• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why the Protests in France?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Les français en ont marre de cette UE téchnocratique, ...controlée par des banquiers

Dtk9pxeWoAAovZy.jpg

PureX

Veteran Member
I admire the French people for being willing to stand up for themselves against their oligarchs. They used to admire us for the same reason, but not anymore. We've become a bunch of frightened and confused sheep here in the U.S., treating our own oligarchs like divine lords.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
The closest I’ve found to actual journalism on this story is from the Guardian. It would appear that - once again - it gets back to oligarchs:

'I understand why they are angry': readers on France's gilets jaunes
The ABC has covered it pretty extensively. The short answer is "increases in expense of living" and anti-austerity. The wiki article is pretty thorough and neutral, too.

Yellow vests movement - Wikipedia

I'm sure "certain people" will be disappointed it isn't Muslims protesting or non Muslims protesting Muslims, but hey, early days yet and plenty of time to work out conspiracy theories abd bias confirming spin.

Kangaroo Feathers

I heard they are all out showing their love for President Macron!

Serious question: Is the EU beginning to shatter right in front of our eyes?
It's nothing particularly new. Similar things have been happening throughout Europe ever since a "certain country" (who shall remain nameless) tanked the global economy and plunged national governments of pretty much every developed nation into budgetary crisis ever since.

Shaul

Premium Member
Or, it could be the French didn’t like have a huge tax supposedly justified by “global warming”. I guess even the French could figure out that was just a ploy and fig leaf to pay for bad fiscal governance.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Btw...there will be no need of a Frexit.
Marine Le Pen wants to rewrite the EU treaties, which will imply the creation of a "Europe of Sovereign Nations".
This project is supported by Geert Wilders (NL), Matteo Salvini ans HC Strache

Kangaroo Feathers

Or, it could be the French didn’t like have a huge tax supposedly justified by “global warming”. I guess even the French could figure out that was just a ploy and fig leaf to pay for bad fiscal governance.
Aaaaaand there's the first bias spin. "It's all about government response to global warming!"

I honestly expected a swipe at Muslims to be first, but demonising climate change response was my second bet.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It's nothing particularly new. Similar things have been happening throughout Europe ever since a "certain country" (who shall remain nameless) tanked the global economy and plunged national governments of pretty much every developed nation into budgetary crisis ever since.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member