• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why use so many gimmicks?

Riders

Ive had 2 gimmicks being used on me constantly with the Nondenominationals to get me into church. 3 sorry. 1 is the 12 Step meetings that are Celebrate Recovery meetings at Nondenominational churches.

2 is that Ill make friends and buddys and be accepted into your group if I come. 3 that I can wear whatever I want and yall accept people who wear shorts and jeans and tshirts and tattooes body peircings, neither of which I have;

Also theres the biker churches claiming fakely to be Universal simply because bikers go there.

Then when I reject them because I have absolutely no interest in any of that they seem shocked. Actually I like wearing dresses and putting my hair up in the back and looking fancy. Ive got 12 step programs for my addictions and have no interest in biker churches. I mean whats with all the gimmicks why?They don't work on me.

David1967

Premium Member
Ive had 2 gimmicks being used on me constantly with the Nondenominationals to get me into church. 3 sorry. 1 is the 12 Step meetings that are Celebrate Recovery meetings at Nondenominational churches.

2 is that Ill make friends and buddys and be accepted into your group if I come. 3 that I can wear whatever I want and yall accept people who wear shorts and jeans and tshirts and tattooes body peircings, neither of which I have;

Also theres the biker churches claiming fakely to be Universal simply because bikers go there.

Then when I reject them because I have absolutely no interest in any of that they seem shocked. Actually I like wearing dresses and putting my hair up in the back and looking fancy. Ive got 12 step programs for my addictions and have no interest in biker churches. I mean whats with all the gimmicks why?They don't work on me.

Sadly a lot of the kind of churches you are describing are popping up everywhere. And often times they are more business than actual churches. You got Cowboy churches, biker churches, heck, I even know of a ju jitsu church (I'm serious). I don't know what advice I can offer you except to say that not all churches are like that. There really are people who get together for honest worship and fellowship .

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Riders.
I also have 12 step meetings for my alcohol addiction.
As you know the 12 step program of recovery is wonderful.
We accept all people that want to recover from addiction without reservation.
We don't judge anyone. (you know that)
My A.A. sponsor is openly gay. Some "he-men" shun him a bit.
I feel that is close minded and mean.
He is my friend and my significant other loves him.
So do I.
He's in recovery just like all of us that want recovery one day at a time.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Sadly a lot of the kind of churches you are describing are popping up everywhere. And often times they are more business than actual churches. You got Cowboy churches, biker churches, heck, I even know of a ju jitsu church (I'm serious). I don't know what advice I can offer you except to say that not all churches are like that. There really are people who get together for honest worship and fellowship .
I wonder if the "normal" churches were to stop being so uppity, stop looking down their nose, stop being so damn judgmental of not "normal" folks, if there would be a need for the "kind of churches" she is describing?

I think people feel more accepted and comfortable around people like them. It doesn't matter to mean as long as we are praising Jesus and worshiping our Lord!
Hey I LOVE Christian heavy metal!

I wonder if the "normal" churches were to stop being so uppity, stop looking down their nose, stop being so damn judgmental of not "normal" folks, if there would be a need for the "kind of churches" she is describing?

Yes there are churches like that and I just searched until I found one that I could find fellowship with.

Riders

The thing about those uppity snotty churches, its your imagination to some point.Ive been to the Catholic and Methodist churches, both of them are a little stand offish and abit cold but Id rather be in a church service that's quite respectful,usually I like being by myself and being alone with God. I actually really enjoy those types of services. Were not all going to church just to make friends. Some of those who claim to be so accepting and all aren't, I went and visited the church that claims to let people dress in jeans and tshirts ill write more later

Riders

They had women , the first time I came who get infront of me get close to my face tell me they wanted go be my friend and I had to go to their womens only sunday school class. They have it once a month at someones house and they have issues with men and women socializing they told me I thought they were protecting their men from me.

They wee legalistic naming yourself as out there with being being open about different kinds of people doesn't cut it for me, if you say that then your not strict and legalistic but they were.

They seemed to be insinuating they were universal with all the talk about how good they are with people and BTW the bible says your not suppose to brag about doing good deeds what were they doing trying to get their crown from me.

But yes they wanted to be my best friend over night its way too personal, they also wanted me to fill out a bunch personal info on my self. Sorry I prefer the standoffish churches anyday to that one.

Riders

Yes there are churches like that and I just searched until I found one that I could find fellowship with.

Why would you have to search to find a church that accepts people who wear jeans and tshirts and shorts tats and body peircings?

I belong to a UU church and go to meditation group both of which accept me in jeans and slacks.
All the churches out here in Mesquite the exception of churches who use dress codes like the Jehovahs Witnesses and Pentecostals;allow folks to dress like the like unless theyre half naked.

So I actually have no idea whatsoever your talking about .The churches out here aren't uppity theyre nice so why the heck do they bring all this stuff up? Why even tell people your more accepting then other churches of the way people look when its actually a lie to get people in?

I tell you what I think, I think its a scam to get folks into church. Its a lie its ridiculous, none of our churches except the way back freaky religious ones have dress codes anymore its silly.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Why would you have to search to find a church that accepts people who wear jeans and tshirts and shorts tats and body peircings?

I belong to a UU church and go to meditation group both of which accept me in jeans and slacks.
All the churches out here in Mesquite the exception of churches who use dress codes like the Jehovahs Witnesses and Pentecostals;allow folks to dress like the like unless theyre half naked.

So I actually have no idea whatsoever your talking about .The churches out here aren't uppity theyre nice so why the heck do they bring all this stuff up? Why even tell people your more accepting then other churches of the way people look when its actually a lie to get people in?

I tell you what I think, I think its a scam to get folks into church. Its a lie its ridiculous, none of our churches except the way back freaky religious ones have dress codes anymore its silly.
as great as that is, it is not representative of the whole of the country...

Riders

Well actually your wrong Grace Fellowship church is in Mesquite so when they compare themselves to other churches they are speaking of Mesquite.

And I'm sorry to have to notify you of this but yes Ive been to most of the churches in Mesquite and I can speak for them.

And hey man FYI how many Christians here go toa church where the women are required to wear dresses and long hair a uniform? Churches don't do that anymore its a lie don't tell me they do they don't that's stupid and ridiculous.

Actually Wiki says the churches of the 80s and 90s in general in the US got rid of those standards and actually I am an expert in that.

I was in a Pentecostal church that had the dress codes and they taught us as well that most of the churches of the community don't. That's why dress code churches only exist within certain strict old timey sects like the Penetcostals Fundamentalist Baptists Amish and the like.

The modern day church doesn't go by that that was left behind in the 60s and 70s.

Actually they lied a lot to me, they said there was a bunch of people there with tats and body peircings I didn't see any of that.

Then theyre quate dress code with Universalism, having a looser dress code doesn't have anything to do with beliefs and also doesn't make you anymore accepting .

That was a Fundamentalist hell fire and brimstone church, they stop pretending that theyre not.

But churches as a whole quit all that in the 80s its silly, I went to the United Methodist church 2 years ago and they were accepting and I wore slacks there. So how did that happen? They said other churches were not accepting it was a lie.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Well actually your wrong Grace Fellowship church is in Mesquite so when they compare themselves to other churches they are speaking of Mesquite.

And I'm sorry to have to notify you of this but yes Ive been to most of the churches in Mesquite and I can speak for them.

And hey man FYI how many Christians here go toa church where the women are required to wear dresses and long hair a uniform? Churches don't do that anymore its a lie don't tell me they do they don't that's stupid and ridiculous.

Actually Wiki says the churches of the 80s and 90s in general in the US got rid of those standards and actually I am an expert in that.

I was in a Pentecostal church that had the dress codes and they taught us as well that most of the churches of the community don't. That's why dress code churches only exist within certain strict old timey sects like the Penetcostals Fundamentalist Baptists Amish and the like.

The modern day church doesn't go by that that was left behind in the 60s and 70s.

Actually they lied a lot to me, they said there was a bunch of people there with tats and body peircings I didn't see any of that.

Then theyre quate dress code with Universalism, having a looser dress code doesn't have anything to do with beliefs and also doesn't make you anymore accepting .

That was a Fundamentalist hell fire and brimstone church, they stop pretending that theyre not.

But churches as a whole quit all that in the 80s its silly, I went to the United Methodist church 2 years ago and they were accepting and I wore slacks there. So how did that happen? They said other churches were not accepting it was a lie.
I understand.
You are basically saying that your personal experiences are the be all end all of every single church in the whole wide world and ain't no one gonna convince you otherwise.
that is fine.
Just so long as you know you are wrong.

Have a nice day.

Riders

I'm not wrong its silly to base my choice of going to a church based on their acceptance of dress code.

My UU church I go to is very accepting of me and has a nice ramp I can go up and nice soft chairs disabled people and big people cans it in the other church doesn't.

They had to go out of their way to drag pink chair out their to sit in and embarrass me with because theyve only got little metal chairs to sit in.

Apparently theyre not accepting of big people and disabled people or theyd have a better seating arrangement . But my UU church is way more accepting then yours will ever be.

We have GLBTs there, and your church doesn't, now if they really wanted to be actually accepting of people like they claim, then theyd welcome GLBTS but they don't and I think that says it all.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I'm not wrong its silly to base my choice of going to a church based on their acceptance of dress code.

My UU church I go to is very accepting of me and has a nice ramp I can go up and nice soft chairs disabled people and big people cans it in the other church doesn't.

They had to go out of their way to drag pink chair out their to sit in and embarrass me with because theyve only got little metal chairs to sit in.

Apparently theyre not accepting of big people and disabled people or theyd have a better seating arrangement . But my UU church is way more accepting then yours will ever be.

We have GLBTs there, and your church doesn't, now if they really wanted to be actually accepting of people like they claim, then theyd welcome GLBTS but they don't and I think that says it all.
I suspect you have me confused with another member..

Riders

I apologize for that, I havnt been to your church so I don't know anything about your church.

I was writing too fast so it came out wrong . What I meant to say is My UU church is more accepting then the non denominational church I went to. I went to both churches that's all I'm comparing is the ones I went to. So I wanted to get that straight.