• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why the Christians have the false assumption that they are going to Heaven

nevaya

It is true that most Christians assume that because they believe in Jesus and have asked for forgiveness they are automatically saved. However the Bible their own spiritual guide has much more to say about the art of getting through the pearly gates.

Jesus said," For I tell you that unless your rightousness surpasses thatof the pharisees and the the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:20

"But small is the gate and and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."Matthew 7:14

"Not everyone that says to me Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my father."Matthew 7:21

Most Christains overlook the doctrine that outlines Christianity because it is far to difficult to be better than the Pharisees or do the will of the father, and that leaves very few capable of being granted eternal life.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Actually, I think it's more of a hope than an assumption.

Christians . . . what say ye?

Jordan St. Francis

No Christian should presume their own individual share in the salvation Christ has already won for the world. Conversion is a daily, even hourly process. True, the standards of the Gospel are exceedingly difficult: "be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect", and "it is exceedingly difficult for a rich man to enter into the Kingdom of God" (How true of us in the materially saturated hemisphere). Yet neither are we without hope, as "all things are possible with God".

"Come to me, all who are weary, for my burden is easy and my yoke is light".

Grace comes to the weary- those weighed down and exhausted by sin and waywardness from the truth. Heaven can only be received by a humble, emptied heart, as love of God and love of the self can not co-exist.

t4tn

The funny thing about it is that people think the bible says that the "believers" are going to heaven. If you want to question the Scriptures, try reading it first. It won't be the story the christians tell you!

nevaya

No Christian should presume their own individual share in the salvation Christ has already won for the world. Conversion is a daily, even hourly process. True, the standards of the Gospel are exceedingly difficult: "be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect", and "it is exceedingly difficult for a rich man to enter into the Kingdom of God" (How true of us in the materially saturated hemisphere). Yet neither are we without hope, as "all things are possible with God".

"Come to me, all who are weary, for my burden is easy and my yoke is light".

Grace comes to the weary- those weighed down and exhausted by sin and waywardness from the truth. Heaven can only be received by a humble, emptied heart, as love of God and love of the self can not co-exist.
If this is true of your religion and so many shall be condemned, "all those that fall short of Sainthood" what keeps you blinded by the reality of the scripture. Why claim a religion that cannot be adequately followed.

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
It is true that most Christians assume that because they believe in Jesus and have asked for forgiveness they are automatically saved. However the Bible their own spiritual guide has much more to say about the art of getting through the pearly gates.

Jesus said," For I tell you that unless your rightousness surpasses thatof the pharisees and the the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:20

"But small is the gate and and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."Matthew 7:14

"Not everyone that says to me Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my father."Matthew 7:21

Most Christains overlook the doctrine that outlines Christianity because it is far to difficult to be better than the Pharisees or do the will of the father, and that leaves very few capable of being granted eternal life.

I believe in Jeebus and I think im going to heaven....

Jordan St. Francis

If this is true of your religion and so many shall be condemned, "all those that fall short of Sainthood" what keeps you blinded by the reality of the scripture. Why claim a religion that cannot be adequately followed.

As I said, "all is possible with God". We are not required to think that most will be condemned, even though ALL not "some" fall short of God's glory .

What we MUST be, however, is humble and always uncertain of our own individual standing before the Lord. Precisely because each human person is an abyss of subjectivity, I can not know anyone's standing before the Lord save some sense of my own standing.

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
But have you been good enough to live up to Jeebus.....he he

Perhaps I haven't......On a more serious note I do believe Christians have this comfort through their faith in Jesus that he came, died, and rose on the third day.

Most believe that a constant effort in maintaining their faith along with good works will assure them paradise.

A

angellous_evangellous

Why the Christians have the false assumption that they are going to Heaven

I prefer "delusion."

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Have you ever taken a gander at how the Bible portrays the Pharisees?

Why claim a religion that cannot be adequately followed.
What purpose has a standard easily achieved?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I would suppose a majority of Cristian's feel that the reward for a "Christian life" is "heaven"

However few would agree on what constituted "Heaven"
And even fewer what qualifies as a necessary "Christian Life"

I suspect That whatever "Heaven" may be, it will be populated by people of all faiths and none, on a totally religiously unselective and universal way.

This might alarm many other Christians, simply because "others" have not earned "Salvation"
However they must also agree that "Salvation" is by "God's grace alone", and that neither our opinion nor what we believe are relevant factors.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006

Your'e making the same fatal mistake you accuse others of making. Grace isn't a reward.

nevaya

Have you ever taken a gander at how the Bible portrays the Pharisees?

What purpose has a standard easily achieved?

Yes I have done much research on the pharisees and many were conservitives that resemble a mojority of modern day Christians.
I live up to my standards and I acheive much.

Last edited: