• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why should the world?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Wh6 should the world be doing as US want is to do? Why do America think they have so much power over the other countries?

Do not blame the rest of us for the beliefs of tRump, and of course archaic Manifest Destiny of not only the USA, but the history of the Christian West..

siti

Cause you guys make us laugh. You guys voted in an orange to lead your country. You can’t get more hilariously charming than that.Makes the rest of us feel better about our own useless idiots in charge
Well first of all I'm not "you guys"...but I guess whilst yous down under might be unsure sometimes about the political principles of your leader (God bless his Pentecostal pragmatic conservative liberalism), y'all across the pond can be pretty sure yours has none. And those of us hailing from the Disunited Queendom - well we don't have a leader at all do we? And haven't had one for quite some time now as far as I can recall.

Shad

Veteran Member
There was no way Germany was going to win.
The US getting involved when it did served to end the war more quickly but sooner or later that madhouse called Nazi Germany was going to collapse internally and/or externally. The Nazi leadership was comprised of crazy people especially Herr Fuhrer. God know how long it would've have lasted if the US didn't enter.

This is based on hindsight.

Shad

Veteran Member
Stalingrad ?

No Moscow. USSR was so centralized that without Moscow the whole system would collapse. The battle of Moscow caused the whole Northern AG to stall. Germany couldn't cut off Leningrad, Northern Convoy system nor Ural industry.

Stalingrad was a battle of ego not strategy. It had someone's name on it. Can't have that. Baku and it's oil were wide open. Stalingrad consumed resources the Caucasus operation could have used.

Last edited:

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
Stalingrad ?
Even after the Battle of Moscow, Hitler just kept pointlessly throwing his troops at the Russians. Leningrad, Kursk, Stalingrad. It was like Hitler was like a drug addict trying to rob the same liquor store and getting the **** beaten out of by the owner over and over again.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Well first of all I'm not "you guys"...but I guess whilst yous down under might be unsure sometimes about the political principles of your leader (God bless his Pentecostal pragmatic conservative liberalism), y'all across the pond can be pretty sure yours has none. And those of us hailing from the Disunited Queendom - well we don't have a leader at all do we? And haven't had one for quite some time now as far as I can recall.
Pretty sure our lot just vote to avoid a fine. Our leaders change like underwear lol
So the principles might depend on the time of day haha
How is the good old disunited Queendom anyway?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think it’s time the US stopped holding WWII over everyone else’s heads. Yes, thank you for finally getting into the war, after how many years after it actually started? Ostensibly only because of the tragedy of Pearl Harbour? If I recall history class correctly.

I mean I don’t blame the US for being reticent to going back to war after WWI, that’s fair enough. I think most countries wanted to let Europe sort it out for themselves.

The US likes to boast that it’s this high and mighty saviour. Well It only became the saviour after it was personally dragged into the fight. The rest of the world meanwhile didn’t wait to be attacked personally after the tragedy of 9/11. We all ran to the call for arms. And we’re a lot smaller in military might.

Okay, I’m half joking. But just know that the rest of the world doesn’t see the US as exceptional. Just arrogant with too much firepower. But we stay friends with you guys anyway, cause we accept you regardless. You guys are still cool. Well the orange in chief is a bit of a douche. But ehh, so’s our polies.

It wasn't just WW2, but it was WW1 which led to WW2 which led to the Cold War, which went on for decades. (In some ways, it's still going on.)

A lot of Americans would like to stop this role of "high and mighty savior" as well. But there are many others from both parties and both sides of the spectrum who are ardent interventionists. It's from that mentality and that ilk where this arrogance comes from.

But it even goes beyond that, since some deeper issues were revealed due to the political schism that erupted in the 60s over sharp disagreements regarding America's involvement in Vietnam. A lot of these same questions were asked back then that we keep asking today.

Shad

Veteran Member
Well yeah

Problem is you are assuming a pattern of action based on history in an ahistorical point.

Germany didn't have the manpower Russia had. Germany industry was overly complex as were it's weapon systems. Hence German over-engineering. Russia was producing thousands, 10 to 20k, of t34s (one tank class) a year. Also the t34 was designed well unlike the Sherman. It was superior to the Panzer 4 (the most common German tank). It was close to a Panther while having tens of thousands units while the Panther was very limited in production. It could pocket the Tiger by speed alone. Germany was producing 4-5k tanks total a year. Germany was going to lose based on those factors alone. German leadership crippled it's military in 40 and 41 before the US was at war.

Last edited:

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Because the rest of the world, for the most part, counts on us to save their butts from predator countries. As for me, I'd just as soon kept our blood and treasure here in the US rather then spend it on very ungrateful regimes. BTW, if it wasn't for the US stepping in not that many years ago, most of the European types would be speaking with noticeable German accent.
Your history is broken, it was the Soviets largely responsible for the defeat of NAZI Germany, The US is arguably responsible for checking Soviet expansion, bit that's a different thing.

Still, that was almost 80 years ago, how long does "well we fought the NAZIs" count as an excuse to current American excess?

We Never Know

No Slack
Your history is broken, it was the Soviets largely responsible for the defeat of NAZI Germany, The US is arguably responsible for checking Soviet expansion, bit that's a different thing.

Still, that was almost 80 years ago, how long does "well we fought the NAZIs" count as an excuse to current American excess?

Spam is what kept the Russian army alive and fed as well as some other countries troops.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
No Moscow. USSR was so centralized that without Moscow the whole system would collapse. The battle of Moscow caused the whole Northern AG to stall. Germany couldn't cut off Leningrad, Northern Convoy system nor Ural industry.

Stalingrad was a battle of ego not strategy. It had someone's name on it. Can't have that. Baku and it's oil were wide open. Stalingrad consumed resources the Caucasus operation could have used.

Hitler's "hold or die" command turned out to be a disaster for the Germans. They could have retreated from Stalingrad before they got surrounded.

shmogie

Do not blame the rest of us for the beliefs of tRump, and of course archaic Manifest Destiny of not only the USA, but the history of the Christian West..
You friend, are a little confused. Manifest destiny never had anything to do with other nations. Nor was it a term used by western nations.

Trump has been president for two and a half years. He has committed no troops to any nation that hasn´t requested them, i.e, Eastern Europe.

You don´t like Trump, maybe your prophet has whispered some inside information to you, I don´t know, but Trumps beliefs are no more the question than yours, it is ACTIONS that count. On that score you can hang nothing on him regarding this poor English speaking persons complaints.

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
we fought the NAZIs
We didn't do anything because none of us where actually there unless you or someone on here was actually fought in WW2. I hate when people ride on the coat-tails of their ancestors and take it as their own accomplishment. This is not meant for you but the person you are addressing.

Shad

Veteran Member
Hitler's "hold or die" command turned out to be a disaster for the Germans. They could have retreated from Stalingrad before they got surrounded.

That and the Southern AG needed the resources from Baku. A few Panzer Armies were stalled waiting for gas over the obsession with Stalingrad. It was a battle of prima donnas. Both held power via the cult of personality and brutality.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Russian accent. A lot of the resistance groups were communist in WW2. Russia was handling 3/4 of the Germany military vs 1/4 by Western Allies.

If there wasn't the second front provided by the Americans and the Allies, the Russians would have starved to death before they could dream of reaching Berlin.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Oh, don't bring that up. They all want to pretend that didn't actually happen.

............that France could have kicked the Germans out all by themselves, and that the UK could have managed their part without us (well, THEY might have pulled it off....they've done harder things...) Heaven help 'em, America didn't do ANYTHING for them. At all. Ever.

Hahaha....oh, wait....you're serious!

BSM1

What? Me worry?

What history are you trying to revise?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
It wasn't just WW2, but it was WW1 which led to WW2 which led to the Cold War, which went on for decades. (In some ways, it's still going on.)

A lot of Americans would like to stop this role of "high and mighty savior" as well. But there are many others from both parties and both sides of the spectrum who are ardent interventionists. It's from that mentality and that ilk where this arrogance comes from.

But it even goes beyond that, since some deeper issues were revealed due to the political schism that erupted in the 60s over sharp disagreements regarding America's involvement in Vietnam. A lot of these same questions were asked back then that we keep asking today.
War seems to be a popular business.
I do realise that most Americans are probably happy to mind their own business.
Still, America still has the reputation as “World Police.” And it’s not just because of the South Park creators.