• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wide Eyed

Melody

I heard this song the other day and it made such an impact on me...because I've been guilty at looking at someone, thinking strange, chuckling under my breath and walking away. I never made fun of them, never treated them disrespectfully, but.....

Perhaps that's why this song hit me so hard.

It's called "Wide Eyed" and is sung by Nichole Nordeman. Beautiful song.

When I met him on a sidewalk - He was preaching to a mailbox - Down on 16th Avenue.
And he told me he was Jesus - Sent from Jupiter to free us - with a bottle of tequila and one shoe.
He raged about repentance - He finished every sentence - with a promise that the end was close at hand.
I didn't even try to understand.

chorus:
He left me wide eyed in disbelief and disillusion.
I was tongue tied, drawn by my conclusions - so I turned and walked away - and laughed at what he had to say - then casually dismissed him as a fraud.
I forgot he was created in the image of my God.

When I met her in a bookstore - She was browsing on the first floor - Through a yoga magazine.
And she told me in her past life - She was some plantation slave's wife - She had to figure out what that might mean.
She believes the healing powers of her crystals - Can bring balance and new purpose to her life.
Sounds nice.

CHORUS

Not so long ago, a man from Galilee - Fed thousands with His bread and His theology
And the truth He spoke - Quickly became the joke of educated, self-inflated Pharisees like me

And they were wide eyed in disbelief and disillusion
They were tongue tied, drawn by their conclusions

Would I have turned and walked away - And laughed at what He had to say
And casually dismissed Him as a fraud - Unaware that I was starting at the image of my God.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
A very good stopper and thinker....

Thanks Melody

Terry_______________________
Amen! Truly I say to you: Gather in my name. I am with you.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
That song makes a good point. :) I'm gonna have to see if I can catch it on the radio sometime... it sounds good.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Melody said:
I heard this song the other day and it made such an impact on me...because I've been guilty at looking at someone, thinking strange, chuckling under my breath and walking away. I never made fun of them, never treated them disrespectfully, but.....

Perhaps that's why this song hit me so hard.

It's called "Wide Eyed" and is sung by Nichole Nordeman. Beautiful song.
I think that's why Walt Whitman said to "stand up for the stupid and crazy," because otherwise it's too easy to dismiss people as stupid and/or crazy.

Thanks for sharing the song Melody. The lyrics are beautiful and I'm going to try to listen for it. I'm sure it's lovely.

Hope

Princesinha
Beautiful song. I have heard of Nichole Nordeman, and believe I've heard some of her songs.

Great message in that particular song, though. It's a good reminder that we are all on an equal plane in God's eyes.....:)