• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why the Protests in France?

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Can't you read lovey ? And ? And? The Protesters live in France, they expect police from France to be in the streets. They expect the armored vehicles used by the police to be marked as vehicles of the French police NOT police of the EU. Now, if you have a problem with the response of the French people who are angry about EU vehicles being used to essentially attack them, you;ll have to take it up with them, got it ?
You think there is some separate EU police force being used here?

France is in the EU, so French vehicles can have EU flags. An American police officer wearing the American flag can still be from the state he's operating in. You're trying to build a claim with no apparent support.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Can we please just stop blaming the Russians for everything? It's practically a trope at this point.
I didn't make any such claim, and I'm not the one who came up with this as two people interviewed in London on the news who are familiar with what is taking place in Paris said that the Russians were taking advantage of this situation but were not the main cause. To call what the Russians have been doing in Europe and here in the States over the last decade as being only "trope" seems to indicate you haven't been following these situations much.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I didn't make any such claim, and I'm not the one who came up with this as two people interviewed in London on the news who are familiar with what is taking place in Paris said that the Russians were taking advantage of this situation but were not the main cause. To call what the Russians have been doing in Europe and here in the States over the last decade is only a "trope" seems to indicate you haven't been following these situations much.
I have. I think it's a lot of crap. Russia has become the new scare tactic and a way of deflecting any kind of responsibility whatsoever.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I have. I think it's a lot of crap. Russia has become the new scare tactic and a way of deflecting any kind of responsibility whatsoever.
Based on what we know the Russians have been doing, your comment above is simply wrong-headed in defiance of what we know with certainty they have been doing. They have been meddling for quite some time now in elections and trying to create instability, including invading several territories. But hey, go ahead and believe in whatever floats your boat, I guess. However, as the saying goes, "You can have your own opinions but not your own facts".

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Can't you read lovey ? And ? And? The Protesters live in France, they expect police from France to be in the streets. They expect the armored vehicles used by the police to be marked as vehicles of the French police NOT police of the EU. Now, if you have a problem with the response of the French people who are angry about EU vehicles being used to essentially attack them, you;ll have to take it up with them, got it ?

Lovey? That is a reportable offence, i am not your lovey and never will be so stop dreaming.

On July 14 i fly a french flag from my balcony... Does that make me french?

It says Adidas on the side of busses, the driver does not sell trainers.

I should take a look at the charter for EUMS, and the countries they have been deployed and the hoops they need to go through before they can be deployed. You will note that they have never been deployed in france. NEVER. Get over it

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
4 dead...innumerable wounded.

I can't forgive Macron for all this French blood shed
DuJk8e2WoAE-yh9.jpg
DuJk7QaWkAAUkxc.jpg

DuJk9DxW0AA76P9.jpg

DuJk8D9XcAcYFJq.jpg

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Does anyone know whether this list of demands is legit?

There are many serious problems with it. To the point of crippling the very legitimacy of the movement, IMO.

----

25 propositions to overcome the crisis

Since politicians pretend not to understand the claims of the Yellow Vests. Since the claims of some are far from sufficient to ensure a serious change and perennial change, void a non-exhaustive list but that has a guarantee of results in the long term. We are not naive, the plutocrats in power will do everything to prevent it, but it is nevertheless essential to enforce these few proposals.

I- ECONOMY/LABOR

1. GENERAL CONDITIONS of taxation. Enclose in the constitution the impossibility for the state to collect more than 25% of the wealth of citizens.

2. IMMEDIATE INCREASE of SMIC, pensions and the social minimum by 40%.

3. MASSIVE HIRING of civil servatns to restore the quality of public services before the RGPP: stations, hospitals, schools, posts…

4. HOUSING: plan construiction of 5 million HLM [rent-controlled housing] to lower the rents, the land and revitalize the economy by through hiring. Severely punish the prefects and mayors who leave homeless people sleeping outside.

5. BANKS: make them smaller in order to protect themselves from crises, break monopolies, separate the speculative deposit and prohibit public bailout.

6. CANCEL DEBT: this is not necessary, it has already been reimbursed several times.

II- POLITICS

7. CONSTITUTION: Rewrite a Constitution by the people and for the interests of the sovereign people. Establishment of referendums of popular initiative. Establish referendums of popular initiatives.

8. PROHIBITION OF LOBBYS and other networks of influence. Permanent exclusion from the political life for anyone elected with a judicial record, put an end to the cumulation of the mandates.

9. FREXIT: exit from the EU in order to regain our political ,monetary and economic sovereignty (respect of the referendum of 2005), regain our right to mint money coming out of article 123 ofd the Lisbon Treaty (50 billion euro savings per yer).
12:10
10. TAX EVASION: recover the 80 billion euros abandoned by the state each year to the CAC 40. [French SP500]

11. IMMEDIATE END TO PRIVATIZATION and recuperation of public property: motorways, airports, car parks, SNCF… [state railways]

12. SPEED RADARS AND VIDEO VERBALIZATION: withdrawal of useless radars and verbalization video which is nothing but a disguised tax.

13. NATIONAL EDUCATION: to exclude all ideology from this ministry and to stop destructive educational techniques (global method…)

14. JUSTICE: quadruple its budget and limit in law the length of proceedings. Simplify and make justice entirely free and accessible for all.

15. MEDIA: break monopolies and media-political cronyism. Make the media accessible to citizens and guarantee the plurality of opinion. Put an end to the propaganda of the editocrats. Withdraw the public subsidy of the media (2 billion per year) as well as the tax loopholes of the journalists.

16. GUARANTEE the freedom of the citizens and inscribe in the Constitution the prohibition for the State to interfere in the teaching, the education, health, family…

III- HEALTH/ECOLOGY

17. OBSOLESCENCE PROGRAM: to extend manufacturer guarantees to 10 years minimum ensuring the presence of spare parts.

18. PLASTICS: prohibit in the very short term the commercialization of plastic bottles, glasses and other polluting packaging.

19. PHARMACEUTICAL LABORATORIES: to weaken their influence, general states of health and hospitals.

20. AGRICULTURE: ban on GMOs, carcinogenic pesticides, endocrine disruptors, monoculture…

21. REINDUSTRIALIZATION of France in order to eliminate imports and thus pollution.

IV- GEOPOLITICS

22. NATO: immediate exit from the North Atlantic Treaty Organization and prohibition to engage the French army in wars of aggression.
23. FRANCFRICA: Stop the looting and the political and military interference. Give the money from dictators and ill-gotten goods to the African people. Immediately repatriate all French soldiers. End the CFA franc system that keeps Africa in poverty. Create equal status with African states.

24. IMMIGRATION: Preventing migratory flows that can not be accomodated or integrated is the profound civilizational crisis we are experiencing.

25. FOREIGN POLICY: scrupulous respect for international law and signed commitments.

These 25 proposals will immediately change the daily life of the French. The simple articles 9 and 10 of this charter can bring up to 130 billion euros per year to the public treasury. France is a rich country, its people valiant and hardworking, it does not have to live in misery.

Translation courtesy of leftypol.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Does anyone know whether this list of demands is legit?

There are many serious problems with it. To the point of crippling the very legitimacy of the movement, IMO.

----

25 propositions to overcome the crisis

Since politicians pretend not to understand the claims of the Yellow Vests. Since the claims of some are far from sufficient to ensure a serious change and perennial change, void a non-exhaustive list but that has a guarantee of results in the long term. We are not naive, the plutocrats in power will do everything to prevent it, but it is nevertheless essential to enforce these few proposals.

I- ECONOMY/LABOR

1. GENERAL CONDITIONS of taxation. Enclose in the constitution the impossibility for the state to collect more than 25% of the wealth of citizens.

2. IMMEDIATE INCREASE of SMIC, pensions and the social minimum by 40%.

3. MASSIVE HIRING of civil servatns to restore the quality of public services before the RGPP: stations, hospitals, schools, posts…

4. HOUSING: plan construiction of 5 million HLM [rent-controlled housing] to lower the rents, the land and revitalize the economy by through hiring. Severely punish the prefects and mayors who leave homeless people sleeping outside.

5. BANKS: make them smaller in order to protect themselves from crises, break monopolies, separate the speculative deposit and prohibit public bailout.

6. CANCEL DEBT: this is not necessary, it has already been reimbursed several times.

II- POLITICS

7. CONSTITUTION: Rewrite a Constitution by the people and for the interests of the sovereign people. Establishment of referendums of popular initiative. Establish referendums of popular initiatives.

8. PROHIBITION OF LOBBYS and other networks of influence. Permanent exclusion from the political life for anyone elected with a judicial record, put an end to the cumulation of the mandates.

9. FREXIT: exit from the EU in order to regain our political ,monetary and economic sovereignty (respect of the referendum of 2005), regain our right to mint money coming out of article 123 ofd the Lisbon Treaty (50 billion euro savings per yer).
10. TAX EVASION: recover the 80 billion euros abandoned by the state each year to the CAC 40. [French SP500]

11. IMMEDIATE END TO PRIVATIZATION and recuperation of public property: motorways, airports, car parks, SNCF… [state railways]

12. SPEED RADARS AND VIDEO VERBALIZATION: withdrawal of useless radars and verbalization video which is nothing but a disguised tax.

13. NATIONAL EDUCATION: to exclude all ideology from this ministry and to stop destructive educational techniques (global method…)

14. JUSTICE: quadruple its budget and limit in law the length of proceedings. Simplify and make justice entirely free and accessible for all.

15. MEDIA: break monopolies and media-political cronyism. Make the media accessible to citizens and guarantee the plurality of opinion. Put an end to the propaganda of the editocrats. Withdraw the public subsidy of the media (2 billion per year) as well as the tax loopholes of the journalists.

16. GUARANTEE the freedom of the citizens and inscribe in the Constitution the prohibition for the State to interfere in the teaching, the education, health, family…

III- HEALTH/ECOLOGY

17. OBSOLESCENCE PROGRAM: to extend manufacturer guarantees to 10 years minimum ensuring the presence of spare parts.

18. PLASTICS: prohibit in the very short term the commercialization of plastic bottles, glasses and other polluting packaging.

19. PHARMACEUTICAL LABORATORIES: to weaken their influence, general states of health and hospitals.

20. AGRICULTURE: ban on GMOs, carcinogenic pesticides, endocrine disruptors, monoculture…

21. REINDUSTRIALIZATION of France in order to eliminate imports and thus pollution.

IV- GEOPOLITICS

22. NATO: immediate exit from the North Atlantic Treaty Organization and prohibition to engage the French army in wars of aggression.
23. FRANCFRICA: Stop the looting and the political and military interference. Give the money from dictators and ill-gotten goods to the African people. Immediately repatriate all French soldiers. End the CFA franc system that keeps Africa in poverty. Create equal status with African states.

24. IMMIGRATION: Preventing migratory flows that can not be accomodated or integrated is the profound civilizational crisis we are experiencing.

25. FOREIGN POLICY: scrupulous respect for international law and signed commitments.

These 25 proposals will immediately change the daily life of the French. The simple articles 9 and 10 of this charter can bring up to 130 billion euros per year to the public treasury. France is a rich country, its people valiant and hardworking, it does not have to live in misery.

Translation courtesy of leftypol.

Don't know how legit it is but given the makeup of the yellow vests it would not surprise me is small groups are not demanding the moon on a stick.

Shad

Veteran Member
Serious question: Is the EU beginning to shatter right in front of our eyes?

Doubtful. If you look at Poland, Austria and Hungry, all of which have far more controversial views, none are trying to leave or destroy the EU. All are merely using the already existing conflict between national sovereignty and federation politics which dates back decades. The conflicting policy is what changed but not the conflict between power structures.

shmogie

Lovey? That is a reportable offence, i am not your lovey and never will be so stop dreaming.

On July 14 i fly a french flag from my balcony... Does that make me french?

It says Adidas on the side of busses, the driver does not sell trainers.

I should take a look at the charter for EUMS, and the countries they have been deployed and the hoops they need to go through before they can be deployed. You will note that they have never been deployed in france. NEVER. Get over it
Since you aren´t my lovey any more, refrain from calling me your dear. I was worried about having to let you down easy after your pass, but itś OK now.

I told you, the French in the streets were complaining, not me. They deserve what they get as far as I am concerned, after all, itś their government, they are responsible for it.

What must I get over ? You ?, nothing to get over there, for sure. Armored vehicles with EU flags sans French flags in the streets of Paris ? Not my problem

ChristineM

Premium Member
Since you aren´t my lovey any more, refrain from calling me your dear. I was worried about having to let you down easy after your pass, but itś OK now.

I told you, the French in the streets were complaining, not me. They deserve what they get as far as I am concerned, after all, itś their government, they are responsible for it.

What must I get over ? You ?, nothing to get over there, for sure. Armored vehicles with EU flags sans French flags in the streets of Paris ? Not my problem

did i say "my dear"? I do apologise, it should have been drear.

Yes the french complaining of french policy. But here i agree but for different reasons. Damaging the arc de triomphe was unforgivable

A flag can be bought in any supermarket, was there any indication the vehicle was actually registered to the eu or maybe, just maybe, to the paris police.

And i assume you are able to read. It was quite clear what i advised you to get over but i will repeat for your efifiedific
I should take a look at the charter for EUMS, and the countries they have been deployed and the hoops they need to go through before they can be deployed. You will note that they have never been deployed in france. NEVER.
;

Last edited: