• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Would Christians Worship a God Who Clearly Wouldn't Lift A Finger For Them?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
What if she awakes on the next world and realizes the answer to her prayer was that everyone on this world dies? That this world cant be our permanent home, that we were never supposed to live on indefinitely on this world because there is much more after this first stop?

Everyone in this world doesn’t die at 21, so the answer you’re offering to her prayer amounts to nothing more than doublespeak.

If this is the type of answer your God would offer, He’d make a great politician.

Colt

Everyone in this world doesn’t die at 21, so the answer you’re offering to her prayer amounts to nothing more than doublespeak.

If this is the type of answer your God would offer, He’d make a great politician.
I can only imagine how sorrowful losing a child is. I hope that's not something I ever have to experience. But 21 is nothing compared to eternal life. Even 121. I'm certain your daughter will awake on the Mansion worlds and resume where she left off in this life. You will have the opportunity to see her again when you awake in the resurrection as well.

The Father has contingencies for any imaginable circumstances in our friendly and carefully managed universe. .

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I can only imagine how sorrowful losing a child is. I hope that's not something I ever have to experience. But 21 is nothing compared to eternal life. Even 121. I'm certain your daughter will awake on the Mansion worlds and resume where she left off in this life. You will have the opportunity to see her again when you awake in the resurrection as well.

The Father has contingencies for any imaginable circumstances in our friendly and carefully managed universe. .

I wasn't fishing for sympathy or answers about her current state of existence, but your words are kind, I respect your intent in this. Thank you.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

I believe that the spiritual world is far better than anything we could ever experience in this material world. Most of my life has been very painful and continues to be, but I always try to keep the following passage in mind.

“O My servants! Sorrow not if, in these days and on this earthly plane, things contrary to your wishes have been ordained and manifested by God, for days of blissful joy, of heavenly delight, are assuredly in store for you. Worlds, holy and spiritually glorious, will be unveiled to your eyes. You are destined by Him, in this world and hereafter, to partake of their benefits, to share in their joys, and to obtain a portion of their sustaining grace. To each and every one of them you will, no doubt, attain.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 329

Last edited:

SeekingAllTruth

A question that arise after reading your OP is, Even 70% of americans say they are Christian, do they actually practice the teaching ? If they do not practice every day, why would God see them as his children?

Then one can look at the past of the people who suffer, have they tried becomming a better person? Or do they continue their sin? If they keep doing the same over and over again, how would they not suffer? Only by becomming better, and stop doing wrong, according to the bible will they end their suffering, or is it not so?

Yes, I suppose it's possible that the 245,000 Christians victims of COVID and their entire families maybe weren't really practicing Christians, or had sin in their lives, or didn't pray with enough faith, or didn't tithe, or any one of a number of other reasons for God to not answer their prayers. Still, 245,000 Christians dead and every single one of them had something blocking God answering their prayers???????????
1j2kh57pkm9sl.png

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Yes, I suppose it's possible that the 245,000 Christians who died after praying maybe weren't really practicing Christians, or had sin in their lives, or didn't pray with enough faith, or didn't tithe, or any one of a number of other reasons for God to not answer their prayers. Still, 245,000 Christians dead and every single one of them had something blocking God answering their prayers???????????
I can not speak for God, only from my own understanding of the teachings i have studied i dont answer anyone else

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
What bewilders me to no end is why people pray to God when He clearly is not going to answer their prayers. I mean WHY?????

Your claim only proves that you do not experience God's existence

Or can you provide proof for your above claim?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
What bewilders me to no end is why people pray to God when He clearly is not going to answer their prayers. I mean WHY?????
My view:
I was given the gift of life (already 56 years). I took it for granted, but I slowly become more aware and more grateful
I try to take responsibility for my life, and let God take care of the things beyond my control (e.g. digestion)
I don't blame God for troubles in this moment, but I did tell God "1 more blow and I end my life"

That said, I think it's better to blame God than to blame other people for problems:D
God, being Omnipotent can handle our "blame-game" better than humans can
So, in this way, there is least harm done; 1 step closer to (World) Peace

SeekingAllTruth

Could a God who answers 'No' or 'Wait' still be Creator-Father?
He says, "NO!" to 245,000 Christian COVID victims and their families when they prayed for weeks without ceasing????? He says "Wait!" to Christian starving children? I don't think this kind of a God makes a very good Father. Are you a father? If your child said, "Daddy, I'm so hungry" would you really say to him, "I know it's tough, son but you're just going to have to wait until I determine when is the best time to give you food."
1j2kh57pkm9sl.png

SeekingAllTruth

God always answers prayer, often the answer to our misguided, selfish desires is NO! Mankind is supposed to be working out the solutions to our problems on this planet not petitioning God like Santa Clause.

Then why did Jesus promise in all four gospels,

"If you ask the Father for ANYTHING in my name He will give it to you."

SeekingAllTruth

I don't believe that's how prayers work. Think about if you lost a loved one and you place flowers on their grave. Maybe you sit down in your grief and talk to your loved as "if" she or he was still here. You "know" that you won't see firecrackers and spoons floating. No one walks on water and no one is raised from the dead. Yet, you are comforted to let the soul of your loved one to know you are still thinking of them. Maybe you want to wish they are doing well or even, like they did living, watch over you.

These gestures of thanks and communication are prayer. You say your goodbyes for now and your day feels lighter. Was it god? Your deceased loved one? Doesn't matter. Who or what you attribute the prayer is irrelevant in itself. Buddhist pray. So do pagans. And so forth.

Maybe instead of praying that children are cured (that's like asking to walk on water) keep them in mind and ask that they experience healing and strength. You don't have to be religious to pray (keep one in mind, communicate, and be grateful.)

Answered prayers are spoken through signs such as syncronicites that are meaningful to the person praying. It's not a magic wand and in my opinion god, from what I gather, is not a magician.

Change your perspective.

I think it's time to acknowledge that the church leaders sold Christians a bill of goods. Nobody trying to convert a non-Christian to Christ says, "Now understand God isn't a tooth fairy. You can't just ask him for a good job and a roof over your head and to heal you when you're sick. God isn't a vending machine. You're going to have to get this stuff by yourself. God helps those who help themselves." The person is likely to say, "Well, then why in hell do I need God." No, they always trot out, "If you ask the Father for anything in Jesus name he will give it to you. That's a promise in the Bible."

SeekingAllTruth

Think of it as something like the sorting hat from the Harry Potter series.

It is significant, not an oversight. and the answer is not clearly spelled out. Actually there are several approaches to answering. You can rethink God. You can rethink prayer. You can rethink your religion, your culture. In ancient times the answer to your question is left as a mystery for you to solve, because you will come up with your own answer. How you answer says something about you, because the answers are individual.

In the gospels Jesus upon the cross shouts "Why have you abandoned me?" to God. This refusal to answer prayer is part of his story, borrowing from the Jewish story. The Jewish story has people asking the same thing in their own way, many times. In that story the Israelites are enslaved for four centuries with no reply to their complaints. They pray and nobody helps them. Then suddenly four centuries later they are brought out of Egypt. Why?

Because the gospels were being written by numerous people at different times and they didn't have the benefit of having the other writings around them all the time to cross-check what they were saying. This is why the resurrection accounts conflict so badly they cannot be reconciled.

SeekingAllTruth

Cold comfort.

SeekingAllTruth

Your claim only proves that you do not experience God's existence

Or can you provide proof for your above claim?
Yes. 245,000 DEAD American Christians who prayed.

Colt

Then why did Jesus promise in all four gospels,

"If you ask the Father for ANYTHING in my name He will give it to you."
Obviously that’s not exactly what he said.

More like this.

146:2.10 9. “I have come forth from the Father; if, therefore, you are ever in doubt as to what you would ask of the Father, ask in my name, and I will present your petition in accordance with your real needs and desires and in accordance with my Father's will.” Guard against the great danger of becoming self-centered in your prayers. Avoid praying much for yourself; pray more for the spiritual progress of your brethren. Avoid materialistic praying; pray in the spirit and for the abundance of the gifts of the spirit.” UB 1955