• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why you should stop calling Jesus YHWH

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
@Disciple of Jesus

You either not reading my posts or skipping them.

Where in the bible does it say the creator, savior, and spirit are one and the same?

Trinitarians do not seperate creator and savior because they view the image of, like a mirror, the same as the source

Non trinitaries divide the source and image because, by strict definition, they are not the same.

Both views place high importance on a savior
Both views do not misinterpret and image for its source

What is wrong with the word trinity?

From the bible, its there plain as day.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I use triune. I don't dislike that word, however it is often mistaken to mean that Jesus, isn't God/ wrong interpretation.

So, I don't agree, with the incorrect interpretations.

Thats what people express it. The interpetations of what people say is not always the same as the triune spoke in the bible. For some reason non-trinitians are hung up over the word. Yet, god isnt defined by nature in scripture (nature meaning what the person is at its core) just its role (creator), attributes (love and justice), and his relationship to his son as father.

Yet, christians know he is divine but then cant describe the divinity of his essense. "Its beyond us" its "greater" and its only seen by faith does not cut it.

Not everything a person experiences need be written for it to be true.

Trinity or triune, whichever, is the same way.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Your premise is false.

Jesus doesn't mean "Lord"...it means “Jehovah Is Salvation”. The title "Lord" is given to many others, who are not divine. Nameless "Lords" are worshipped even in pagan religions.

The premise has to do with language, not trinity concept. Trinity concept can be different, and the premise still is the same.

That is what happens, when you argue out of context, ie, the context actually is the Bible, not another version, or your version, etc.

Segev Moran

Jesus doesn't mean "Lord"...it means “Jehovah Is Salvation”.
Why? How is the name Jesus related to "Jehovah Is Salvation"?
YHWH according to the Hebrew means...."I Will Be What I Will Be"
Not true.
It mean I Am what/that I Am, and also "Being", and also "Presence" and also "Entity" and several more meanings.
How is that not a simple and direct statement?
Agreed.
What is difficult about it is that it fights with your own theology which is taught by Christendom....an apostate, fake Christianity that Jesus warned about. Christendom is the mirror image of apostate Judaism. I believe that both allowed the "traditions of men" to lead them away from God and into adopting the teachings of false worship. :(
Most Christians i have met and talked with, believe not that Jesus is God (or a god), rather a Physical form that was a part of God or something of the same nature.
It ranges between a Messiah (which i assume is similar to the Hebraic definition of messiah) and an entity that was created by god itself (or one of his angels).

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
The premise has to do with language, not trinity concept.

We communicate with language, so we better understand it. The concept of the trinity is not found in the Bible. "God the Father" is one God. There is no "God the Son" or "God the Holy Spirit". Please find them for me in scripture.

Trinity concept can be different, and the premise still is the same.

That is what happens, when you argue out of context, ie, the context actually is the Bible, not another version, or your version, etc.

Funny, but I believe that you are worshipping a concept dreamed up by the devil to get people to break the First Commandment. Christendom has put the son in place of the Father as God. It will not end well, but you are free to believe it.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Why? How is the name Jesus related to "Jehovah Is Salvation"?

Like most "J" ("Y" in Hebrew) Jesus or Yeshua carries the divine name in its meaning.

Not true.
It mean I Am what/that I Am, and also "Being", and also "Presence" and also "Entity" and several more meanings.

According to the Tanach, the meaning of God's name Is not "I AM" but Exodus 3:14 reads...."God said to Moses, "Ehyeh asher ehyeh (I will be what I will be)," and He said, "So shall you say to the children of Israel, 'Ehyeh (I will be) has sent me to you.'"

"I Will Be" has a much broader meaning than "I AM". God does not have to state his existence to his own people, but telling them what he intends to "Be" for them is most informative.

Mistranslating this expression also sent Christendom down a rabbit hole by implying that Jesus called himself "I AM" in John 8:58. He was not calling himself God by any stretch of anyone's imagination. Jesus used the expression "I am" many times without ever implying that he was God. He identified his Father as "the only true God" excluding himself. (John 17:3)

Most Christians i have met and talked with, believe not that Jesus is God (or a god), rather a Physical form that was a part of God or something of the same nature.
It ranges between a Messiah (which i assume is similar to the Hebraic definition of messiah) and an entity that was created by god itself (or one of his angels).

Rather than go by what some "Christians" believe (in literally thousands of sects and denominations), it is always beneficial to go to the Bible. It is one story from Genesis to Revelation. What we lost in Eden is returned to us in the "new earth" under Messiah's Kingdom.....something God's prophets foresaw in ancient times. Isaiah's prophesies are particularly heartwarming. (Isaiah 11:1-9; Isaiah 65:17-25)

Christians should be worshipping the same God as Abraham, Isaac and Jacob did....but he has become some kind of mysterious, three different 'bits of God', all squeezed into one head...its bizarre IMO.

It is therefore also confusing, to call the Father, YHWH, because in the Christian Bible, this relates to Jesus.

Jesus : Lord
YHWH: Lord
Hence , the context, theologically, already has to be understood, for this usage, whether it parallels the Hebraic, or not.
i think YHWH refers to the Fullness of GOD.. The Almighty LORD.

Segev Moran

Like most "J" ("Y" in Hebrew) Jesus or Yeshua carries the divine name in its meaning..
Still can't understand the connection to salvation?
The letter "Yod" represents a godly element, not salvation.
According to the Tanach, the meaning of God's name Is not "I AM" but Exodus 3:14 reads...."God said to Moses, "Ehyeh asher ehyeh (I will be what I will be)," and He said, "So shall you say to the children of Israel, 'Ehyeh (I will be) has sent me to you.'"

In Hebrew, "אהיה" is not only future but can also be interpreted as "I Am".
Assuming God is timeless, there is no future or past, rather only presence.
"I Will Be" has a much broader meaning than "I AM". God does not have to state his existence to his own people, but telling them what he intends to "Be" for them is most informative.
I Understand your point, but it is only partial.
Mistranslating this expression also sent Christendom down a rabbit hole by implying that Jesus called himself "I AM" in John 8:58. He was not calling himself God by any stretch of anyone's imagination. Jesus used the expression "I am" many times without ever implying that he was God. He identified his Father as "the only true God" excluding himself. (John 17:3)
There are many people saying "I am" :) it is quite absurd to assume they all meant "I am" in a "godly" manner :)

Rather than go by what some "Christians" believe (in literally thousands of sects and denominations), it is always beneficial to go to the Bible. It is one story from Genesis to Revelation. What we lost in Eden is returned to us in the "new earth" under Messiah's Kingdom.....something God's prophets foresaw in ancient times. Isaiah's prophesies are particularly heartwarming. (Isaiah 11:1-9; Isaiah 65:17-25)

Christians should be worshipping the same God as Abraham, Isaac and Jacob did....but he has become some kind of mysterious, three different 'bits of God', all squeezed into one head...its bizarre IMO.
No one should worship no one or nothing.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Still can't understand the connection to salvation?
The letter "Yod" represents a godly element, not salvation.

According to Strongs, Jesus' name in Hebrew is Joshua or Jehoshua = "Jehovah is salvation"

Genesis 1:1 (NASB)

In Hebrew, "אהיה" is not only future but can also be interpreted as "I Am".
Assuming God is timeless, there is no future or past, rather only presence.

God's name was not a statement of his being, because Israel already knew that he existed. But as an statement of his intentions, it means a great deal more. God does not preempt the actions of his human creation. He "re"acts to what they do, like he did in Eden. He 'became' something other than a Creator when humans fell to independent thinking. He became their lawgiver, judge and deliverer.
He allowed humans much freedom to prove to themselves that doing things their way will never work out for the best.

There are many people saying "I am" :) it is quite absurd to assume they all meant "I am" in a "godly" manner :)

Not quite sure I understand what you mean here? "I AM" is not a name for the God of Jesus. Jesus never said "I AM GOD"...not once. But he said "I am the bread of life"...."I am the son of God"....."I am the way the truth and the life".....so yes, it is a common expression.

No one should worship no one or nothing.

Can't argue with that....