• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Was This Ad Banned?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Right... because an ad for a purely recreational product like cigarettes and an ad advocating the use of cannabis for legitimate medical reasons are clearly equivalent.
I think all drug commercials should be banned and left to the trade magazines for Physicians and other professionals to read. What do people like you and me know about it anyways? There's a lot of complex chemistry involved that's over all of our heads and it's best left to the discretion of the professionals and experts.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I think all drug commercials should be banned and left to the trade magazines for Physicians and other professionals to read. What do people like you and me know about it anyways? There's a lot of complex chemistry involved that's over all of our heads and it's best left to the discretion of the professionals and experts.

You don't seem to understand that the medical system itself is totally corrupt from the top down. It is designed to keep everyone enslaved to their poisonous drugs....just like cigarettes and alcohol, they always need more customers because they keep killing off their old ones. o_O

These "professionals and experts" are either liars, (not wanting the truth to jeopardize the cash cow) or are totally hoodwinked by the system that furnishes their lifestyle.....their heads are firmly in the sand and they don't want to know the truth. They have practiced medicine this way all their lives.

Ignorance is only dispelled by knowledge......we need to gain that knowledge for ourselves....you can't trust the medical profession to look after your health, regardless of what they say.....if you do, you will not make it to a healthy old age.

QuestioningMind

Except that this wasn't a drug commercial. It was a political ad attempting to point out the absurdity if not downright cruelty of the federal government continuing to ban a substance that millions have found to be very successful in treating their serious ailments.

pearl

More ignorance, sorry. Cannabis has been shown to cure some diseases when doctors had given up, as well as treating the symptoms of others without horrendous side effects.

My position on the benefits of Cannabis is based on my experience of 30 years of caring for hospice patients. In not one case did the use of Cannabis change the final outcome.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
My position on the benefits of Cannabis is based on my experience of 30 years of caring for hospice patients. In not one case did the use of Cannabis change the final outcome.

So 30 years of caring for hospice patients when cannabis was only legalised fairly recently for a few states and countries, how did you not notice that it was at least beneficial in alleviating the suffering. When used in conjunction with chemo, it has proven to be very successful. It's not a cure all....but people should have the right to try it. No one is advocating "smoking" it as a recreational drug, though tobacco and alcohol are freely used for that purpose.

Cannabis oil or full extract cannabis resin, taken as medicine, has cured many cancers, but you have to find the right strain and the right dosage for individuals. YouTube is full of such stories. You won't find them on any medical websites, nor will you see research results published by big pharma....for obvious reasons.

When you see children racked by seizures, and orthodox medicine has not helped but in many cases made them worse.....and then cannabis oil is introduced and the seizures are eliminated altogether in a lot of cases....don't you have to wonder why it's still treated as a schedule 1 drug, when it was never, by legal definition, in that category in the first place. Treating cannabis as a dangerous drug when tobacco, alcohol and prescription drugs are proven killers, says it all IMO. There is not a single recorded death by overdose of cannabis....ever. It is not addictive and can be used to help addicts to get off addictive substances. Not like substituting methodone for heroin.

Wealth and power are seldom married to truth and justice. The public are waking up. The medical profession are looking like pimps for drug companies. Medicine is big business with billions of dollars at stake. This is the world we live in. We can't afford to be ignorant.

pearl

So 30 years of caring for hospice patients when cannabis was only legalised fairly recently for a few states and countries, how did you not notice that it was at least beneficial in alleviating the suffering.

Although not legal it was easily attainable, everyone knew a guy who knew a guy........
I never said it was not beneficial for alleviating the suffering caused by both the disease and the treatment of. And for these it raised the quality of life.

Treating cannabis as a dangerous drug when tobacco, alcohol and prescription drugs are proven killers, says it all IMO.

Cannabis is mind altering, just as alcohol and many prescription drugs. While it may put one in a happy happy place, moderation must be used.

Medicine is big business with billions of dollars at stake. This is the world we live in. We can't afford to be ignorant.

Realizing the drawbacks of Cannabis is not ignorance. but the realization that it ought not to be presented as some utopia.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Although not legal it was easily attainable, everyone knew a guy who knew a guy........
I never said it was not beneficial for alleviating the suffering caused by both the disease and the treatment of. And for these it raised the quality of life.

And shouldn't it be available even for that reason? Why don't people have the right to use what is essentially a safe and effective medicine? What are they afraid of? It's not addictive...has no side effects and can be of so much more benefit than harm....can pharma medicines claim that? Can alcohol or tobacco?

Cannabis is mind altering, just as alcohol and many prescription drugs. While it may put one in a happy happy place, moderation must be used.

Again this is ignorance talking. THC is the component in cannabis that is responsible for the "high". As you said, many of pharma's drugs are mind altering in many ways, not to mention the side effects and addiction.

No one is suggesting abuse for any drug. Used as medicine high CBD, low THC strains can help with pain and many other conditions. THC can have beneficial effects on many neurological conditions. If it was as freely available as a medicine, then many patients killed by pharma medicines might still be alive and well.

Realizing the drawbacks of Cannabis is not ignorance. but the realization that it ought not to be presented as some utopia.

It's certainly not a cure-all.....but there are NO real drawbacks with cannabis, compared with what is legal and freely available. Banning such a beneficial medicine, used effectively for thousands of years, (when others are clearly life threatening, and with horrendous side effects,) is based on nothing but greed and control. Supporting the orthodox approach when it has been shown to care more about its bottom line that in people's health and well being, is nothing short of brain-washing.

Don't you have to ask why there is such reluctance to use cannabis as medicine when it has proven itself so effective, especially for kids with epilepsy. All the stalling....decades of demonization....trying to synthesise the components of the plant so that they can patent the "medicine" and still make their exorbitant profits. The end product will be far from the God-given medicine it was meant to be....an artificial substitute like all the rest.

Are you part of the problem?.....could it be that this conspiracy to keep an effective treatment for so many health conditions, has been perpetuated by big pharma all this time, turning the noble practice of medicine into a crooked business designed to extract maximum profit with minimal results?

So many could have had their suffering alleviated all this time.....it's criminal IMO. It should never have been made illegal in the first place. No one was ever going to stop people using it recreationally, so why not medicinally? It has never killed anyone as a result of overdose.....compare that with the current epidemic of opioid addiction.

jfietsam

I'm just going to come out and say it, Christians are just mad, because their right to the tree of life was taken from them for thinking God won't really destroy the world they created. It says if you take from the prophesies of this book, He will take your right to the tree of life. It also says at the time of the end, it will be used for the healing of the nations... Just saying...

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The ad was likely banned because cannabis is still under federal prohibition, and this has limited research into the effects of this drug. Another factor is that the AMA still considers cannabis to be a "dangerous drug."

"Our AMA believes that (1) cannabis is a dangerous drug and as such is a public health 40 concern..."
https://assets.ama-assn.org/sub/meeting/documents/i16-resolution-907.pdf

That's odd. They are using already to help people with Epilepsy and other conditions. Here it is Medical Marijuana and Epilepsy

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Says a lot about the power behind the push to keep medicinal cannabis out of the public arena....and out of public awareness.

I can't find the source. Maybe it could be there isn't a medical source to the testimonies? It could be taken the wrong way without the warning and all of the other things that medical ads have. Probably to prevent inappropriate use (or influential use) of a drug that's not in its medical format.

Spit balling.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
You don't seem to understand that the medical system itself is totally corrupt from the top down. It is designed to keep everyone enslaved to their poisonous drugs....just like cigarettes and alcohol, they always need more customers because they keep killing off their old ones. o_O

These "professionals and experts" are either liars, (not wanting the truth to jeopardize the cash cow) or are totally hoodwinked by the system that furnishes their lifestyle.....their heads are firmly in the sand and they don't want to know the truth. They have practiced medicine this way all their lives.

Ignorance is only dispelled by knowledge......we need to gain that knowledge for ourselves....you can't trust the medical profession to look after your health, regardless of what they say.....if you do, you will not make it to a healthy old age.

Deejee, it's a catch 22. I was on a controlled substance for epilepsy that saved my life. Yet, if it's used the wrong way, it can damage the internal organs. (well, most my meds would eventually)

Kind of like the commercials that say "take this for asthma. Possible symptoms include shortness of breathe."

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I can't find the source. Maybe it could be there isn't a medical source to the testimonies? It could be taken the wrong way without the warning and all of the other things that medical ads have. Probably to prevent inappropriate use (or influential use) of a drug that's not in its medical format.

Big pharma wants the exclusive rights to this plant, now that the truth is out....a truth they kept hidden for 70 years! But they will not leave it as 'whole plant' medicine.....because they can't patent a plant....they have to extract a component and basically make it unrecognizable and then patent it so that they can make their usual exorbitant profits. Sad to say, this 'altered' medicine will not be as effective as the medicine someone would be able to make at home in their own kitchen....

Deeje, it's a catch 22. I was on a controlled substance for epilepsy that saved my life. Yet, if it's used the wrong way, it can damage the internal organs. (well, most my meds would eventually)

Kind of like the commercials that say "take this for asthma. Possible symptoms include shortness of breathe."

The side effects from most drugs are almost as dangerous as the conditions they are meant to "treat".
Cannabis has been shown to have no harmful side effects and a wide range of conditions that it can alleviate.
What are they afraid of?

If people are denied the right to try a medicine that is safe and effective because it might interfere with sales of dangerous chemical compounds artificially produced in a lab, and killing more people each year than all the illegal drugs combined, why is something that grows naturally in a garden, such a threat? Its not a threat to health...its a threat to their wealth. We can clearly see what is wrong with that picture!

Aren't we tired of the side-effects making us need other drugs to make them more tolerable? Its a sickening situation that makes you realize just how corrupt this world really is. Medicine used to be a noble profession....it isn't any more IMO.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Big pharma wants the exclusive rights to this plant, now that the truth is out....a truth they kept hidden for 70 years! But they will not leave it as 'whole plant' medicine.....because they can't patent a plant....they have to extract a component and basically make it unrecognizable and then patent it so that they can make their usual exorbitant profits. Sad to say, this 'altered' medicine will not be as effective as the medicine someone would be able to make at home in their own kitchen....

That's a catch 22. The "pill" version of Cannibus (Medical Marijuana and Epilepsy) seems to help people. The, I can also see why the plant made chemical can do harm as many drugs do. I mean, I took an controlled sustance for seizures. They helped my seizures 90% but I been on them for over ten years and they eventually damage the major organs. It took half a year to get off.

I don't know the original version of the medicine, but used in the wrong way, yeah, I can see what you mean. I wouldn't know how to fix the issue since so many pharma meds are used to treat (give or take the results).

The side effects from most drugs are almost as dangerous as the conditions they are meant to "treat".

Cannabis has been shown to have no harmful side effects and a wide range of conditions that it can alleviate.

What are they afraid of?

Here is some medical information on the drug Cannabis: Uses (Medical), Effects & Warnings - Drugs.com It's actually an extracted medicine taking oil/chemicals from the marajuana plant and condensing it to pill form.

You can't use the plant version because we don't know how much chemicals there are in the plant to decide how much a patient needs to help with an illness.

On the other hand, I see what you mean, but how do you fix it?

If people are denied the right to try a medicine that is safe and effective because it might interfere with sales of dangerous chemical compounds artificially produced in a lab, and killing more people each year than all the illegal drugs combined, why is something that grows naturally in a garden, such a threat? Its not a threat to health...its a threat to their wealth. We can clearly see what is wrong with that picture!

I honestly don't know why Marijuana (if that's what you're referring to) is illegal, probably because of the side affects the plant causes, who knows. Many natural plants have side affects hence why some of them are used.

I don't know if it meant to be a threat. It could be a historical thing. In Virginia (US), we can't use Cannibus yet, but in some other States we can. I don't know if other countries have issues with it like United States does. You're from Austria? Do they have a problem there?

Aren't we tired of the side-effects making us need other drugs to make them more tolerable? Its a sickening situation that makes you realize just how corrupt this world really is. Medicine used to be a noble profession....it isn't any more IMO.

Most definitely. Unfortunately, our body is used to it now. I see your point but don't know the resolution.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
That's a catch 22. The "pill" version of Cannibus (Medical Marijuana and Epilepsy) seems to help people. The, I can also see why the plant made chemical can do harm as many drugs do. I mean, I took an controlled sustance for seizures. They helped my seizures 90% but I been on them for over ten years and they eventually damage the major organs. It took half a year to get off.

I don't know the original version of the medicine, but used in the wrong way, yeah, I can see what you mean. I wouldn't know how to fix the issue since so many pharma meds are used to treat (give or take the results).

Pharma drugs are synthetic and manufactured as cheaply as possible. Their drugs are often extracts from a plant known for its benefits. The extract is synthesized and patented which gives them the right to charge whatever they want for their poison.....and does not work in the body as nature intended.

Pharma drugs are designed to treat symptoms, not to cure diseases. These treatments are designed to be ongoing so that you will remain a customer for the rest of your miserable life.

Here is some medical information on the drug Cannabis: Uses (Medical), Effects & Warnings - Drugs.com It's actually an extracted medicine taking oil/chemicals from the marajuana plant and condensing it to pill form.

Most medicinal cannabis is usually taken in liquid form in an oil base, usually MCT oil which is a refined coconut oil...and taken sublingually. (under the tongue) Medicinal cannabis produces no "high" if it is low in THC, but high in CBD. It can even be applied topically for pain management and has hundreds of other beneficial components. The high THC strains have been shown to help with cancer and neurological conditions. Israel is leading the world in cannabis research. It's easy to research.

If Cannabis had been used in medicine all these decades where it has been demonized, we would have seen a lot more cures and a lot less suffering. It does not fit the legal definition of a schedule 1 drug and never did. People are now coming to realize how despicable it was to keep it away from people who could have benefited from its healing powers. Imagine how many kids with epilepsy could have been saved, when the pharma drugs didn't work or made patients so dopey that they couldn't function. Cannabis does not do that.

You can't use the plant version because we don't know how much chemicals there are in the plant to decide how much a patient needs to help with an illness.

There is no excuse NOT to know how beneficial cannabis is when used medicinally. They have known all this time, but never did any published trials because they knew what would happen. It would put the majority of their drugs out of contention. Who would choose synthetic drugs with awful side effects if there was a safe and effective one that could be extracted from a plant that someone could grow in their own garden. I have seen people online in legal states using the leaves in their morning smoothie with wonderful health benefits.

Any substance can be dangerous if you overdose on it....even water. Used the way nature intended, this God-given medicine could have changed the world....but the medical profession became big business and greed then drove everything they did. So many doctors are brainwashed by the system that taught them so that dispensing drugs is all they know how to do. You tell the doctor your symptoms, he may or may not send you for expensive tests and then prescribe either drug therapy or surgery. Either way your money is what drives the procedure.

On the other hand, I see what you mean, but how do you fix it?

The system is not fixable. Humans made it and humans keep it going because they are enjoying the benefits of their wealth whilst their poor patients suffer. The system is designed not to care about people...it's only about making money.

I honestly don't know why Marijuana (if that's what you're referring to) is illegal, probably because of the side affects the plant causes, who knows. Many natural plants have side affects hence why some of them are used.

To get any substance registered as a schedule 1 drug......

"Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. Some examples of Schedule I drugs are: heroin, lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), marijuana (cannabis), 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (ecstasy), methaqualone, and peyote."

Cannabis has known medicinal properties and it is interesting that they say schedule 1 drugs have "no current accepted medical use"....isn't that sneaky? The reason why there is no current medical use is because they didn't want it to outdo their expensive drugs. Cannabis is also non-addictive. It has no more potential for abuse than alcohol or prescription drugs.

I don't know if it meant to be a threat. It could be a historical thing. In Virginia (US), we can't use Cannibus yet, but in some other States we can. I don't know if other countries have issues with it like United States does. You're from Austria? Do they have a problem there?

I am in Australia...the world's biggest island...you can't miss us. :D.....Austria is in Europe..a whole other continent and hemisphere. Cannabis is not legal here, except on prescription and only for big pharma's version....the doctors and patients have to jump through many hoops to even obtain that, but the pressure is mounting. It will take more doctors to speak out, but their livelihood is on the line. If they dare to recommend any treatment that is outside of the orthodox definition, they will lose their license to practice medicine. Some brave souls have bucked the system and are now practicing functional medicine or alternative therapies after seeing the results of good diet, herbal supplements and the right exercise. More people are opting to grow their own organic food rather than eat the deficient stuff you get from the supermarkets.

In America, they have what they call cannabis refugees....these are people who lived in states where cannabis is still illegal, but who are forced to move to states where they can get help for their family members. Especially is this true of young children with intractable epilepsy. That is a ridiculous situation!

Cannabis has been used as a medicine for thousands of years.
It is missing from our medicine cabinets, not because it was ineffective or dangerous, but because it was too good at treating so many conditions. How sad is that?

David T

Premium Member
I think the ad is misleading. Cannabis treats the symptoms not the disease. If one has a terminal illness, cannabis is not going to change the outcome, but it does allow one to endure with some comfort and dignity.
Like Psychotropics right? Although I am pretty sure most advertising by from.phrama is overstating what their bazillion dollar drugs do as well. Is this a monentary issue?

pearl

Like Psychotropics right? Although I am pretty sure most advertising by from.phrama is overstating what their bazillion dollar drugs do as well. Is this a monentary issue?

Isn't almost everything? Its big business now, with pot bakery's etc., plus the fees and taxes the local governments apply.

David T

Premium Member
Isn't almost everything? Its big business now, with pot bakery's etc., plus the fees and taxes the local governments apply.
That's the whole psychotic aspect to it. It's like a Go to work to make the money to go home buy stuff so I go to work to make more money to go home to buy stuff. and thus what ever happens in that reality is reality.

yea it's crazy, not saying buying is bad but it does become one giant CF.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
been awhile since I saw the report....but as I recall

Dupont had just invented nylon rope
in the same time frame that pot was just catching on in greater numbers
(due to the prohibition of alcohol)

so....the hemp rope had to go
it used to be the everyday item

Dupont lobbied to have hemp outlawed
and a smear campaign was launched

so alcohol was shuffled back in place

you must control four items to 'control' a substance