• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why to Alrican Americans accept Biden's appalling record of racist comments?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Actually, what many of us are talking about is the hypocrisy of Trump supporters complaining that Trump's current political opponent is racist.
Hypocrisy.

That's what this thread is about.
Tom
Or you could put it as the choice between the Grand dragon and the guy who lights the klans cross on fire.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Did you know that you thread would quickly replace Biden with Trump?
Funny how that happens.
Funny how you've never called out people for bringing up Hillary or Biden in threads about Trump as they've habitually done.

But anyway, either something is wrong or it isn't. You don't get to shrug your shoulders when it's "your guy" but then clutch your pearls when it's "their guy".

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Or you could put it as the choice between the Grand dragon and the guy who lights the klans cross on fire.
Ha ha ha!
Oh wait.

You're serious?

You really think that comparing a birther to Obama's VP makes sense?
I can understand why SJWs would be that

You didn't have that excuse.
Tom

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Ha ha ha!
Oh wait.

You're serious?

You really think that comparing a birther to Obama's VP makes sense?
I can understand why SJWs would be that

You didn't have that excuse.
Tom
I'm only pointing out the comparison that somebody could be less of a racist as opposed to someone being more of a racist.

I mean how does that work?

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Ironic, isn't it?

Christians accept Trump's appalling record of greed, lust, and deceit. But Biden says something causing outrage amongst the SJWs and suddenly they have morals! They oppose racism!

Apparently they've short memories, having forgotten that Trump attacked Obama(who is black, in case you've forgotten @whirlingmerc) for being a Kenyan Muslim. While also attacking Obama for being too attached to his Christian pastor Jeremiah Wright.

It's just a hoot!
Tom

It was still a stupid remark by Joe Biden. He has a team and he still manages to make comments that hurt him. I dont think it's as bad as Hilary hate but if he keeps it up he will make it a competition with Trump. It's really a shame we dont have more parties lately the parties have been producing bad candidates and we have to hold our noses and pick one.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I dont think it's as bad as Hilary hate but if he keeps it up he will make it a competition with Trump.
He'll make what a competition with Trump?

I think Trump is going to win. All he has to do is keep everyone talking about what a racist rapist old white guy Biden is.

And then he returns to the White House, like the SJWs seem to want.
Tom

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
He'll make what a competition with Trump?

I think Trump is going to win. All he has to do is keep everyone talking about what a racist rapist old white guy Biden is.

And then he returns to the White House, like the SJWs seem to want.
Tom

I don't believe Trump has a chance unless the Democrats do something stupid enraging the voters. I am one of the voters that voted 3rd party because I couldn't stand either Trump or Hillary. Trump doesn't even try to win me over to his side. All he does is support his base and do what his base wants antagonizing and criticizing anyone that thinks different, much like his base. The base is not enough to win the election. He needs others either independents or moderate democrats on his side or he needs to make Joe Biden as hated as Hillary was. I don't see him winning anyone over to his base, so his only option is to make Joe hated.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Funny how you've never called out people for bringing up Hillary or Biden in threads about Trump as they've habitually done.
"Never" is a very ambitious word.
Are you certain of this?
(I'm not.)
A question raised.....
Have you ever called anyone on whataboutism in threads like this?
But anyway, either something is wrong or it isn't. You don't get to shrug your shoulders when it's "your guy" but then clutch your pearls when it's "their guy".
Neither should you or anyone.
This thread about Biden quickly became about Trump. It reflects
the larger problem of Dem sympathizers not facing who Biden is.
It led to ignoring his betters in primaries for candidacy.

I've given Biden much benefit of doubt, even allowing that I might
vote for him after weighing all my options as November nears.
Both he & Trump have shortcomings & have done things wrong.
Wrongitude is a thing thing to consider, but not criterion that
eliminates one. It should be about what they'd likely effect in office.
I don't defend him by deflecting from criticism of others.

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
"Never" is a very ambitious word.
Are you certain of this?
(I'm not.)
A question raised.....
Have you ever called anyone on whataboutism in threads like this?

Neither should you or anyone.
This thread about Biden quickly became about Trump. It reflects
the larger problem of Dem sympathizers not facing who Biden is.
It led to ignoring his betters in primaries for candidacy.

I've given Biden much benefit of doubt, even allowing that I might
vote for him after weighing all my options as November nears.
Both he & Trump have shortcomings & have done things wrong.
Wrongitude is a thing thing to consider, but not criterion that
eliminates one. It should be about what they'd likely effect in office.
I don't defend him by deflecting from criticism of others.

When and where have I defended Biden or Hillary (I'm not fond of either)? As I've stated on more than one occasion that I don't place politicians upon pedestals, so you can't paint me as belonging to some sort of liberal counterpart to the MAGA cult.

Do you really consider pointing out when criticism is hypocritical as the same as deflecting it?
And of course people are going to bring Trump up when the subject is politicians who say racially insensitive things. It's completely relevant so why wouldn't they? People aren't simply going to let you have your cake and eat it too. Either both get a pass or they don't. You can't flip-flop on your morals based on the accused party affiliation. That's the kind of bull**** that needs to be called out.

...and if you really think I'm also guilty of this, please by all means call me out on it and quote the offense in question, I implore you to.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
When and where have I defended Biden or Hillary (I'm not fond of either)?
I don't know. I haven't claimed that you did.
Some might argue that whatboutism is defense,
It could be. It might not be.
As I've stated on more than one occasion that I don't place politicians upon pedestals, so you can't paint me as belonging to some sort of liberal counterpart to the MAGA cult.
I'm not doing that.
Do you really consider pointing out when criticism is hypocritical as the same as deflecting it?
It can be.
There are those who do not allow threads criticizing Trump's opponents,
& this is achieved by whatabouterie filled with hostility & dogpiling.
And of course people are going to bring Trump up when the subject is politicians who say racially insensitive things. It's completely relevant so why wouldn't they? People aren't simply going to let you have your cake and eat it too. Either both get a pass or they don't. You can't flip-flop on your morals based on the accused party affiliation. That's the kind of bull**** that needs to be called out.

...and if you really think I'm also guilty of this, please by all means call me out on it and quote the offense in question, I implore you to.
I notice that all your posts in this thread have been ad hominems
about the posters you disagree with. If these posts don't directly
address the issue raised in the OP, then they do have the effect
of defending Biden by derailing the thread to be about Trump, &
personal criticism of those dealing with Biden.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I don't believe Trump has a chance unless the Democrats do something stupid enraging the voters.
Don't you remember 2004? Or 2016?
Bush managed to win the election by starting a war. And his supporters Swiftboated Kerry. A huge campaign of lies, but but by the time the ill informed USA electorate realized that Bush was president.
In 2016, Trump lost the election by millions. But Sanders and the polls helped keep the Democrats at home in just enough states to put Trump in the White House. The perfect trumped the better.

I am one of the voters that voted 3rd party because I couldn't stand either Trump or Hillary.
You realize that was a vote for Trump, right? It shouldn't be that way, but it is. What you effectively voted for was "whoever wins the EC".

The base is not enough to win the election.
Trump will get a lot more votes than just his base. Die hard Christians will vote Trump because their preachers tell them to. SJWs will vote for him by staying home or voting third party. People will forget how much the USA improved while Biden was VP, and talk about what a rapey racist he is.

I don't much care for him. He's too old and too old school. I'd much prefer that the Demopublicans had found a younger version of Sanders. But our lack of elections, our rigged elections, our tendency to believe whatever nonsense our media of choice tells us to believe, etc., strongly suggests to me that our next president will be Trump.

A Trump with no limits to his greed and deceit because he's not going to run for office again and has no reason to care about what happens to the country.
Tom

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I don't know. I haven't claimed that you did.
Some might argue that whatboutism is defense,
It could be. It might not be.

I'm not doing that.

It can be.
There are those who do not allow threads criticizing Trump's opponents,
& this is achieved by whatabouterie filled with hostility & dogpiling.

I notice that all your posts in this thread have been ad hominems
about the posters you disagree with. If these posts don't directly
address the issue raised in the OP, then they do have the effect
of defending Biden by derailing the thread to be about Trump, &
personal criticism of those dealing with Biden.

All but one of my posts in this thread were replies to you, none of which were ad homs.