• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why the "my God" vs "your God" ?

This is something I can not wrap my head around, so to speak.

When someone say "my God" do they own this God? Because the next they ask is can " your God" do so or so? :confused:

I do not own a God....if anything i am in dept to Allah every day of my life, and maybe i never will be able to repay my dept....

But when someone say "my God do or say so or so" what does it mean?
Do they believe they are the owner of the God :confused:

It is, "O god" or "God" "God is the word, and the word of god is "O god" as the way we think god is from the spirit of god. The bible allows us to read the way we think god is as "O god' while "god' is god we do not yet know. The "O" is the spirit of gods pen we sheep are in first. "Open" means the O is a pen and we should open it as repent is re pen crosses to gods curved space as the same image outside the O pen. whenever we see "O lord,[love] or O god it means the conceptual view we share and not gods truth.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I say "my God" and "your God" a lot because it's faster and in my opinion, not the best way of describing it, but still more or less correct within the English language.

But maybe I should touch on why I sometimes am quick. I make a lot of posts. A few, I devote a lot of time to. Some, I don't. I often base how much time I devote to a response, on how interested/involved I am in a thread subject - not always, but sometimes - although if I give someone a shorter reply than another, it doesn't mean I like them less. Really it's all an inexact science that I've noticed myself doing, and have figured out why I do it, is all. It involves the particular subject rather than member favoritism.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Do they believe they are the owner of the God :confused:
IMHO, 'my God' shows ownership. Hindu Gods and Goddesses are not averse to being owned. They love to be owned by their devotees. For example Krishna's mother could punish him for his mischiefs. And the wife of Krishna's friend, Uddhav, could makle him eat the peels of a banana, his love for his childhood friend, Sudama, could make him eat raw rice.

For example, a poor devotee of Krishna, Narsingh Mehta, had to marry his daughter. The devotee's wife was worried about from where the money for the marriage would come. But Narsingh said Krishna would arrange it. And sure, before the day of marriage, arrived a long line of carts carrying money and goodies for the marriage.

Why 'your God' cannot be 'my God' is because you have just one, where as we have thousands. You can't have more than one, and we can't have just one. So, the schemata is different.

Last edited:

Clara Tea

I say "my God" and "your God" a lot because it's faster and in my opinion, not the best way of describing it, but still more or less correct within the English language.

But maybe I should touch on why I sometimes am quick. I make a lot of posts. A few, I devote a lot of time to. Some, I don't. I often base how much time I devote to a response, on how interested/involved I am in a thread subject - not always, but sometimes - although if I give someone a shorter reply than another, it doesn't mean I like them less. Really it's all an inexact science that I've noticed myself doing, and have figured out why I do it, is all. It involves the particular subject rather than member favoritism.

I'm a chatterbox. People end conversations by leaping off of buildings....claiming that they'd rather take their chances leaping rather than staying to listen to me.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Wouldn't God be disappointed to see a Christian equate God with material goods?

Do you believe there are no Christians or other religious people who worship material goods? If you do, I'd be happy to introduce you to my family.

Of course Christians can get carried away with materialism just as they can sin in all areas.
Maybe however you are judging your family too harshly, maybe not. It is not the having material possessions that shows you worship or serve them.