• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wiccan only: Four elements

Do you incorporate ideas about the four elements into your faith?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not on my mind much / other

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I said not much.:cool:

First, while I recognize the Five elements (Earth, Air, Fire, Water, and Spirit), I see them more as states of matter (that is, solid, gas, plasma, liquid, with the addition of a not clearly defined spirit element). EAFW relate to the experience of living this life, and are not necessarily fundamental to the existence of the cosmos, but in that way find a place in my beliefs and practice.

Similarly, the Six Directions--North, East, South, West, Sky/Up and Earth/Down have a place, centering my practice within the cosmos, but in relation to my experience of the cosmos...it's just a recognition of the three-dimensional nature of the world we experience.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
Yes. I personally believe that the elements are what make up this planet, and the universe, really. I call on them when I cast a magical circle. I honor them through offerings.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
Question and poll for Wiccans:

Do you incorporate ideas about the four elements into your faith and practice?

Wicca incorporates the five Classical elements of Earth, Air, Fire, Water, and Aether/Spirit. A common example would be circle casting to create sacred space.