• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why so many stars?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Do stars have any significant meaning to you? Do you believe there to be lucky stars or power in wishing upon a star? Do you believe there is truth in astrology? Do you believe in any of the star lore? The star of Bethlehem seems to be the most embraced of them all.

Do you think the universe just goes on infinitely and is loaded with stars everywhere, or do you think if you travel enough galaxies and keep going in the same direction, eventually everything turns black? There are more than 2 trillion galaxies. I wonder how many stars that is?

upload_2020-2-6_8-52-6.jpeg
220px-The_Sun_by_the_Atmospheric_Imaging_Assembly_of_NASA%27s_Solar_Dynamics_Observatory_-_20100819.jpg

After a star collapses it looks a bit like this:
220px-Crab_Nebula.jpg

A supernova explosion blows away the star's outer layers, leaving a remnant such as the Crab Nebula.

Some stars are 13.8 billion years old. How on earth could we ever test such a hypothesis to know if it is correct?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Do stars have any significant meaning to you? Do you believe there to be lucky stars or power in wishing upon a star? Do you believe there is truth in astrology? Do you believe in any of the star lore? The star of Bethlehem seems to be the most embraced of them all.

Do you think the universe just goes on infinitely and is loaded with stars everywhere, or do you think if you travel enough galaxies and keep going in the same direction, eventually everything turns black? There are more than 2 trillion galaxies. I wonder how many stars that is?

View attachment 36823
220px-The_Sun_by_the_Atmospheric_Imaging_Assembly_of_NASA%27s_Solar_Dynamics_Observatory_-_20100819.jpg

220px-Crab_Nebula.jpg

A supernova explosion blows away the star's outer layers, leaving a remnant such as the Crab Nebula.

Some stars are 13.8 billion years old. How on earth could we ever test such a hypothesis to know if it is correct?
I think the numbers are infinite. There's probably a lot more out there that will blow our minds that we haven't even considered or thought of. I'm pretty convinced we live in a continuum with the Infiniti only left to our wildest imaginations.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

View attachment 36823

220px-Crab_Nebula.jpg

All eyes are on the star Betelgeuse. The way scientists are acting, it's arguably ready to blow any time now.

A star called Betelgeuse might be ready to explode into a giant supernova

That would be a pretty cool thing to see before I die and become the universe itself again.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I think how big the universe is to be an overwhelming thing to comprehend, we are so tiny in it all

But I also think how small it can be is also pretty mind-blowing - e.g. all the trillions of molecules there are in a cup of water, and how tiny sub-atomic particles are, and the enormous space between sub-atomic particles

So I find the vastness of the universe to be amazing too, but also how small it can go!

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
Do stars have any significant meaning to you?
Yes, as according to scripture, a few things (briefly listed):

They are for marking "signs":

Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
Such as the "sign" given in November 13, 1833:

Rev_6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.​

They are to give light upon the earth in darkness:

Jer_31:35 Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:​

They are for demonstrating the almighty power, wisdom and might of their Creator, JEHOVAH Elohiym, who is worthy of all praise:

Job_22:12 Is not God in the height of heaven? and behold the height of the stars, how high they are!

Psa 8:3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;

Psa_148:3 Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light.​

They are not to be worshipped in any way, nor to guide the spiritual life:

Deu_4:19 And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.

Amo_5:26 But ye have borne the tabernacle of your Moloch and Chiun your images, the star of your god, which ye made to yourselves.

Act_7:43 Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch, and the star of your god Remphan, figures which ye made to worship them: and I will carry you away beyond Babylon.​

They are also, as a natural thing, speaking of spiritual things, and represent in type, Angels, men, or leadership:

Jdg_5:20 They fought from heaven; the stars in their courses fought against Sisera.

Job_38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Isa_14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Dan_8:10 And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.

Dan_12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Jud_1:13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

Rev_1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

Rev_1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

Rev_12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

Rev_12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.​

They (stars) teach of the difference between earthly and heavenly glories, and the differing glories among themselves:

1Co_15:41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.​

Do you believe there to be lucky stars or power in wishing upon a star?
There is the power of the devil, but it is illusory. It is actually a twisting of the scripture and texts above, which satan uses to teach sorcery, astrology, in that false teaching that somehow the physical 'stars' of heaven can guide the spiritual life. It is the twisting of the prayer:

Mat_6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
And so the occult, through the serpent (devil), twists this truth in regards the government of God in 3rd Heaven, that should also be microcosm'ed on this earth, and teaches instead, "As above, so below" in their astrology, in that the moving of the 'stars' (planets, etc) should guide the spiritual life.

JEHOVAH Elohiym does not partake in the business of 'wishing', but rather of prayer and asking according to His will. It is the devil that asks persons to come to him with their carnal desires, their 'wishes'. Therefore, to 'wish'; upon a star is the devils game according to scripture, even as the apostates had made Remphan.

Do you believe there is truth in astrology?
A twisted truth, a tangled web which no longer glorifies the Creator JEHOVAH Elohiym. It is a mixture of the truth with deadly error. If it were not so, it would not have any appeal, for the greatest of lies have truth borrowed, but abused.

Do you believe in any of the star lore?
There is some evidence of the Gospel being taught in the constellations of old, but has long been obscured by the false religion of astrology.

Constellations, just in the natural form, teach us of the object lesson from God, that we as individual members (stars) ought to be in harmony working together in God's created order (for God is not the author of confusion) with the Throne of Deity at their center, all circling it, and in so doing, form something greater than the individual parts could ever accomplish on their own.

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
The star of Bethlehem seems to be the most embraced of them all.
The "star" of Bethlehem was no natural 'star' of the 2nd Heaven (Genesis 1), but rather was a group of Holy Angels (which included Gabriel himself) that guided the "magi" and shepherds to the location of the born Messiah. The 'star' does not travel as do the natural stars, but suddenly appears over a certain area at a fixed time according to prophetic statements given in the past, moves from east to west, stays over a certain area (Bethlehem Judaea), then disappears forever having fulfilled the mission:

Num_24:17 I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth.

Mat 2:1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
Mat 2:2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.
Mat 2:3 When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.
Mat 2:4 And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.
Mat 2:5 And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet,
Mat 2:6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.
Mat 2:7 Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men, enquired of them diligently what time the star appeared.
Mat 2:8 And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found him, bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also.
Mat 2:9 When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.
Mat 2:10 When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.
Mat 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.
Mat 2:12 And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.
Mat 2:13 And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.

Luk 2:8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
Luk 2:9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
Luk 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
Luk 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
Luk 2:12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
Luk 2:13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
Luk 2:14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
Luk 2:15 And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.
Luk 2:16 And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.
Luk 2:17 And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.
Luk 2:18 And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.​

All throughout scripture, Angels (as well as men) are identified as "stars". For instance, see Job 38:7, Revelation 1:20, etc. Gabriel is one of the two angels that kept watch of Jesus, one of the covering cherubs (and he who replaced Lucifer's office). They are seen at the beginning of his life on earth, during and at the end.

Do you think the universe just goes on infinitely and is loaded with stars everywhere, or do you think if you travel enough galaxies and keep going in the same direction, eventually everything turns black?
The Bible says:

Man cannot number all of the stars:

Gen_15:5 And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.​

There are a set number of stars, that God knows, even each by name (in natural and spiritual understanding):

Psa_147:4 He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names.​

Everything circles the throne of Deity:

Rev 4:6 And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.​

Yet, if one takes into consideration this one thought, they they are not surrounded by darkness, but rather surrounded by light. Take each star that you can physically see with the naked eye upon the clearest and blackest of nights. There will be 'darkness' in between each point of light. Yet, take that same space of sky and now look again with a magnifying lens like a telescope and look at the 'darkness' that was in between the stars one could see with the naked eye, and one will notice more light, more stars in between. Now look again that the 'darkness' in between those new points of light. Observe that same 'darkness' through a greater magnifying lens, a greater telescope and more light appears in between the points of light that were newly seen.

Consider that at every advanced stage of magnification, and distance, that more "light" appears. "Darkness" is then seen for what it is, a simple lack of capability to see the light that shines in the distance.

You are not surrounded by darkness, but rather the glory of God, whom we could not view all at once, not having infinite sight, but rather limited sight.

The night sky blazes with a glory mankind has not yet even considered, for mankind unless enlightened by God, thinks only upon the darkness, for men loved darkness rather than light.

There are more than 2 trillion galaxies. I wonder how many stars that is? ...
More than mankind even knows of.

Now just think of all the unfallen worlds, and their unfallen beings that God created, that if we accept the offer in His Son, we will get to come to meet, even as Enoch already has:

Mar 2:17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Luk 15:4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
Luk 15:5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
Luk 15:6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.
Luk 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.​

This one world is the lost sheep. The 99 represent in type all the unfallen worlds, and the unfallen beings (angels, etc) who never sinned.

Heb_1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Heb_11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.​

Just as this world, so too many others:

Isa_45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.
The universe is spread out like a tent (house) in which God dwells and there are many 'mansions' (rooms/worlds/places of habitation) in it:

Joh_14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Jesus is coming soon.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Star formation is actually slowing down. The universe is literally running out of gas. Stars are dying at a rate greater than new stars are being born. So say astronomers.

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".

View attachment 36823

220px-Crab_Nebula.jpg

Do stars have any significant meaning to you?

Yes!, for me their significance is their amazing attributes and just seeing them, including the many ways of viewing our own local star, Sol -- the masses, sizes, surface features and distances between. Amazing stuff!

There are just overwhelmingly astounding stars out there. Here's just one of many fun little videos to illustrate some of the amazing attributes:

Star sizes video done right! (best I've seen so far; also it will help to know that the video begins with pulsars (neutron stars), and that Sirius B is a white dwarf)

Do you believe there to be lucky stars or power in wishing upon a star? Do you believe there is truth in astrology? Do you believe in any of the star lore?
No, none of those for me. :)

(By the way, less important than your real topic, but there is a lot of modeling that goes into trying to estimate the age of a star so odd and unusual as the one currently being estimated to be as old as the Universe: HD 140283 - Wikipedia Not only is the age of the Universe in question though, with ongoing competing estimates that vary quite a lot, but also it's good to be aware that how we estimate the age of this 'Methuselah star' I think from experience of reading in Astrophysics for decades now will end up likely to be changed eventually, and it might turn out not nearly as old as currently estimated. That's just from experience, as I've read a lot of astrophysics articles over the years, about 10,000)

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Star formation is actually slowing down. The universe is literally running out of gas. Stars are dying at a rate greater than new stars are being born. So say astronomers.
Does that mean we are heading for the Big Crunch, or are we fading into a heat death?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Does that mean we are heading for the Big Crunch, or are we fading into a heat death?

Good question. I don't think I've heard them say it looks like it's heading one way or another. But if it's true about less stars being born, I suppose that could point to heat death. Seems the natural progression. Or is it? ;)

"I have no doubt that in reality the future will be vastly more surprising than anything I can imagine. Now my own suspicion is that the Universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose."
- J. B. S. Haldane

halbhh

Current estimates are like 10^22 to 10^24 stars in the Universe. Here's 10^24: 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

The answers to the other question are even a lot less precise or definite in my view. :) To get to the 'edge' of ordinary matter and energy like we know of in the Universe, we currently would most think one could not travel faster than the speed of light, so therefore you cannot get there (ever). Maybe the outer edge of the kind of mass and energy we know of if we have a big bang/inflation model (the leading model) might be photons from the very early Universe traveling without hitting anything since. One could not theoretically get past them,, as nothing we know of can travel faster. :) The 'edge' is always outta-sight and I think there would be no such thing as being past it. It would not be a thing that exists, so to speak, to be past those photons, and those photons are as much as you can ever see(!), and basically they are alike to the Cosmic Background Radiation. (so you see, we are not only at the 'center', but also at the 'edge', in a sense)

This article is probably much better than my very short paragraph tho!
Where's the Edge of the Universe? | Space

Last edited:

halbhh

All eyes are on the star Betelgeuse. The way scientists are acting, it's arguably ready to blow any time now.

A star called Betelgeuse might be ready to explode into a giant supernova

That would be a pretty cool thing to see before I die and become the universe itself again.
Here's a more rapidly updating source you could check at times:
The Latest on Betelgeuse, Plus a Bright Supernova and New Comet Iwamoto - Sky & Telescope

I noted one interesting time scale in the article we can keep in mind:
" (UPDATE Feb. 5: Minimum expected around Feb 21)."

halbhh

The best overall summary I think of current news and reports of research in cosmology/astrophysics about that would be, for now -- "We don't know." --since there are conflicting measurements about such things as the rate of acceleration of expansion, and this allows new physics might be behind the discrepancies, meaning wildcard possibly on this longer term question.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

Stars are just a bunch of matter held together through immens gravity, with pressure on the inside being so immense that nuclear fusion sets in.

They are a logical and inevitable consequence of physics.

And no, they have no influence on some human's personality in relation to that human's birthdate.

Do you think the universe just goes on infinitely and is loaded with stars everywhere

Common sense would suggest that it doesn't go on infinitly. Observation tells us that there are indeed stars everywhere we look, packed together in galaxies with great area's of "empty" space between those galaxies.

I think the latest estimates are that in the known universe there are about 250 billion galaxies with each on average holding about 200 billion stars - many of which have planets orbitting them.

, or do you think if you travel enough galaxies and keep going in the same direction, eventually everything turns black?

It's hard to say I think. It seems to me that even if there is an "edge", you'ld never reach it, because the expansion of space is going faster then the speed of light.

So let's even say you can travel at the speed of ligt from A (your current position) to B (the edge of the universe). That edge moves faster away from you then you are traveling towards it. So even if you go at max speed, you won't catch up. In fact, the distance between you and B would only grow.

Astronomy has its ways. I'm sure you can look that up.
Redshifting is a big part of it.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes, as according to scripture, a few things (briefly listed):

They are for marking "signs":

Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
Such as the "sign" given in November 13, 1833:

Rev_6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.​

They are to give light upon the earth in darkness:

Jer_31:35 Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:​

They are for demonstrating the almighty power, wisdom and might of their Creator, JEHOVAH Elohiym, who is worthy of all praise:

Job_22:12 Is not God in the height of heaven? and behold the height of the stars, how high they are!

Psa 8:3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;

Psa_148:3 Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light.​

They are not to be worshipped in any way, nor to guide the spiritual life:

Deu_4:19 And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.

Amo_5:26 But ye have borne the tabernacle of your Moloch and Chiun your images, the star of your god, which ye made to yourselves.

Act_7:43 Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch, and the star of your god Remphan, figures which ye made to worship them: and I will carry you away beyond Babylon.​

They are also, as a natural thing, speaking of spiritual things, and represent in type, Angels, men, or leadership:

Jdg_5:20 They fought from heaven; the stars in their courses fought against Sisera.

Job_38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Isa_14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Dan_8:10 And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.

Dan_12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Jud_1:13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

Rev_1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

Rev_1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

Rev_12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

Rev_12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.​

They (stars) teach of the difference between earthly and heavenly glories, and the differing glories among themselves:

1Co_15:41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.​

There is the power of the devil, but it is illusory. It is actually a twisting of the scripture and texts above, which satan uses to teach sorcery, astrology, in that false teaching that somehow the physical 'stars' of heaven can guide the spiritual life. It is the twisting of the prayer:

Mat_6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
And so the occult, through the serpent (devil), twists this truth in regards the government of God in 3rd Heaven, that should also be microcosm'ed on this earth, and teaches instead, "As above, so below" in their astrology, in that the moving of the 'stars' (planets, etc) should guide the spiritual life.

JEHOVAH Elohiym does not partake in the business of 'wishing', but rather of prayer and asking according to His will. It is the devil that asks persons to come to him with their carnal desires, their 'wishes'. Therefore, to 'wish'; upon a star is the devils game according to scripture, even as the apostates had made Remphan.

A twisted truth, a tangled web which no longer glorifies the Creator JEHOVAH Elohiym. It is a mixture of the truth with deadly error. If it were not so, it would not have any appeal, for the greatest of lies have truth borrowed, but abused.

There is some evidence of the Gospel being taught in the constellations of old, but has long been obscured by the false religion of astrology.

Constellations, just in the natural form, teach us of the object lesson from God, that we as individual members (stars) ought to be in harmony working together in God's created order (for God is not the author of confusion) with the Throne of Deity at their center, all circling it, and in so doing, form something greater than the individual parts could ever accomplish on their own.
:rolleyes: