• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why would God need so many diffirent messagers?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
orichalcum said:
Surely God could of said everything it had to say at once?:help:
Well, even with all his messengers, there are plenty who didn't get the message....:D

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
My belief is that he has spoken to people at different times in the way those people could understand.
Just as you have to explain things differently to people of differing cultures.Even when trying to get the same message across.

Terry

DeepShadow

White Crow
While overarching principles never change, I believe some of the word God gives us is more applicable at that time the particular prophet is speaking. Prophets speak specific advice along with the unchanging gospel.

Even in the category of unchanging gospel, however, there is a need to spread the prophets throughout history. Each time, the prophet speaks to those around him, and things that were old seem new again with a new voice.

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
The tower of Bable. I could not give a message to anyone down south in parts of Miami. I would be an outsider in my own country. No one would understand my gibberish. And if it is near impossible to hold a normal conversation between two languages, how is one going to explain such things as spirituality which is not of this world, or like anything we have seen before?

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I didn't know God's name was Shirley... :D

That being said, I am sure that God could have used just one messenger.

But he didn't.

I'm "OK" with that. :D

andyjamal

servant
It is not God who needed many messengers, it is mankind. We could not handle all that God has to say at once. We wouldn't teach advanced college level courses to first-graders; they must advance through grades and learn from new teachers at each level of advancement. So it is with mankind.:)