• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Son of Man?

Ebionite

But the argument remains valid in asserting that Abel sought to make an offering that distanced itself from the cursed land.
Perhaps the curse of land is relevant to the killing of the animals and the covenant of the land in Genesis 15:

And he said unto him, I [am] YHWH that brought thee out of Ur of the Chaldees, to give thee this land to inherit it.
And he said, Lord YHWH, whereby shall I know that I shall inherit it?
And he said unto him, Take me an heifer of three years old, and a she goat of three years old, and a ram of three years old, and a turtledove, and a young pigeon.
And he took unto him all these, and divided them in the midst, and laid each piece one against another: but the birds divided he not.
And when the fowls came down upon the carcases, Abram drove them away.
And when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and, lo, an horror of great darkness fell upon him.
Genesis 15:7-12

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
YHWH is sometimes described as a king,

Unchecked Copy Box
Isa 45:18 - For thus saith YHWH that created the heavens; Elohim that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am YHWH; and there is none else.
Excellent answer… 100% correct.

YHWH created all things: the universe, the galaxies, the stars (Suns), the planets and moons, and all living and inanimate things in and on them… all by himself, AS GOD - Does the hammer claim glory because it hit the nail into the wood? Does the drill claim power for boring a hole in the wall? No, they are under the authoritative power of the builder and thought their given power is great they claim no part in the actuality of the building… so also the holy angels whom God used to fashion the world - no accolade ix given them as their glory is in the knowledge they have done the work they were assigned to do by God.

Soapy

"God" is ambiguous, and can be a translation of a singular or a plural word. The plural word elohim can refer to judges like Moses.
God’ is a word from Germanic origins. But certainly it’s etymology is from EVERY tribe and nation that has a religious deity… to wit: Every tribe and nation that worships a deity classes that deity as THEIR GOD (‘God’ or whatever TITLE they bestow on their deity with the meaning ‘Great[est] one’.

Ebionite

God’ is a word from Germanic origins. But certainly it’s etymology is from EVERY tribe and nation that has a religious deity… to wit: Every tribe and nation that worships a deity classes that deity as THEIR GOD (‘God’ or whatever TITLE they bestow on their deity with the meaning ‘Great[est] one’.
The deity of Israel is described as set-apart, i.e. not the same as the deities of the nations.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
Yet , it's not about what Abel offered , but what Cain did.
This is a common misinterpretation of the text.Abel's animals were given as an offering, not killed as a sacrifice.

-In the original Hebrew, this idiom 'Your brothers blood cries out to me from the ground', appears as 'Kol Demei Achicha Tzoakim El'ai Min Ha-Adamah'. (קול דמי אחיך צועקים אלי מו האדמה)

-The original Hebrew phrase for 'Your brother's blood' is 'Kol Demei Achicha' (קול דמי אחיך)

-In Hebrew, the 'construct state' is used every time a noun is modified by another noun in a genitive construction. *In case the noun is masculine and plural (for example), the first noun changes its normal appearance and becomes slightly shorter.

Well, both Biblical Hebrew scholars as well as Jewish Bible commentators have noticed an unusual grammatical Hebrew form when reading this verse in the original Hebrew.There, in the original Hebrew, the word for 'blood' appears as 'Demei' (דמי) which is the masculine plural of the construct state of the word 'Damim' (דמים) and that means the word for 'blood' is found in this biblical text in its plural form and not in its singular form as one can plainly see in the English translation.

-The fact that Hebrew actually has a plural form for the word blood is quite interesting and suggests there is a difference between 'blood' in singular and 'blood' in plural!

The difference between the two versions of the Hebrew word for ‘blood’ is that when it appears in its singular form it describes ‘blood’ in general.However, when it appears in its plural form it is usually related to bloodshed or murder – like in the case of Cain and Abel – and the reason is because when a man kills another man he is also killing his future descendants as well. In other words, the original Hebrew uses the plural form of ‘blood’ to emphasize that when Cain killed Abel he did not just kill one person – Abel – but also many others (Abel’s future descendants).

So the First 'Son of Man' killed not just Abel , but Abel's blood line also.
When The Last 'Son of Man' came , from his blood, life and hope was given.

Hebrews 12
"But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven.You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel."

If you read carefully Matthew 23 you will note this:
"And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar."

How will come upon them all the righteous blood?

Ebionite

So the First 'Son of Man' killed not just Abel , but Abel's blood line also.
When The Last 'Son of Man' came , from his blood, life and hope was given.
The idea that a "son of man" refers to the man called Adam can be applied to the star prophecy. This could be interpreted that repentance is meaningful for the fulfilment of that prophecy.

I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth.
Numbers 24:17

The Name Sheth is from שת, which is the name of the son of the man called Adam who was the paternal ancestor of Abraham.

And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth(שת): For Elohim, [said she], hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.
Genesis 4:25

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
The idea that a "son of man" refers to the man called Adam can be applied to the star prophecy. This could be interpreted that repentance is meaningful for the fulfilment of that prophecy.

I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth.
Numbers 24:17

The Name Sheth is from שת, which is the name of the son of the man called Adam who was the paternal ancestor of Abraham.

And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth(שת): For Elohim, [said she], hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.
Genesis 4:25
That's my point all the time , from the line of Seth , the line of Abel is restored.
Not in the flesh , but in spirit.

Soapy

The deity of Israel is described as set-apart, i.e. not the same as the deities of the nations.
The term ‘GOD’ is JUST THAT - a term. It doesn’t mean a SPECIFIC PERSON IN THE MAIN but rather, ‘THE PERSON WHOM THE RELIGIOUS ADVOCATE REGARDS AS THEIR RELIGIOUS ULTIMATE LEADER’. Therefore every religion will have their GOD!!!

And, in fact, ALL BUT THE JEWS base their ideas on the model of humanity that they see around them, they devise a HIERARCHY OF GODS of differing powers and abilities as it is inconceivable that any one person (as seen in humanity) could ever be responsible for ALL THINGS as the GOD OF THE JEWS claims!!!

The God of the Jews is set apart as being the only true God. Yes, that is true. The God of the jews IS THE ONLY GOD who PROVED HIMSELF AS BEING REAL… With the other ‘Gods’ there would always be done excuse as to why they didn’t perform like the God of the Jews. The God of the Jews performed mighty works that no other God could even vaguely perform IN THE PRESENCE OF THE PEOPLE like with Moses parting the Red Sea or turning Moses’ hand Leprous and healing it again… or the many healings of the lame, the blind, the sick, etc… all in the presence of witnesses. But, there were wicked ‘Magicians’ and ‘Wizards’ and ‘Witches’ who pretended or connived to perform APPARENT healings to fool the people.

When you see the term, ‘God’, you should bear in mind that it is just a shortened term of which the longer part should be ‘The God of xyz’. In every place in the Bible scriptures where the Jewish deity is mentioned it would therefore be written ‘The God of the Jews [said /did…] ’ and not just ‘God [said /did…]. However, it is obvious that this would become tedious and therefore WHERE IT IS OBVIOUS WHICH GOD IS BEING REFERRED TO it is simply acceptable to just say ‘God…’.
Note that in pagan belief, since there are many GODS IT WOULD BE NECESSARY TO NAME the God who was being referred to.

Last edited: