• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why should the world?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
But.... America use force to get it their way without checking the facts first. The strange thing is that after soon 20 years in Afghanistan it is worse then ever, because America invaded after they was so sure to find Bin laden there in 2001. strange but he was not even in Afghanistan, So i belive they went in there with false flag

"Facts! We don't need no stinkin' facts."

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
All your government has to do is make an official request for US troops to leave, and our government would have no other choice but to comply. Ultimately, it's up to your own government and the people who elected it to make that decision.

Since you can speak so freely and openly about it, then it appears that the puppet's eyes are open, so what are you waiting for? Why blame Americans for something that's ultimately up to your own government and people?
I have written letters to norwegian government but they refuse to listen. they say they want America as protection....

Shad

Veteran Member
My reason for the OP was because of the idiotic war game US are doing all over the world. And how they wish to tell other countries what they can and can not do. Example being US telling what Iran can and can not do, or the different countries in the Middle east region.

There a lot of nations telling Iran what to do.

When it comes to Norway where i live, because of Nato we must agree to have American troops placed here, something i find idiotic. America is just a country in the world, and they should be focusing on fixing their own problems before trying to fix others with bombing them to hell

You have next to no military that is why you are in NATO.

No nation-state is perfect. Your standard is unrealistic. More so heard of multi-tasking?

Shad

Veteran Member
So it is ok for America to be criminal and go to war, but as soon others do it then they are terrorists?

Terrorism as about tactics.

Going to war isn't criminal. The US has not been in a declared war since ww2.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Yep. What are you going to do about it?
Why is it ok for America to be terrorists but when someone else say or do something you get angry and want to destroy them?

Not much i can do as a single person in the fight against American dictature, but i can inform those who not see it

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But...but...bombing them to hell seems to make a statement that is not misunderstood...
Oh, the statement is indeed misunderstood.
But alas, it's by those ordering the bombing.
They don't understand the likely consequences.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Why is it ok for America to be terrorists but when someone else say or do something you get angry and want to destroy them?
We (not including me) have the morality of an old school God.
If we smite, the vary fact that we do the smiting makes it moral
by definition. If others see it as misguided, unfair, arbitrary,
evil, heinous, immoral, or just plain wrong...that's their problem.
We (not including me) work in mysterious ways.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You might want to revisit the history of war before we stepped in. Europe was pretty much under Hitler's boot (and of course we all remember how France stood up in defiance..). England was barely hanging on. As far as Japan went, they ruled China and the western Pacific. True, it took awhile before the US came to their senses, but the world was on the ropes by then. The Axis powers would not have been defeated if the US had not geared up to kick butt.

No need to revisit history i had family die in that war including one french resistance fighter.

Russia did a pretty good job of defeating german aggression. Tactical analysis tells us that germany would not have won while fighting on 2 fronts and taking into account its many other setbacks even without american help. It may not have been in 1945 but certainly within the following couple of years.

At least when Germany declared war on the US then the US stopped feeding their military machine.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
No need to revisit history i had family die in that war including one french resistance fighter.

Russia did a pretty good job of defeating german aggression. Tactical analysis tells us that germany would not have won while fighting on 2 fronts and taking into account its many other setbacks even without american help. It may not have been in 1945 but certainly within the following couple of years.

At least when Germany declared war on the US then the US stopped feeding their military machine.

As I had family (father, uncles) that readily volunteered to go and maybe die on foreign soil for people they did not even know; so you'll excuse me if I don't get all weepy eyed because your people actually fought for what was theirs.

ChristineM

Premium Member
As I had family (father, uncles) that readily volunteered to go and maybe die on foreign soil for people they did not even know; so you'll excuse me if I don't get all weepy eyed because your people actually fought for what was theirs.

Oh i am so sad for you.
You made a statement, i responded, i dont need your excuses why its its meaningless to you

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Oh i am so sad for you.
You made a statement, i responded, i dont need your excuses why its its meaningless to you

If whining was a weapon then a good portion of the free world wouldn't need the protection of the US.

We Never Know

No Slack

Germany at that time has been referred to as being ahead of the rest of the world during WWII. If it weren't for many countries coming together to defeat them, we all would be speaking German.
Arguing about who did more or who did less is rather pointless. Everyone should be glad that allies came together and that we don't speak German today.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Germany at that time has been referred to as being ahead of the rest of the world during WWII. If it weren't for many countries coming together to defeat them, we all would be speaking German.
Arguing about who did more or who did less is rather pointless. Everyone should be glad that allies came together and that we don't speak German today.

I entirely agree, but shouting "we came in (late) and won the war for you" deserves only contempt

shmogie

Acknowledging America didn't singlehandedly fight and win the Second World War =/= "hates America".
No, you are right, the allies won WW2, except in the Pacific, where the truly brave ANZACs, though a small part of the naval force, were not involved in the island hopping slaughterfests.

I was addressing your strongly implied accusation that America has been wrong and nefarious in itś approach to international affairs. There, of course, have been some real mistakes, but on balance it has been the right policy.

After the war, America took on the burden of rebuilding Europe and facing up to the USSR, there was no one else to do it, it wasn´t something we volunteered to do, it was required to be done, whether we liked it or not.

We enslaved no nations, we had no colonies, we didn´t loot any nation. We poured massive amounts of money into both defeated and allied nations.

We became the policeman of the world because it needed to be done, and except for the USSR, sworn to our destruction, there was no one to do it.

We Never Know

No Slack
I entirely agree, but shouting "we came in (late) and won the war for you" deserves only contempt

All the allies together won the war. However the turning point of the war was....

"On D-Day, the Allies landed around 156,000 troops in Normandy.
73,000 American (23,250 on Utah Beach, 34,250 on Omaha Beach, and 15,500 airborne troops),
83,115 British and Canadian (61,715 of them British) with 24,970 on Gold Beach, 21,400 on Juno Beach, 28,845 on Sword Beach, and 7,900 airborne troops."

ChristineM

Premium Member
All the allies together won the war. However the turning point of the war was....

"On D-Day, the Allies landed around 156,000 troops in Normandy.
73,000 American (23,250 on Utah Beach, 34,250 on Omaha Beach, and 15,500 airborne troops),
83,115 British and Canadian (61,715 of them British) with 24,970 on Gold Beach, 21,400 on Juno Beach, 28,845 on Sword Beach, and 7,900 airborne troops."

Yes, and america helped... Which is what i said