• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Trump Supporters Believe He Is Not Corrupt

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh so it's ok for Trump to engage in name calling, boorish behavior, exhibit personal flaws etc but it's not OK to point out what he really is and how he really acts.
Of course it's wrong for Trump to behave badly.
But it's also wrong for his detractors to ape him.
Surely, you agree, eh?
So when I point out criticism which is empty & deflecting,
it shouldn't be justified by saying "But he started it!".
So it's OK if children die due to bureaucratic misdeeds. Classic.
How do you reach the conclusion that it's OK?
The real issue is whether it's something manipulative used for
the purpose of demonization & deflection from real discussion
of immigration policies.
An yes, Hillary derangement syndrome in full flower. Powerful accomplished women are so threatening, aren't they. Just wait a bit. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ilhan Omar are going to make you long for Hillary Clinton. Those two and perhaps some others are going to make the right wingnuts pee in their pants.
Do you presume that opposition to all women is based upon sexism?
By this rationale, you oppose Trump because you're threatened by
powerful accomplished men. Both claims are specious because they
ignore cromulent reasons one would vote against either.

Voting for or against a candidate should be based upon agendas
they'd likely effect in office...not upon which gender one prefers.
Democrats have proposed alternatives which the right has ignored and now lies that there have been no such alternatives proposed. The border is more secure now and illegal immigration is down more than ever. And of course ignore the enforcement actions of President Obama because the last thing someone on the right can do is say anything good about a Democrat.
I'm addressing the criticism typical of the OP.
They criticize Trump & supporters, but don't say what the policy should be.

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
NO It Was Not. He obstructed justice in a case of a woman accusing him of sexual misconduct with perjury added on. His impeachment had nothing to do with Hillary and/or Monica Lewinsky. Google it, at least.
Do you think that Trump could get through a session with Nancy Pelosi, under oath, about his foreign financial entanglements, without lying?
Hint: It's a yes or no question.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
How did Bill Clinton get brought up in this conversation?
In a conversation about corruption in politics,
how could his name be avoided?

Anyway, we see a lot of corruption by high officials.
The question is which of them are actually prosecuted
&/or convicted for it? Nixon escaped it (sort of).
Bill Clinton survived it. Hillary dodged it.
Trump has yet to see his situation play out.

Bob the Unbeliever

Clinton's impeachment wasn't based on his cheating on Hillary.
It was based on his being put under oath and lying about cheating on Hillary.

So let's see if Trump could get through a session, under oath, about his foreign financial entanglements that potentially conflict with national security issues. Questions asked by the likes of Nancy Pelosi. About things dramatically more important than a BJ.

Let's see if Trump can do that without lying. And thereby committing perjury.
I don't think Trump can do it.

Tom

I seriously doubt tЯump could answer the question, "what do you want for christmas" without lying his overstuffed south-end off.

Shadow Link

I just want to know what Mueller's actual deal to Cohen was for pleading guilty to those non-crimes. I've read he was facing decades and only got three years. And also, on a side note, Federal courts are barred from accepting pleas to non-crimes. So that plea should have been rejected, but it wasn't, which is unfortunate for everyone – except the "NeverTrumps."

"Cohen was guilty on many charges unrelated to me, but he plead [sic] to two campaign charges which were not criminal[.]" ~Trump

Axe Elf

Prophet
Trump supporters were voting for action, not reactions. Is Trump flawed? Of course he is, who isn't? Can Trump walk across water? Of course not, who can? Is Trump making good on his promises? As much as possible, and this is finally what the voters wanted to see. Who cares if he paid off women (Congress has a slush fund to do exactly the same thing funded by the taxpayers) which, BTW, has not met the criteria for campaign fund violations (as you can see, your article was dated in August and yet Trump's still the Prez),

So you are also self-identifying as one of the people that the OP article was written about.

That's at least two now. I find that really fascinating.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
How did Bill Clinton get brought up in this conversation?
I brought up the fact that a previous president was subpoenaed without ever being convicted of anything, and that his impeachable offense was lying under oath.
It was in response to posts about the fact that Trump hasn't been convicted of anything yet.
No, Trump hasn't been convicted yet.

But put him under oath and I am confident that he will do what he generally does, self serving lies.
Tom

PS ~I don't want Trump impeached~

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I brought up the fact that a previous president was subpoenaed without ever being convicted of anything, and that his impeachable offense was lying under oath.
It was in response to posts about the fact that Trump hasn't been convicted of anything yet.
No, Trump hasn't been convicted yet.

But put him under oath and I am confident that he will do what he generally does, self serving lies.
Tom

PS ~I don't want Trump impeached~

Uhhhh...no...you intimidated that Clinton's impeachment was for his marital infidelity. You obviously were wrong as was pointed out.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Uhhhh...no...you intimidated that Clinton's impeachment was for his marital infidelity. You obviously were wrong as was pointed out.
Your reading comprehension isn't too impressive.
I pointed out that Clinton's impeachment was for lying.

Something Trump is famous for.
Tom

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
That depends on the seriousness of the crime committed; also, keep in mind, sometimes, the end justify the means.
I would say that I am glad not to be an American right now.

But then again, we _have_ got Bolsonaro here.

Sad.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
With that attitude so are we.
Who is "we", paleface?

As for my attitude, I dearly hope you did not expect anything else.

I would hate to be mistaken for someone who could approve of either Trump or "Bozo". Truly, truly hate.