• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wicked Foods!

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
10 day juice cleanse/fast? Only juice for the next 10 days? How is that healthy?

It's all fresh fruit and veggies, put thru the juicer.

It's not long term - it's just ten days. I am not giving up carbs and proteins for a long time, just for ten days. I am trying to give my body and digestive system a thorough "cleansing!"

I would not recommend any sort of regimen like this for the long haul.

Heck, if I was going to a class reunion, I'd cut my calories down to about 1000 a day for ten days - it wouldn't kill me, or even hurt me in the long haul. To me there's a difference between a short term fast and a lifestyle change. Besides that, think of all the vitamins and minerals in fresh fruits and veggies!

We'll see how it works out.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
10 day juice cleanse/fast? Only juice for the next 10 days? How is that healthy?

It's not recommended for pregnant or nursing women, generally, but 5, 10, or 15 days of just juice (fresh made and not as much of the watered down juices at the store) is a great way to detox and to clear out all the junk that might be clogging up the mind and the body.

There are juice fasts that can be monitered by a physician for as long as 60 days for some people. I've only done as long as 10 days before.

I'm suggesting to the Dear Husband every now and then that doing a 10 day juice fast together might be a good idea when we're both on vacation. :)

Kathryn

It's not recommended for pregnant or nursing women, generally, but 5, 10, or 15 days of just juice (fresh made and not as much of the watered down juices at the store) is a great way to detox and to clear out all the junk that might be clogging up the mind and the body.

There are juice fasts that can be monitered by a physician for as long as 60 days for some people. I've only done as long as 10 days before.

I'm suggesting to the Dear Husband every now and then that doing a 10 day juice fast together might be a good idea when we're both on vacation. :)

LOL my husband is already jealous of me. He's working for the next ten days so it's harder for him to do something like this, and he's scared I'm going to lose more weight than him and be cuter than he is.

He told me this morning, "Frankly I don't think you can do it." Which of course assures that I CAN and WILL do it.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
LOL my husband is already jealous of me. He's working for the next ten days so it's harder for him to do something like this, and he's scared I'm going to lose more weight than him and be cuter than he is.

He told me this morning, "Frankly I don't think you can do it." Which of course assures that I CAN and WILL do it.

*sniff sniff*

Oooooohhhhh, I smell a CHALLENGE!! :highfive:

Dezzie

I love Spinach and Artichoke Dip.... :drool:
I could eat so much of this in one sitting, there would be a problem!

hot-spinach-artichoke-dip.jpg

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Cereal is my addiction. I have to monitor myself sometimes to prevent all my meals from being breakfast.

The juice fast sounds interesting.

Kathryn

Cereal is my addiction. I have to monitor myself sometimes to prevent all my meals from being breakfast.

The juice fast sounds interesting.

I am on Day Seven of the juice fast and I feel FABULOUS. It's like all my senses are in high gear. I'm sleeping like a baby. Plenty of energy, and no cravings whatsoever.

I'm also completely off caffeine thanks to this regimen. For pete's sake, with this much natural energy I certainly don't need caffeine. Nice to break that habit.

Watch the movie, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" or google that topic and if you're interested in giving it a try, and want some support, let me know!

mycorrhiza

Probably potato chips. There's this certain kind of dill & chives flavored ones with extra MSG, salt and spices that is just fantastic. Extra unhealthy and extra tasty.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I am on Day Seven of the juice fast and I feel FABULOUS. It's like all my senses are in high gear. I'm sleeping like a baby. Plenty of energy, and no cravings whatsoever.

I'm also completely off caffeine thanks to this regimen. For pete's sake, with this much natural energy I certainly don't need caffeine. Nice to break that habit.

Watch the movie, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" or google that topic and if you're interested in giving it a try, and want some support, let me know!

I saw that documentary too about a year ago. The transformations were amazing!