• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Won't You be Voting for Mr. Trump this Fall?

esmith

Veteran Member
Why not vote for Trump this Nov?
He has a record in public office now.
It can be compared with Biden's.
Each is better on some issues, & worse on others.
The net effect, ie, good vs bad in a range of matters,
looks murky. Predicting likely effects in office, I don't
see a clear preference, so it's 3rd party time for me.
Good luck getting any sensible answers to that.

Kapalika

Premium Member
I see your point on many of your issues, but sometimes it's just a bigger fish to fry problem.

The Supreme Court just literally decided I have the right to work. It is the biggest fish in my life and I will fight tooth and nail. Literally this kind of decision, is the type of thing that has greatly personally impacted my life. Not just theoretically, it was something I felt very real trying to find a steady job for years in WV.

Trump's admin and many supporters were pretty upset about it too, but IDK what they expected when they appointed a hardcore textualist.

But, to me, as far as government bodies they should have no concern nor accommodation

That's easy for a cis person to say. You've not first hand experienced outright discrimination for your gender, whether it be being denied a job, or have otherwise faced physical violence or harassment for it. You've never had to fear for your life in certain situations simply by being a man.

The trans issue is complicated in situations like jails and other resources where mixed-genders are not safe. My position is those shouldn't be catered to at all, and biological sex should be the only concern.

In my other post I literally talked about trans people being raped when being in shelters not matching their identity imagine how much worse a PRISON is. Putting a trans woman in a men's prison is a good way for that person to get killed or raped. I've PERSONALLY known too many trans people raped in homeless shelters as it is!

it's just there is a physical fact,

Being transgender is a physical reality, "biological sex" is not binary anyways and there are people assigned female at birth that have xy chromosomes. You can't boil down sex to any one or two criteria since biology is much more complicated than that, and even if someone is assigned one sex at birth there are still biological reasons for people being transgender.

Me being a woman is very much a physical fact. I literally have had co-workers who were surprised to learn I was trans after knowing me for over half a year, including one in my own department. If that isn't a physical reality I don't know what is, since I literally have done zero voice training and never wear makeup. I've taken less than 2 years worth of hormones with 2 big pauses. If you put me in a men's prison I would most def have a raped or murdered (estrogen has a way of changing upper body strength). I even have periods like cis women (I just don't bleed) and there has been cis women I have lived with who's cycle started to sync up with mine. And yes, again this is a real thing. AMAB bodies taking Estradiol start to on their own produce 75% of the estrone that AFAB bodies can (only 25% of estrone is produced in ovaries), and the body can convert that to estradiol and vice versa creating the cycle that causes periods. So in terms of hormones and periods, I am like a cis woman who has had a hysterectomy.

My point with the last paragraph is, in nearly every physical way I am a woman, and so are other trans women. I look like a cis woman without trying, people think I'm a ciswoman. I have periods and the libido of a cis woman. I have the physical strength of a cis woman, the fat distribution of a woman. I wear a 38C sized bra. Hell I literally smell like a cis woman (a comment made by one of my girlfriends). So what if I was assigned male at birth? That isn't who I am now, even if we say that's who I was then. I am a woman, full stop.

So why not just put trans people in the facilities matching their gender? It's literally safer for everyone and talking about "physical reality" isn't really a good argument as trans women are physically women, trans men are physically men.

Trump isn't fascist at all though, and I disagree with that completely. He's practically a 1980's through 1990's Democrat on all positions.

Oh, sorry, I must of been confused when he has continuously attacked the media, talked about silencing them, and destroyed whistle blower protections and generally cozied up to fascists, is enamored by dictators and is supporting white supremacists running for office.

And even if that was true I never said that democrats aren't in some way fascist themselves, although it's more corporatism.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The Supreme Court just literally decided I have the right to work. It is the biggest fish in my life and I will fight tooth and nail. Literally this kind of decision, is the type of thing that has greatly personally impacted my life. Not just theoretically, it was something I felt very real trying to find a steady job for years in WV.

Trump's admin and many supporters were pretty upset about it too, but IDK what they expected when they appointed a hardcore textualist.

That's easy for a cis person to say. You've not first hand experienced outright discrimination for your gender, whether it be being denied a job, or have otherwise faced physical violence or harassment for it. You've never had to fear for your life in certain situations simply by being a man.

In my other post I literally talked about trans people being raped when being in shelters not matching their identity imagine how much worse a PRISON is. Putting a trans woman in a men's prison is a good way for that person to get killed or raped. I've PERSONALLY known too many trans people raped in homeless shelters as it is!

Being transgender is a physical reality, "biological sex" is not binary anyways and there are people assigned female at birth that have xy chromosomes. You can't boil down sex to any one or two criteria since biology is much more complicated than that, and even if someone is assigned one sex at birth there are still biological reasons for people being transgender.

Me being a woman is very much a physical fact. (selfie) I literally have had co-workers who were surprised to learn I was trans after knowing me for over half a year, including one in my own department. If that isn't a physical reality I don't know what is, since I literally have done zero voice training and never wear makeup. I've taken less than 2 years worth of hormones with 2 big pauses. If you put me in a men's prison I would most def have a raped or murdered (estrogen has a way of changing upper body strength). I even have periods like cis women (I just don't bleed) and there has been cis women I have lived with who's cycle started to sync up with mine. And yes, again this is a real thing. AMAB bodies taking Estradiol start to on their own produce 75% of the estrone that AFAB bodies can (only 25% of estrone is produced in ovaries), and the body can convert that to estradiol and vice versa creating the cycle that causes periods. So in terms of hormones and periods, I am like a cis woman who has had a hysterectomy.

My point with the last paragraph is, in nearly every physical way I am a woman, and so are other trans women. I look like a cis woman without trying, people think I'm a ciswoman. I have periods and the libido of a cis woman. I have the physical strength of a cis woman, the fat distribution of a woman. I wear a 38B/C sized bra. Hell I literally smell like a cis woman (a comment made by one of my girlfriends). So what if I was assigned male at birth? That isn't who I am now, even if we say that's who I was then. I am a woman, full stop.

So why not just put trans people in the facilities matching their gender? It's literally safer for everyone and talking about "physical reality" isn't really a good argument as trans women are physically women, trans men are physically men.

Oh, sorry, I must of been confused when he has continuously attacked the media, talked about silencing them, and destroyed whistle blower protections and generally cozied up to fascists, is enamored by dictators and is supporting white supremacists running for office.

And even if that was true I never said that democrats aren't in some way fascist themselves, although it's more corporatism.
On that near to last point, Obama administration was
the most anti-whistle blower of all Presidents.
But he was largely given a pass by his allies.
Ref....
Silencing Whistleblowers Obama-Style | HuffPost

Kapalika

Premium Member
On that near to last point, Obama administration was
the most anti-whistle blower of all Presidents.
But he was largely given a pass by his allies.
Ref....
Silencing Whistleblowers Obama-Style | HuffPost

That is true and I thought I mentioned it earlier but that must of been on another site. In some ways Trump has continued the curve of Obama's policies, mostly on that and immigration (although Trump did remove DACA, but kept on with the draconian border control stuff)

Mindmaster

Premium Member

I get it, but there are many administrations before Trump's and they weren't any more trans-friendly. Re: institutional access for trans, I just have the opinion that IF you or I decide to be a weirdo about something it's not the government's job to accommodate us -- it's expecting too much. The government should, in my view, be focused on what society needs by consensus -- it doesn't need to make a bunch of special rules for or against anyone. (I'm not anti-trans at all, I just don't expect the government to cater to those needs, just like I don't expect them to cater to my weird proclivities, lol.)

Kapalika

Premium Member
I get it, but there are many administrations before Trump's and they weren't any more trans-friendly. Re: institutional access for trans, I just have the opinion that IF you or I decide to be a weirdo about something it's not the government's job to accommodate us -- it's expecting too much. The government should, in my view, be focused on what society needs by consensus -- it doesn't need to make a bunch of special rules for or against anyone. (I'm not anti-trans at all, I just don't expect the government to cater to those needs, just like I don't expect them to cater to my weird proclivities, lol.)

Being trans isn't being a "weirdo". I'm a woman, full stop.