• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why the Protests in France?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

How can one like such an arrogant snobbish venomous president? Marine Le Pen wants to be called Marine...he reproaches a kid just because he called him Manu?

- ça va Manu?
-Non, non...
-

Last edited:

shmogie

The protests are internal to France and have absolutely nothing to do with the EU. As can easily be seen by the political spectrum of the protestors.
You obviously haven't been paying attention. The farmers were a majority in the original protests that spread to Paris, they were upset with higher fuel prices and EU mandates and quotas on Agriculture. Those original protests have morphed into general dissatisfaction with the government in a whole host of areas, including the surrender of French national identity to the EU.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It's nothing particularly new. Similar things have been happening throughout Europe ever since a "certain country" (who shall remain nameless) tanked the global economy and plunged national governments of pretty much every developed nation into budgetary crisis ever since.
Damn those Italians!!:mad:

Oh wait, they were not to be named:oops:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You obviously haven't been paying attention. The farmers were a majority in the original protests that spread to Paris, they were upset with higher fuel prices and EU mandates and quotas on Agriculture. Those original protests have morphed into general dissatisfaction with the government in a whole host of areas, including the surrender of French national identity to the EU.

The gilets jaunes are a disparate group of french citizens, truck drivers, factory workers, (and farmers) who have been growing across the country by means of social media.

Farmers are not and were not a majority, there is no majority, it is simply the people of france protesting macrons proposed reforms and insensitivity.

ChristineM

Premium Member

I suggest you take a look at the Wikipedia page on the yellow vests movement.

Yellow vests movement - Wikipedia

You should take particular note of the "Caused by" and "Goals" sections.

shmogie

The gilets jaunes are a disparate group of french citizens, truck drivers, factory workers, (and farmers) who have been growing across the country by means of social media.

Farmers are not and were not a majority, there is no majority, it is simply the people of france protesting macrons proposed reforms and insensitivity.
This current protest began in rural areas by farmers and those sympathetic to them, it expanded and spread to paris with everybody getting a piece of the action

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I already told you that the Farmers protest was usurped by others, the yellow vests being they. The farmers in the rural towns didn't wear yellow vests
And supposedly the Russians are at least partially responsible for this, although I don't think they're mostly causing it.

There are two big real gripes with the "Yellow Jackets" and those who support them, with one being higher taxes on fuel, which indeed affects just about everyone there negatively because France has relatively high taxes already even before this increase, plus that it is negatively affecting the low and middle-income families while the wealthy are doing very well for themselves. This is the classic "the rich get richer while the poor get poorer", and the French well know what that was like in their history and that it basically took revolution to change it.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Wikepedia is a source I never use. I already told you that the Farmers protest was usurped by others, the yellow vests being they. The farmers in the rural towns didn't wear yellow vests

This current protest began in rural areas by farmers and those sympathetic to them, it expanded and spread to paris with everybody getting a piece of the action

I see your source of opinion.inc is as accurate as ever so what would you possible need to learn about what you think you know?

The wiki gives the history of gilets jaunes from day one along with their objectives and goals, the fact you refuse to read/acknowledge is is not my problem. I also note that no source i have examined says there has ever been a farmers majority and that the protests involve the EU

ChristineM

Premium Member
And supposedly the Russians are at least partially responsible for this, although I don't think they're mostly causing it.

There are two big real gripes with the "Yellow Jackets" and those who support them, with one being higher taxes on fuel, which indeed affects just about everyone there negatively because France has relatively high taxes already even before this increase, plus that it is negatively affecting the low and middle-income families while the wealthy are doing very well for themselves. This is the classic "the rich get richer while the poor get poorer", and the French well know what that was like in their history and that it basically took revolution to change it.

Not heard the Russians are behind it and seeing the political diversity of the protesters i think its hard to see they can have much influence.

The rest is right but only the tip of the iceberg

shmogie

Not heard the Russians are behind it and seeing the political diversity of the protesters i think its hard to see they can have much influence.

The rest is right but only the tip of the iceberg
Today the protesters were met by armored vehicles, with the EU flag on them, not the French flag, they aren happy about it.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Today the protesters were met by armored vehicles, with the EU flag on them, not the French flag, they aren happy about it.

And? That my dear is not protesters but police. The difference is the protesters wear yellow vests, the police wear full body armour.

shmogie

And? That my dear is not protesters but police. The difference is the protesters wear yellow vests, the police wear full body armour.
**mod delete**
And ? And? The Protesters live in France, they expect police from France to be in the streets. They expect the armored vehicles used by the police to be marked as vehicles of the French police NOT police of the EU. Now, if you have a problem with the response of the French people who are angry about EU vehicles being used to essentially attack them, you;ll have to take it up with them, got it ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
exactly...Putin has been rigging Italian elections...that's why the left is electorally dead here