• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Would Noah's Flood Have Been the Best Way for God to Cleanse the Earth?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
......If God's creations were "perfect" - they never would have partaken of the Fruit and entered into mortality.

Perfect does Not have to mean being a robot, being an automaton.
Just as a wedding ring might Not be perfect in one sense, it sure is perfect for use in a marriage ceremony.
Adam and Eve were created perfect for life on Earth, everlasting life on Earth.
They would have perfect health as long as they did Not choose to eat from the forbidden tree.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If you were on trial in a court of law wouldn't you want your name cleared of any charges ______
Satan tried to sully God's name, His way of governing.
Satan charges all of us in that we won't serve God under adverse conditions - Job 2:4-5.
Touch our ' flesh....' (loose physical health) and under adverse conditions we would Not serve or be faithful to God.
This issue will be settled because like Job and Jesus under adverse conditions we too can prove Satan is a Liar.
I must not be all that familiar with the Job story. Where did Satan try to sully God's name in that. And do you seriously think that justifies God's evil actions in Job?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Just as a wedding ring might Not be perfect in one sense, it sure is perfect for use in a marriage ceremony.
They would have perfect health as long as they did Not choose to eat from the forbidden tree.
Where does the Genesis myth even imply that? And if that was the case what was the point of the tree of life?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Also, I wanted to mention that one of the problems with the book of Job is that believers are willing to go through anything that their religious denomination tells them to go through, regardless of the danger that it poses to them mentally, physically, or emotionally, or to their children or family. :(
I notice you say ' their religious denomination ' rather it is what Jesus instructed as found in the Bible - Matthew 24:14
For example: Jesus instructed to tell the world about God's kingdom (thy kingdom come - Daniel 2:44; Daniel 7:13-14)
If secular sources forbids or bans that scriptural work, Christians choose Jesus' side and listen and obey Jesus :)

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
According to the Bible I find Adam and Eve were created healthy with the opportunity to live forever on Earth.
That's a story in an old book. I don't know that Adam and Eve even existed in the first place.

Many today Not in good health. Some so ill they take their own life. Many have died in war or by violence.
How do those people make it count when there is No cure for them ___________
The same way everybody else does their best to make it count in the one life we know we get for sure. And the rest of us can do what we can in this life to make it the best it can be for as many people as possible. Knowing it ends at some point, as everybody's life will, makes this life that much more precious and worth living every moment.

Unlike man's short life span, the Resurrection Hope for some to go to Heaven, whereas the majority are offered everlasting life on Earth. A coming perfectly healthy Earth because there will be ' healing ' for earth's nations.
'Healing' as described at Revelation 22:2; Isaiah 33:24; Isaiah 35th chapter.
Great. How do we test whether or not it's true and not just an assertion? Do you have anything to offer that isn't just preaching?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
God is perfect - of this there is no doubt - and "His ways" are not "His creations".
I doubt it. Just based on the way everything plays out in the Bible. A perfect God wouldn't mess up so many times.

The idea that all of God's creations were perfect would negate the concept of free will - thus making the Fall an impossibility.
Wouldn't that be a good thing?

If God's creations were "perfect" - they never would have partaken of the Fruit and entered into mortality.
Um again, wouldn't that be a good thing?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Is it so much about having doubts or about showing that God is Not some sort of Bully.
God does Not bully anyone into worshipping Him.
Many have lived and died without hearing about Jesus, so in the Resurrection they will have that opportunity.
Anyone ( religious or not ) can be a good Samaritan, but only followers of Jesus proclaim the good news of God's kingdom as Jesus instructed to do at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8.
We fret not, because we don't know who Jesus will judge as a righteous 'sheep' or a haughty 'goat'- Matthew 25:31-33
God is Not worried and He does Not want us to worry because as Revelation 11:18 B says it is God who will bring to ruin those ruining the Earth ( literal and moral ruin )
Yes, 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3 is very interesting and informative.
No? Believe and do what I say or go to Hell? That's not bully behaviour? Sounds like a mob boss to me.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
If you were on trial in a court of law wouldn't you want your name cleared of any charges ______
Satan tried to sully God's name, His way of governing.
Satan charges all of us in that we won't serve God under adverse conditions - Job 2:4-5.
Touch our ' flesh....' (loose physical health) and under adverse conditions we would Not serve or be faithful to God.
This issue will be settled because like Job and Jesus under adverse conditions we too can prove Satan is a Liar.
God sullied his own name by accepting Satan's challenge, if you ask me. He should have just told him to get lost. But he didn't.

Fallen Prophet

No - perfect means perfect - there is no "semi-perfect". It is the most exclusive of clubs.

God is perfect and He had a Knowledge of Good and Evil.

Therefore - Adam and Eve were no perfect - because they lacked that knowledge.

In order for anyone to be "perfect" - they would need to be as God is.

David Davidovich

Thanks for mentioning that. It must hurt God to bring his creation to an end when He must.

I had to come back to this and say that YoursTrue seems like a really nice and sweet and compassionate person, and sometimes people have the tendecy to project their own personality traits onto others, because if one is veiwing the Bible as the words, thoughts and feelings of God, then scripture shows that God is hardly hurt that he has to bring an end to his creation. But if anything, he sounds joyous and a bit blood according to: Bible Gateway passage: Revelation 19:11-18 - New International Version

The Heavenly Warrior Defeats the Beast

11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

king of kings and lord of lords.

17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, “Come, gather together for the great supper of God, 18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and the mighty, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, great and small.”

David Davidovich

Answer me this: some scientists or intellectuals warn about the destruction of the world, things like the sun burning out, pollution ruining the earth, mass death in war, disease, etc. I wonder why be concerned if one is an atheist? If the ultimate goal of human life is to die, why even wonder about what happens to the earth and the population after a person dies?

I had to come back to this post too in order to give you another reply to your questions.

But to answer your questions, I need to ask you some questions:

Why do people who don't have your religious viewpoint get up and go to the work in the morning?

Same thing as to why do these people care about raising children and/or sending them to school to learn?

Additionally, why do these same people go to the doctor or the dentist?

Plus, why do people like these have friends and socialize and have getogathers and have fun and enjoy other aspects of life?

Because I'm sorry, but the questions that you asked and your point of view sound irrational when one takes a close look at them. o_O

David Davidovich

David Davidovich said:
Also, I wanted to mention that one of the problems with the book of Job is that believers are willing to go through anything that their religious denomination tells them to go through, regardless of the danger that it poses to them mentally, physically, or emotionally, or to their children or family. :(

I'm certainly not sure about that.

Well, I can only guess that you haven't gone through a lot (yet?) with your denomination.

David Davidovich

David Davidovich said:

I notice you say ' their religious denomination ' rather it is what Jesus instructed as found in the Bible - Matthew 24:14
For example: Jesus instructed to tell the world about God's kingdom (thy kingdom come - Daniel 2:44; Daniel 7:13-14)
If secular sources forbids or bans that scriptural work, Christians choose Jesus' side and listen and obey Jesus :)

I prefer to say religious denomination because there is an excessive amount of Bible interpretation for all the various Christian denominations, where one person could pull out a scripture and give their interpretation of it, and then another person could pull out the same scripture and give an entirely different interpretation.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
David Davidovich said:

I prefer to say religious denomination because there is an excessive amount of Bible interpretation for all the various Christian denominations, where one person could pull out a scripture and give their interpretation of it, and then another person could pull out the same scripture and give an entirely different interpretation.
Yeah, if you want to see a serious fight you should see how the insults fly at some Christian sites when two Christians disagree about the interpretation of a passage. Here they tend to keep the fights under control.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
David Davidovich said:

Yes, different denominations to pull out a Scripture.
Remember: we are forewarned about the apostasy at Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30.
For example: to me the Bible teaches Resurrection and Not rapture.
So, to me it is giving a closer look as to what is said in connection to setting, who is being addressed and why.
What did Jesus go through because of his beliefs? Beliefs based on his education of the old Hebrew Scriptures.
With Job, he did Not blame God for what bad was happening to him.
People today often say when someone dies that 'God took him'. They blame God.
In the Bible we find in connection to God as being Father. Father means life giver and Not life taker.
We die because we sin, and God as Life Giver (Father) arranged so that the dead can live again.
The three H's come into the picture:
H onest
H umble
H ungry
A person needs to hunger for spiritual food, be humble (meek), and honest in mind and heart.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I had to come back to this post too in order to give you another reply to your questions. But to answer your questions, I need to ask you some questions:
Why do people who don't have your religious viewpoint get up and go to the work in the morning?
Same thing as to why do these people care about raising children and/or sending them to school to learn?
Additionally, why do these same people go to the doctor or the dentist?
Plus, why do people like these have friends and socialize and have getogathers and have fun and enjoy other aspects of life? Because I'm sorry, but the questions that you asked and your point of view sound irrational when one takes a close look at them. o_O

I think the point was about science paints a bleak future picture.
Science and modern technology does not have the answers.
As school friend of mind said that people think they are immortal. Live on at death so no need to worry.
Go to work because need $$$$$
Kids to learn so to earn more $$$$$
Avoid toothaches is a good reason for going to the dentist.
Epicurean fun ( eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we die ) Physical often more important that spiritual things.
If the ^above^ is a person's focus they will Not do the spiritual work Jesus said to do at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8
They will Not tell others that Jesus is coming. Coming to undo all the damage done to humanity.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
No - perfect means perfect - there is no "semi-perfect". It is the most exclusive of clubs. God is perfect and He had a Knowledge of Good and Evil.
Therefore - Adam and Eve were no perfect - because they lacked that knowledge.
In order for anyone to be "perfect" - they would need to be as God is.

God shared His knowledge of Good and Evil at Genesis 2:17
The 'Evil' was: death.
Very simple to understand. You break the Law and you will die.
The 'Good' was you keep the Law and you will never die. You will live forever in perfect health on Earth.
Out of all the trees on Earth only one tree belonged to God.
The Tree of Life was for all to endlessly enjoy forever.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
David Davidovich said:
Well, I can only guess that you haven't gone through a lot (yet?) with your denomination.

Remember: the Jews could Not leave the camps but the Christians could.
ALL the Christian had to do was renounce his beliefs and side with Hitler.
Look at what the present-day Christians are going though in Russia and Ukraine.
- see www.jw.org

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
No? Believe and do what I say or go to Hell? That's not bully behaviour? Sounds like a mob boss to me.
Can anyone think of anyone righteous as going to hell _____________
On the day righteous Jesus died he went to hell - Acts of the Apostles 2:27
Not to some non-biblical religious hell myth teaching, but to biblical hell: the temporary grave for the sleeping dead.
The sinner dies and goes to the grave for the sleeping dead - Psalms 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; John 11:11-14; Ecclesiastes 9:5
So, Jesus did Not go to some religious-myth flames but to unconscious sleep til God resurrected dead Jesus.
False clergy use hell fire as a tool to try to control the Flock of God.
King James version translated the word Gehenna into English as hell fire.
Gehenna was a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where thing were destroyed.
The Bible does teach that the wicked will be destroyed forever - Psalms 92:7; Psalms 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22.
ALL are forewarned whereas a bully does Not regulate matters for the sake of righteous upright people.
If the wicked are not to be destroyed then no one righteous would be left alive.
Jesus comes for the sake of the righteous ones - Matthew 25:31-33