• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Donald Trump testify in the Senate impeachment trial?

Will Trump testify in person in the Senate trial?

• Total voters

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Judge Napolitano predicts that Trump will testify in the Senate.

Fox's Napolitano predicts Trump will testify on own behalf at Senate trial

I admit, I am going back and forth on this one. But I kinda think this won’t happen.

On the one hand if Trump does testify it will get record ratings, and although that wouldn’t matter to any sane individual it seems to matter a lot to Trump.

But I think Trump is way too much of a coward to actually appear in the Senate to answer questions, some of which will be asked by Democrats.

What do you think?

Shad

Veteran Member

I admit, I am going back and forth on this one. But I kinda think this won’t happen.

On the one hand if Trump does testify it will get record ratings, and although that wouldn’t matter to any sane individual it seems to matter a lot to Trump.

But I think Trump is way too much of a coward to actually appear in the Senate to answer questions, some of which will be asked by Democrats.

What do you think?

Voted no as I do not think the GOP will call him nor accept any call from the Dem minority. I do not think Trump will volunteer.

Napolitano has a grudge against Trump. Napolitano claimed to be on Trump's list for SCOTUS and would be appointed. He was never nominated. Trump dumps on this fact via twitter including asserting Napolitano is really a hack. I would read too much into Napolitano's opinion regarding what Trump would do since he did not even see his own lack of a nomination coming while bragging it was going to happen.

Last edited:

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

What do you think?

I think Trump will impulsively say he will, and then his advisors will freak as soon as he tweets it and beg him to reconsider.

Shad

Veteran Member
So who will testify for Trump?

I bet no one in any major position. Maybe a lawyer with no links to any issue reading statements.

The GOP isn't going to have any sort of trial regarding Trump. The GOP plans to call Hunter Biden so is going to go after Burisma, Hunter Biden and Ukraine corruption for 2020 optics. It will be dragged out until the GOP hits something, polls dictate otherwise or until it feels it has teased the optics it can or wants from it. It may or may not hit something more damaging to Biden via Hunter. This is besides the obvious that Hunter has no business in many of the position he holds/held. They may go after Dems like Schiff. Once this is done the GOP will call a vote. The verdict will be not guilty.

This is provided Dems do not sabotage the impeachment vote by having red/purple seats held by Dems flip to No. After all a Yes vote is risky to those seats. A few members of such seats already flipped to No or are talking about voting No. Only 14 Dems need to flip to No for the articles to fail in the House.

So either Dems kill the articles or the GOP runs it's own circus while forgetting how they complained about the Dem circus as of 5 mins ago.

Last edited:

Terry Sampson

What do you think?
IMO, Trump would love nothing more than to stand in the Senate and regale the Dems, and less-than-fervent Republicans with his BS. However, I think the real question is: can his aides and lackey Senators stop him from making an arse out of himself on the Senate floor? Currently, I'm inclined to think they can persuade him not to jeopardize himself.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I bet no one in any major position. Maybe a lawyer with no links to any issue reading statements.

The GOP isn't going to have any sort of trial regarding Trump. The GOP plans to call Hunter Biden so is going to go after Burisma, Hunter Biden and Ukraine corruption for 2020 optics. It will be dragged out until the GOP hits something, polls dictate otherwise or until it feels it has teased the optics it can or wants from it. It may or may not hit something more damaging to Biden via Hunter. This is besides the obvious that Hunter has no business in many of the position he holds/held. They may go after Dems like Schiff. Once this is done the GOP will call a vote. The verdict will be not guilty.

This is provided Dems do not sabotage the impeachment vote by having red/purple seats held by Dems flip to No. After all a Yes vote is risky to those seats. A few members of such seats already flipped to No or are talking about voting No. Only 14 Dems need to flip to No for the articles to fail in the House.

So either Dems kill the articles or the GOP runs it's own circus while forgetting how they complained about the Dem circus as of 5 mins ago.
I think you are right. I wonder if they will call Joe Biden. I think they will tear Hunter Biden apart, but won’t find much meat there. But Joe Biden could hold his own against any Senate questioning.

I think there is very little chance, almost no chance, that the Dems will fail to impeach.

If the Senate fails to call any significant witnesses that will look bad for them. But maybe calling those witnesses will look even worse.

Honestly I don’t know what the Senate trial will look like.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Though I would be the first to claim that Trump is certifiable there probably is one little patch of sanity left that realizes that it would be disastrous for him to testify.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
I doubt that he will. He doesn't even acknowledge the validity of the impeachment, so he will most likely reject any "invitation."

Laika

Premium Member
Voted No on humanitarian grounds. No. Please No! :eek:

Trump will purger himself if he gets called before Congress. I don't think anyone really wants to invite him to "tell the truth and nothing but the truth so help you god". That's liable for some excruciating and widely publicised television.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Voted No on humanitarian grounds. No. Please No! :eek:

Trump will purger himself if he gets called before Congress. I don't think anyone really wants to invite him to "tell the truth and nothing but the truth so help you god". That's liable for some excruciating and widely publicised television.
Though the spelling is "perjure" I have to admit that I like your version better and in this case it may be more accurate. I can imagine Trump purging himself all over the place with endless verbal diarrhea.

Shad

Veteran Member
I think you are right. I wonder if they will call Joe Biden.

I think that will only happen if Hunter says something really damaging

I think they will tear Hunter Biden apart, but won’t find much meat there. But Joe Biden could hold his own against any Senate questioning.

Joe can not hold his own. When someone asked him about his son he lashed out calling the guy fat then challenging him to an IQ test and push ups. Joe is losing his marbles

I think there is very little chance, almost no chance, that the Dems will fail to impeach.

Some Dems are already flipping to No or are talking about.

If the Senate fails to call any significant witnesses that will look bad for them. But maybe calling those witnesses will look even worse.

That is the job of the House Dems not the Senate. The House must makes it's case to the Sentate

Honestly I don’t know what the Senate trial will look like.

It will be a circus. The only question is if it's a good show or the type that stops at villages/towns