• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why wasn't Jesus married?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Did moses and Abraham come to get married?

Abraham had to have children because the Messiah was coming through his lineage.

Moses was the deliverer of Israel and lived to be 80 and wasn't called until 40.

Jesus lived to about 33 with a very specific purpose as noted when he was 12. To seek and to save that which was lost. Is there a reason that he was single that you have an issue with?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Why wasn't Jesus married?

It is incorrect to say that Jesus wasn't married. If, NT Bible doesn't mention, it doesn't mean that he was not married. Right, please?

Regards
[13:39]وَ لَقَدۡ اَرۡسَلۡنَا رُسُلًا مِّنۡ قَبۡلِکَ وَ جَعَلۡنَا لَہُمۡ اَزۡوَاجًا وَّ ذُرِّیَّۃً ؕ وَ مَا کَانَ لِرَسُوۡلٍ اَنۡ یَّاۡتِیَ بِاٰیَۃٍ اِلَّا بِاِذۡنِ اللّٰہِ ؕ لِکُلِّ اَجَلٍ کِتَابٌ ﴿۳۹﴾
And, indeed, We sent Messengers before thee, and We gave them wives and children. And it is not possible for a Messenger to bring a Sign save by the command of Allah. For every term there is a divine decree.
The Holy Quran - Chapter: 13: Ar-Ra`d

Wasp

Abraham had to have children because the Messiah was coming through his lineage.

Moses was the deliverer of Israel and lived to be 80 and wasn't called until 40.
And that's why he got a wife? Because he had more boring years to endure - what else could he do?
Jesus lived to about 33 with a very specific purpose as noted when he was 12. To seek and to save that which was lost. Is there a reason that he was single that you have an issue with?
No. The question is why you think he wasn't married and why it's important. If I'm not mistaken right here you are defending that view.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Jesus is originally from Ireland!

(1)he drank wine with his buddies at dinner
(2) He did not leave home until he was 30
(3) and he always thought his mother was a virgin!
There is a Celtic god named Jesus/Hesus Esus.
Academically they seem to be associating that with mainland celts, but that was in the Isles, too, as far as I know.

Ireland, that would need to be researched, its close enough

Last edited:

Bob Jones

Prove It!
There is a Celtic god named Jesus/Hesus Esus.
Academically they seem to be associating that with mainland celts, but that was in the Isles, too, as far as I know.

Ireland, that would need to be researched, its close enough

Boy everyone freaked out when I brought that up on the forum...
Hesus is one of the other 14 gods almost exactly like Jesus. A very common solar myth