• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why should the world?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Note the date that these ships entered the Pacific theater, 1944. This was after the Japanese captured the Brit colonies and destroyed or ran out the ships the Brits had there to protect their colonies.

The US had been in theater since 1942. Now Wikepedia the battle of the coral sea, the battle of midway, the Marinnas turkey shoot, and all the other battles the US Navy had been involved in. The Japanese navy had no aircraft carriers left, their genius admiral, Yamamoto had been killed, most of their capital ships had been sunk, and the US had achieved complete air superiority by 1944. This British fleet was pretty safe.

Britains fleet had completely missed the big, decisive battles, and they were back to reclaim and hold on to the colonies they had lost ,primary purpose, if an invasion of the Japanese home islands was required, they would have been of immense help, but it wasn´t required. They got to the dance late, and it was pretty much over.

So just like you, we turned up late.

shmogie

So just like you, we turned up late.
It was a European war, at the time most Americans wanted the Europeans to settle it.

Japan, wanting to control the Pacific, thought they could knock out the US Pacific fleet at Pearl Harbor, the only block to their dominance.

They failed. hitler, like always on methamphedimines his Dr. Gave him, stupidly declared war on the US, those two events brought us in, in both the Pacific and Europe.

Yes, we were late in 1941, by design. It worked out though.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It was a European war, at the time most Americans wanted the Europeans to settle it.

Japan, wanting to control the Pacific, thought they could knock out the US Pacific fleet at Pearl Harbor, the only block to their dominance.

They failed. hitler, like always on methamphedimines his Dr. Gave him, stupidly declared war on the US, those two events brought us in, in both the Pacific and Europe.

Yes, we were late in 1941, by design. It worked out though.

Thanks for the help.

Ponder This

My reason for the OP was because of the idiotic war game US are doing all over the world. And how they wish to tell other countries what they can and can not do. Example being US telling what Iran can and can not do, or the different countries in the Middle east region.
When it comes to Norway where i live, because of Nato we must agree to have American troops placed here, something i find idiotic. America is just a country in the world, and they should be focusing on fixing their own problems before trying to fix others with bombing them to hell

Interesting. Do you support Iran nuclear weaponry?
What is the best policy with regard to Iran's desire to acquire nuclear weapons?

Also, wasn't it Norway who persuaded NATO and the US to bring more troops to Norway because Norwegians fear the recent Russian build up of military in the Arctic?

I understand if you disagree with the political choices made by the Norwegian government, but it was the Norwegian government that made the request.
Also, is there a reason the US should not be concerned about the Arctic as it warms and becomes an area everyone is interested in expanding into? The Russians are building up, Norway has requested aid. Norway is building up its military and the US should just act like nothing is happening? Hmm.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Interesting. Do you support Iran nuclear weaponry?
What is the best policy with regard to Iran's desire to acquire nuclear weapons?

Also, wasn't it Norway who persuaded NATO and the US to bring more troops to Norway because Norwegians fear the recent Russian build up of military in the Arctic?

I understand if you disagree with the political choices made by the Norwegian government, but it was the Norwegian government that made the request.
Also, is there a reason the US should not be concerned about the Arctic as it warms and becomes an area everyone is interested in expanding into? The Russians are building up, Norway has requested aid. Norway is building up its military and the US should just act like nothing is happening? Hmm.
If Iran wants nuclear weapons it is up to them to decide it, not up to America. It is not more dangerous than Iran has Nuclear weapon then that trump is in charge of the same weapon in USA.
Am I as a person afraid of Iran or Russia? No, I am not afraid of them.
Yes, it is the Government here in Norway that decided US troops were welcome here, But that does not mean all Norwegian citizens agree with our government.
Why should America be concerned with European land and its artic area?

Do i fear that Iran will start WW3? No i do not
Do i fear US will start WW3? I do not fear it, but the chance is bigger with them (government)

Do i support Norway in it build of th military? No i do not