• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why the Supreme Courts could not rule on Gerrymandering

tigrers2019

Because this is a metaphysical issue.

Justice is taught all through both the Old and New Testament. To decide how to rule on this issue is to rule JUSTLY. Justice is an unknown in in the Supreme Court today.

The courts and Judges appointed by the leading Republican Pharisee (Mitch McConell) are picked by mainly their blind Communistic brainwashing that any other political party is not the opposition.....but the enemy, that to voice differing views from the Republican party line is treasonous.

A memorable Bible story that Gerrymandering is an example to me is found in (Matthew 18:3-7). In this KJV of the Bible the word [offend] is the Koine Greek word skandalizo which meant; 'Entice to sin, apostasy'.

"Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea."

The example that Gerrymandering sets is that justice to the opposing party does not matter. What matters is strengthen one's own party and if justice is trampled in the process, so be it.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Justice is taught all through both the Old and New Testament. To decide how to rule on this issue is to rule JUSTLY. Justice is an unknown in in the Supreme Court today.
That could be. I do not keep up with decisions and don't understand legal procedures or terminology. I'm aware that a lot has to do with the wording of things and how a specific case is brought. The justices are independent of party pressures as far as I'm aware, and that is as good as we can expect. In the long history of the Supreme Court I recall there have been times when politics contrived to get justices appointed to support particular positions. One president packed the court with extra justices until a limit of 9 was put in, so really perfect justice cannot be assumed. You can see in the past many decisions which could have been better not only the recent past, but the political independence of the justices is beneficial.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
It was a split decision with the five Republican-appointed justices ignoring the simple fact that free elections to select our representatives are a part of the Constitution. IOW, imo, very self-serving.