• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Churches Teach Us How To Work With Angels?

CharmingOwl

If I approached a church and asked them about summoning angels as spirit guides, working with them, giving offerings and worship of the archangels, would they be welcoming of this attitude? Would they discourage me from the occult or practicing these things outside of Christianity? So far the only videos I can find for Angelic energy mantras come from a Left-Hand path channel run by a coven.

To someone like me who believes in summoning gods, giving offerings to gods, and other things I find it very strange how religious services tend to focus on ideologies and behavioral rules as opposed to focusing on the worship of deities.

Even though personally it is easier for me to resonate with demonic energy than angelic energy, I am welcome to all spirit guides and am interested in learning these things. I don't even see it as a dichotomy really.

JDMS

Academic Workhorse
It probably wouldn't hurt to try, especially over email where you ate safe if things go south.

If I had to predict an outcome, most would probably politely decline and say they don't know anything about summoning angels, as it isn't a normal part of Christian practice. Others may try to dissuade you and say that no one should worship God's messengers rather than God themselves.

But if you email these churches, and don't get the response or advice you wanted, all you'll have done us wasted some time. I doubt many would try to witch-hunt you. At most, they may sign your email up for Christian newsletters... o_O

Viker

Häxan
If I approached a church and asked them about summoning angels as spirit guides, working with them, giving offerings and worship of the archangels, would they be welcoming of this attitude? Would they discourage me from the occult or practicing these things outside of Christianity? So far the only videos I can find for Angelic energy mantras come from a Left-Hand path channel run by a coven.

To someone like me who believes in summoning gods, giving offerings to gods, and other things I find it very strange how religious services tend to focus on ideologies and behavioral rules as opposed to focusing on the worship of deities.

Even though personally it is easier for me to resonate with demonic energy than angelic energy, I am welcome to all spirit guides and am interested in learning these things. I don't even see it as a dichotomy really.
Most of today's churches out right reject such things as superstition or as dangerous and forbidden.

You'll see more occult and LHP traditions approaching this as we don't always separate out the divine, angelic and demonic from each other.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

In general Christian churches do not condone worshipping anything other than God. There is a long history of asking angels for their intercession or protection, but they are not considered gods. They are servants and messengers of the one God.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
@CharmingOwl

Angels are not spirit guides. The whole concept of spirit guides is a pagan one, very common among New Agers. Spirit guides do not exist in the monotheistic faiths.

Angels are messengers of God. The accounts of their appearences are very few and far between.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
@CharmingOwl
Will Churches Teach Us How To Work With Angels?

Absolutely not. And even if they will, they don't understand how angels work, thinking they can 'fall'.

Angels don't have Free Will. So, they probably won't 'work with' you anyways, even if you managed to contact them.

Kabbalistic Magick invokes angels quite a bit, like with the Circle, but doesn't expect direct interaction.

You're much better off trying to contact Djinn. I'd assume there's a Muslim counterpart to Kabbalah,
they are the ones to consult, not Xians!

Now, Djinn will be a little more risky than angels. Djinn are like humans, they have free will. Can be good or evil.

Last edited:

PearlSeeker

"Latria [latreutical worship] is sacrificial in character, and may be offered only to God. Catholic and Orthodox Christians offer other degrees of reverence to the Blessed Virgin Mary and to the Saints; these non-sacrificial types of reverence are called hyperdulia and dulia, respectively. In English, dulia is also called veneration.[5] Hyperdulia is essentially a heightened degree of dulia provided only to the Blessed Virgin."

Sorce: Latria - Wikipedia

There are some Catholic prayers for guidance and protection directed at Mary, saints, angels and archangels but this would be in direct contradiction to working with demonic spirits - for example the prayer to archangel Michael:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Much (though not all) of organized religion is like the drive-thru restaurant of religion. It's meant to be quick and easy while not requiring any participation or much effort. You're not the chef, you're the patron. It's there for you to consume, not to learn how to do yourself. In fact, some of these drive-through restaurant religions actively discourage doing otherwise because it creates competition for what they are selling. The moment you start cooking for yourself - becoming a religious mystic who experiences and explores things for themselves - is the moment you don't need to pay them for nourishment.

So no, that's not really the business model, so to speak, of most Christian churches. They don't focus on mystical practice and sharing experiences and techniques; that sort of thing is much more common in Pagan circles or other inherently mystical traditions. That's not to say mystical religion in Christianity doesn't exist; it certainly does. I ran into Christian mystics while floating in a local New Age circle some years ago, and they were all over this angel stuff. But it isn't mainstream.