• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why the large contrast between the reigns of judges in the Bible and the new LDS movie in progress

whirlingmerc

In the Bible the reign of the judges was a morally corrupt time problematic because of 'every man doing what was right in their own eyes. I see a new movie underway about the first book of mormon and 'the reign of judges'

Why the large contrast between the freedom fighting 'reign of Judges' of the new upcoming LDS movie and the 'reign of Judges' in the Bible?

If anyone was the hero in the Bible it would be God not man, particularly so in Judges.

wellwisher

The tree of knowledge of good and evil is symbolic of law. Law imparts knowledge that teaches us right from wrong. In the Tree of Knowledge of good and evil was Satan. Satan has a connection to law.

Judges are the top experts in law, so they are closest to Satan. Satan was both good and evil. Judges try to weigh the good and the evil, while also having to inflict the evil of pain via sentencing. Even a good hearted judge has the job of sentencing.

The reign of judges was a time when interpretation of law becomes more ego centric, which is even closer to Satan; son of perdition. The freedom fighting reign of judges is even closer to Satan, since it does no seek solutions that benefit all, but only its select clique. This is even more sinister, since Satan is sugar coated to make it harder to see. An evil judge puts it out there to see. The freedom fighter judge wears a mask to hide his two faces.

Jesus did away with law, since it had a major technical flaw. It can be affectively used to do evil in the name of good; Mueller investigation.

Prestor John

In the Bible the reign of the judges was a morally corrupt time problematic because of 'every man doing what was right in their own eyes. I see a new movie underway about the first book of mormon and 'the reign of judges'

Why the large contrast between the freedom fighting 'reign of Judges' of the new upcoming LDS movie and the 'reign of Judges' in the Bible?

If anyone was the hero in the Bible it would be God not man, particularly so in Judges.
There is only one Book of Mormon and for much of the history of the Nephite people mentioned in the book they were ruled over by judges.

Prestor John

I was contrasting the book of Judges from the Bible with the reign of Judges.
The book of Judges was a downward spiral

I also see some researchers have strong opinions
https://www.equip.org/?s=nephite
Yes, the Book of Judges clearly portrays the "pride cycle" and was kind of like the Book of Mormon in microcosm.

The entirety of the Book of Mormon is basically a massive "pride cycle".

I am willing and able to discuss any of the arguments against the Book of Mormon.

Most of these "strong opinions" are based on false information, since these researchers rarely read the Book of Mormon themselves.