• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHy was I lied too?

Riders

I was going to go to the hospital yesterday the day before when they came out to check my wound. They said Id have to be exposed to Covid but I could get tested if I needed to at the hospital. They said all it is getting your nose swab and really real easy just takes a second to do.

It is easy? I just had a person respond under Presidents Valet thread in politics who said Trump was being tormented to death by getting the test done everyday and how terrorized and agonizing horrible it is for him. It's just like Jesus Christ!

What I was lied too? What the heck, does anyone have the real experience who has been tested and can tell us what it's like?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I was going to go to the hospital yesterday the day before when they came out to check my wound. They said Id have to be exposed to Covid but I could get tested if I needed to at the hospital. They said all it is getting your nose swab and really real easy just takes a second to do.

It is easy? I just had a person respond under Presidents Valet thread in politics who said Trump was being tormented to death by getting the test done everyday and how terrorized and agonizing horrible it is for him. It's just like Jesus Christ!

What I was lied too? What the heck, does anyone have the real experience who has been tested and can tell us what it's like?
They use a swab in your nose, and inside your mouth, does not hurt at all

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

At first when there were no tests the hospitals did what they could be limiting who could get service, and they checked your temperature before you could enter their lobbies.

Now there are some tests.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Daemon Sophic

A thin flexible plastic probe with a Q-tip at the end is inserted two or 3 inches straight back into your nose. How this feels to people varies from person to person.
My wife gags at the thought of it, but I have had it done in the past (not for Covid), and it felt.....unpleasant; like I was about to sneeze but couldn’t. No pain, at least for me. :shrug:

Here is a good vid of the procedure from the NEJM (New England Journal of Medicine). The patient shows mild disturbance at worst.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I heard it's like the Egyptian shoving a wire up your nose and reaching for your brain except in the case of the test, its the swab reaching for your brain.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

I know somebody who infected me with Covid. He was hospitalized, so he had gotten a Covid test done there. However, because I was asymptomatic of being Covid infected, I could not get a test confirming me as being Covid infected. My wife became pretty sick with Covid symptoms and we were strictly quarantined at home for two weeks by our doctor,; however, without us being hospitalized, even my sickly wife could not get a Covid test done. Unfortunately, there aren't enough Covid tests around in order for our P.O.T.U.S. to fulfill his promise of there being plenty of Covid testing available to anybody who wants a Covid test.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

Its slightly irritable and made me sneeze and cough and I felt uncomfortable for about 10 minutes after but no pain.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Its slightly irritable and made me sneeze and cough and I felt uncomfortable for about 10 minutes after but no pain.

Being SARS-Cov2 contaminated, didn't even make me feel sick. However, my C.O.V.I.D. infected wife had a persistent cough and trouble breathing over the course of nearly two weeks, she experienced severe headaches along with severe body aches and chills, this feverish C.O.V.I.D. stricken soul could hardly move. My plagued woman felt like having been run over by a truck. I tried my best to make the Mrs. feel less miserable. My freshly squeezed orange juice kept the plagued Mrs from getting severely dehydrated.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Being SARS-Cov2 contaminated, didn't even make me feel sick. However, my C.O.V.I.D. infected wife had a persistent cough and trouble breathing over the course of nearly two weeks, she experienced severe headaches along with severe body aches and chills, this feverish C.O.V.I.D. stricken soul could hardly move. My plagued woman felt like having been run over by a truck. I tried my best to make the Mrs. feel less miserable. My freshly squeezed orange juice kept the plagued Mrs from getting severely dehydrated.
So, very sorry to read about your wife, may she improve each day.
I am curious if she had a Flu Shot last year ___________

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Some peope may find this gross.

I have not had the test. Our location and circumstances have meant we have no need (yet). But i have had nasal polyps and need to swab my nose with salt water soaked cotton buds regularly. I have to bend the the stick slightly but i pass the bud almost the whole length into my nose. For me there is no pain, no discomfort just a feeing of slight pressure as the bud passed towards my throat.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
So, very sorry to read about your wife, may she improve each day.
I am curious if she had a Flu Shot last year ___________

Thank you for the kind wishes. Yes, we both had our flu shots last autumn. I have never been really sick from getting the flu, but I still get a flu shot in order to keep anybody around me from getting sick by the flu. My wife and I are planning to get a Covid anti-body test done when they become widely available. We'd like to donate Covid-19 anti-bodies if this could be helpful to anybody who would need them.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

Unfortunately both my wife and I both had Covid and tested positive in the hospital after we developed breathing issues. It is interesting how it effects people differently. My wife was constantly tired with a slight head ache and her first test was not positive at a medi-merge. She then start throwing up and I took her to the hospital where she tested positive and was put on oxygen and given some drugs, her stay was 12 days. I developed a fever, body aches and shakes, I ran with it for 4 days before my breathing became affected. I was tested positive in the hospital put on oxygen and put in a test pilot for remsdivir which work great for me. My stay was 11 days but I was good after 9 days but the trial required me to take the drug for 10 days which can only be administrated through IV.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A thin flexible plastic probe with a Q-tip at the end is inserted two or 3 inches straight back into your nose. How this feels to people varies from person to person.
My wife gags at the thought of it, but I have had it done in the past (not for Covid), and it felt.....unpleasant; like I was about to sneeze but couldn’t. No pain, at least for me. :shrug:

Here is a good vid of the procedure from the NEJM (New England Journal of Medicine). The patient shows mild disturbance at worst.
Yeah.....that would not go well for me.
I can't even cope with all the tests during an eye exam.
The mind says "do this"....the body says "No ******* way!".

Riders

Thank you for the kind wishes. Yes, we both had our flu shots last autumn. I have never been really sick from getting the flu, but I still get a flu shot in order to keep anybody around me from getting sick by the flu. My wife and I are planning to get a Covid anti-body test done when they become widely available. We'd like to donate Covid-19 anti-bodies if this could be helpful to anybody who would need them.

I hope you guys feels better.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Unfortunately both my wife and I both had Covid and tested positive in the hospital after we developed breathing issues. It is interesting how it effects people differently. My wife was constantly tired with a slight head ache and her first test was not positive at a medi-merge. She then start throwing up and I took her to the hospital where she tested positive and was put on oxygen and given some drugs, her stay was 12 days. I developed a fever, body aches and shakes, I ran with it for 4 days before my breathing became affected. I was tested positive in the hospital put on oxygen and put in a test pilot for remsdivir which work great for me. My stay was 11 days but I was good after 9 days but the trial required me to take the drug for 10 days which can only be administrated through IV.

I'm sorry you guys had to go through this horrible ordeal. I wish you a speedy recovery.