of 34 games of being undefeated!
That's some impressive stuff!
I can't claim to be able to analyse the play of any team - not being that much of a footie watcher, but here is my penny's worth. :oops:

It looks like, combining World Cup and Euro wins and losses, Italy has lost more than they have won, whilst England have never lost (only winning one), such that if Italy wins then the balance will be restored - for Italy and England. Oh dear. :oops: But perhaps World Cup wins are worth a lot more than Euro wins - Italy having won twice, lost twice to England's one win. Some of us have seen the silliness of Beckham kicking out in anger and getting sent off, all the penalty disasters, the luck of Maradona not being penalised for handball, and all the rest, so perhaps we are due some luck in one of these events, but I wouldn't bank on it. England have played well so far so we can't be disappointed in their performances as a team, and I think few would say they don't deserve to be in a final or possibly win. But much the same could be said for Italy.

My expert analysis as a mostly non-supporter of any football. :D

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
During the final, when the ref blows his whistle for 'half-time', England's National Electrical Grid is going to crash about thirty seconds afterwards.

The final is going to attract the largest viewing audience (here) in about 50 years, and all those kettles going on.......... Zappp!!!!

We're doomed, I tell yer.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Well I watched some of the 1966 final (in colour on TV) yesterday, and England didn't look that good :oops:, not that this mattered, as they only needed to be just a little better than the other team, but I hope they have improved somewhat. And as far as I can tell they have - being a team at last. :soccerball: :beercheers: :checkeredflag: :endwarrow:

RestlessSoul

Well I watched some of the 1966 final (in colour on TV) yesterday, and England didn't look that good :oops:, not that this mattered, as they only needed to be just a little better than the other team, but I hope they have improved somewhat. And as far as I can tell they have - being a team at last. :soccerball: :beercheers: :checkeredflag: :endwarrow:

I was 5 in 66. Don't really remember it, but I remember every one of those "Oh So Nears" since then.

England vs Italy in a final at Wembley. International football doesn't get more epic than that.
Pretty sure I'll be in tears, win lose or draw.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I was 5 in 66. Don't really remember it, but I remember every one of those "Oh So Nears" since then.

England vs Italy in a final at Wembley. International football doesn't get more epic than that.
Pretty sure I'll be in tears, win lose or draw.
Well I was twenty then (born not so far way from Wembley), and not that interested in football (still aren't), but I must admit I have watched most of the games since 1966 where England had a chance but where unfortunately they lost out for various reasons. This bunch look a lot better (to me), so I hope they win, but I'll not feel bitter if they don't. Luck is often an issue it seems. :checkeredflag: :D

Last edited:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
My interest in football might be observed by the following. My friends and I would often explore various drinking establishments in London, where such seemed to have some reputation. We came across Denis Law (the Scottish footballer) in The Coal Hole once (part of The Savoy I believe), and my friend, being Scottish, obviously recognised him and pointed him out. Me, none the wiser. This was in the 1960s but I can't recall which year. :oops: