• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why the Lightsaber is over rated.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
The Lightsaber, the weapon of choice by both Jedi and Sith alike, is a fantastic weapon. But it is also way over rated, sure it can cut though just about anything, but really just about anyone can do this, one doesn't need to be force-sensitive to use it, one need not have been a Jedi or Sith to kill with it. General Greeves was a great wielder of Lightsabers and had kill many Jedi, Dark Jedi, and Sith.
One who is Strong in the Force doesn't need to use a Lightsaber.
And then there these: Category:Lightsaber-resistant materials - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

The main one to note is the Ultrachrome:
Ultrachrome was a metal used as starship armor around the time of the Great Sith War. Silver and superconductive, it reflected blaster and slugthrower weaponry, could not be cut by a lightsaber, and was immune to metal-eating fungi.

Now saying this, I would still take a Lightsaber if I had a chance to make one for myself.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
but really just about anyone can do this, one doesn't need to be force-sensitive to use it
I suspect that, like other ceremonial weapons that are religious icons, the light sabre, and its use, is symbolic to the Jedi/Sith.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Ben is not his real name you silly :p

A street in poland :D
Ulica_Kenobiego.jpg

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
The lightsaber is not really bound to jedi/sith. Yet you do need a great reflex to bounce lasers :yes:

My guess would be you need to be pretty forcesensitive (Or have 4 mechanical arms, azakel) to be able to deflect blasters.