• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why the world must support Macron

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Why the world must support Emmanuel Macron

Below video is 5 minutes and explains the importance that the world must support Macron. Also contains a short speech in which Macron explains what he plans and why. Religion has been quite prominent in the past centuries, but it seems to dig it's own grave now, and state and religion might get more and more separated in the future

03m10s = 40 second talk given by Macron (starting with 40 sec intro)
* You think the world should support Macron?
* Do the points given in this video make sense to you?
* Could this mean that religion slowly is going to disappear?
* If Religion goes to the background, might there be negative effects?
* Does what Macron wants go against Freedom of Religion?
* Does what Macron wants benefit the Freedom of people?
* Might France be the start of a world wide change?

The whole 05min video below:

MNoBody

Theocracies have proven more harmful to people than beneficial, so hopefully this is an indication of a beneficial plan and meaningful communication, and not more of the same coercion and conflict from polarized camps.....but how much can I say, given i am not familiar with this topic that intimately, but from what has been presented, all i can say is I hope some mutually beneficial good for humanity comes from this

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It is absolutely necessary. Our juridic tradition has strong foundations , which are the principles of French Enlightenment...les Lumières.
Which implies secularism and a strong religiousless State, the Republic in which the national values are based on rational principles.
Not on religious ones.

Religion is a private personal matter...which is irrelevant before la Loi.

I don’t think it disappears, it is only replaced by other religion. In this case it seems it would be Macroism, where he is the supreme lord.

But, I don’t think religion is the problem. The problem is that people want to do evil things. It will not end by limiting freedom of people. It may end, if people are taught well what is right and wrong. And if someone does wrong things, then he deserves judgment.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

In his fight against terrorism, yes

Yes

Could this mean that religion slowly is going to disappear?

I doubt it but i can hope

The feeling of community religion gives would disappear but France ix really good at community anyway so in france i dont see it as negative,. Religion is fading rapidly here anyway.

Does what Macron wants go against Freedom of Religion?

No but it goes against freedom to terrorise.

If not getting killed by some crazed terrorist is a benefit then I'm all for it

Might France be the start of a world wide change?

Getting rid of terrorism can only be good but some countries would be reluctant

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Why the world must support Emmanuel Macron

Below video is 5 minutes and explains the importance that the world must support Macron. Also contains a short speech in which Macron explains what he plans and why. Religion has been quite prominent in the past centuries, but it seems to dig it's own grave now, and state and religion might get more and more separated in the future

03m10s = 40 second talk given by Macron (starting with 40 sec intro)
* Does what Macron wants go against Freedom of Religion?
* Might France be the start of a world wide change?

The whole 05min video below:
I think he's done a great job in regards to terrorism. Especially doubling down on Secularism as a value.
And the "no go zones/Sharia zones" whatever they are called is total bunk.
FACT CHECK: Sharia Law Muslim 'No-Go' Zones?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I am not understanding Erdoğan in this video...
He says Macron should acknowledge the freedom of belief of a religious minority...does this imply they deserve a special treatment? A privileged status?
À Paris fais comme les Parisiens, cher monsieur :p

Last edited:

stvdv

And the "no go zones/Sharia zones" whatever they are called is total bunk.
You missed the point the reporter made here (02m46s onward)
It was not about "Sharia Laws" being installed in those areas, it was about areas where Muslim criminality is high and the criminals (Muslims in this case) dictate the Law, and the government lost control. You might compare it to certain criminal ghettos in the US where police is scared to go because there is too much violence

We have the same problem here in Holland.

Last edited:

stvdv

Theocracies have proven more harmful to people than beneficial, so hopefully this is an indication of a beneficial plan
Yes, that is what I was thinking of too. The good from the revealed scriptures was misused/corrupted by power hungry people

This might as well happen now when secularism increases. Fortunately, there is more knowledge available nowadays, and easily accessible, and more people can read/write and think for themselves, so it's more difficult to fool them. Hence the importance of Freedom of Press/Speech.

stvdv

Theocracies have proven more harmful to people than beneficial, so hopefully this is an indication of a beneficial plan and meaningful communication, and not more of the same coercion and conflict from polarized camps
That is why I think it is such a bad thing that in the moment the government, using Google/YouTube, to clearly brainwash the people with virus information and even take our Freedom of Speech away, by deleting stuff that does not fit their plan. Even trying to criminalize Freedom of Speech, all for the good cause of their virus/vaccine plan. But clearly with the goal to not let people think for themselves too much.

Religious tactics all over again. Does not surprise me though, as this control has been proven to work for 2000+ years; one need not be an Einstein.

Last edited:

stvdv

Theocracies have proven more harmful to people than beneficial, so hopefully this is an indication of a beneficial plan and meaningful communication, and not more of the same coercion and conflict from polarized camps
I clearly see a huge coercion going on nowadays with the virus and terrorism. Don't get me wrong, fighting terrorism is good, but it can also easily be abused to slowly shift into a police state, full control. That is what power hungry people always desired, for thousands of years. I do not believe much has changed. Maybe it even got worse, seeing how many billionaires there are now. You don't become billionaire+ when living Dharmic; impossible

So there are more "bad guys" now than before. My prediction "secular solution gets as bad as, or worse than the religious solution; we'll see soon.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Exactly. And only in this way there will be Freedom of Religion. The moment 1 Religion enters la Loi you get religious trouble.

Thank you. It happened with Catholicism for 13 centuries
..so we know how harmful it is.

stvdv

I don’t think it disappears, it is only replaced by other religion. In this case it seems it would be Macroism, where he is the supreme lord.

But, I don’t think religion is the problem. The problem is that people want to do evil things. It will not end by limiting freedom of people. It may end, if people are taught well what is right and wrong. And if someone does wrong things, then he deserves judgment.
Yes, religion is never the problem, or to be more precise Christ (loving, compassionate) is not the problem, Anti-Christ is (wanting control and power)

stvdv

The feeling of community religion gives would disappear but France ix really good at community anyway so in france i dont see it as negative,. Religion is fading rapidly here anyway.
Yes, even in Holland, France is known for being good at community
And even in Holland, Religion (Christianity) having been built up in 2000 years to 99.99%, went down to 50% in just a few decades

No but it goes against freedom to terrorise
If not getting killed by some crazed terrorist is a benefit then I'm all for it
A huge benefit. Terrorism is the worst, as it increases fear. Fighting terrorism should be a priority I think.

Getting rid of terrorism can only be good but some countries would be reluctant
They would be on my "NOT to GO list". And to fight terrorism it might be a good plan to ban those countries, until they come to their senses.

How is your feeling about Macron? In this video I am all in agreement with him. Are there things you disagree with him about (important things)?

stvdv

I don't like him. I wanted Le Pen to win.
:D

Eeew. Just my opinion, but...eeew.
I did not know that word (eeew), thanks for updating my vocabulary:) (3 e's out of 4; quite unique word)
eeew means disgusting or not-good, but can sometimes mean good or awesome in certain places.

I did not get this eeew feeling though. He just shared his opinion, that he did not like Macron, and preferred the other. Perfect reply even, IMO.