• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Atheism Ever Be The Dominant Religion?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Sure it is, you are attaching value to your notions based on sentiment, not logic.
Not true. Laziness is illogical because it can lead to hunger, homelessness, and, eventually, death. You are assuming that logic is limited to the here and now. Looking at future consequences is paramount in logic.

corynski

Reality First!
Premium Member
Atheists love to dominate other people, but it takes more faith to be an atheist than to believe in God, so no.

Just brilliant! I'm atheist but I don't dominate anyone, nor do I want to. And it does not take faith to be an atheist, it simply takes common sense and an independent mind. How many atheists do you know?

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Not true. Laziness is illogical because it can lead to hunger, homelessness, and, eventually, death. You are assuming that logic is limited to the here and now. Looking at future consequences is paramount in logic.

They won't let me continue this conversation.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
No because Religion is really for our emotional side. Atheism is really about valuing logic over emotion. Love, Hate, Sadness, happiness are strong feelings that will always overcome logic.

At best people will realize the need for both and not try and Back up beliefs with logic or ignore emotions because they aren't logical.

What a strange non-sequitur.

"Do you believe in unicorns?"

"Uh, no."

"Then how do you live without love in your heart?!"

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
atheists will place themselves in the position of god, they will think they know everything because of science, the human race will deteriorate.

But theists have placed themselves into the position of god's spokespeople (using him as their sock puppet), they thought they knew everything because scripture (words placed in god's mouth), and the human race deteriorated under their reign (dark ages, anyone?).

syo

But theists have placed themselves into the position of god's spokespeople (using him as their sock puppet), they thought they knew everything because scripture (words placed in god's mouth), and the human race deteriorated under their reign (dark ages, anyone?).
you have a point.

gnomon

I can only conclude, that this being an educational forum, and reading through this thread......it's failed.

Since when has religion been about God over the ideal of cultural belief?

But I ask too much.

corynski

Reality First!
Premium Member
At least you admit that it is a religion, which it is.

DavidFirth.......... Nonsense, atheism is NOT a religion. Atheism means A, without, followed by theism, together meaning without religion, you don't have to read anything into it.........

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
I think calling nonbelief a religion is disrespectful toward religions and people who consider religion important, but I guess you don't feel that way.

If you are telling me that by calling atheism a religion I can disrespect both theists and atheists at the same time, then I think that is just great.

DavidFirth

I think calling nonbelief a religion is disrespectful toward religions and people who consider religion important, but I guess you don't feel that way.

It is the religion that believes that no god exists. One cannot prove no god exists, one simply clings to the faith that no god does.