• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why should cats be allowed to run free to kill birds and crap on my garden?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I just finished a garden project of a brick built planter,I filled it with compost and topsoil and started to plant herbs,to my horror there was a pile of cat crap on it.

I’ve had a run in with this cat already,I gave him a warning shot with a stone,slow to learn he will get a soaking when I next see him,I don’t see why cats are allowed out at all,they should be kept inside,agreed?.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I just finished a garden project of a brick built planter,I filled it with compost and topsoil and started to plant herbs,to my horror there was a pile of cat crap on it.

I’ve had a run in with this cat already,I gave him a warning shot with a stone,slow to learn he will get a soaking when I next see him,I don’t see why cats are allowed out at all,they should be kept inside,agreed?.

Not agreed, first, cats were once thought of as gods, they still remember this. Second, who are you to begrudge a cat its natural instincts? Third, thanks for building the cat a new toilet

A Vestigial Mote

Cat crap likely has some use as fertilizer, I would think.

Also, I bet some beetles or caterpillars will literally crap right on your herbs at some point. If I were you, I'd be saving my rocks for them.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I keep mine permanently inside with an outside protective enclosure (catio) .

It's true cats are incredibly destructive to wildlife and equally emperiled themselves from threat by larger predators like dogs and hawks not to mention also moving traffic depending where you live.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Not agreed, first, cats were once thought of as gods, they still remember this. Second, who are you to begrudge a cat its natural instincts? Third, thanks for building the cat a new toilet

Cat aren’t as clever as you may think which this one will find out,should be kept at home.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

You totally misunderstand the situation.
It's their garden....not yours.
You should feel grateful that they let you maintain it for them.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I keep mine permanently inside with an outside protective enclosure (catio) tq1.

It's true cats are incredibly destructive to wildlife and equally emperiled themselves from threat by larger predators like dogs and hawks not to mention also moving traffic depending where you live.

This is what I mean,it’s natural for them to do it but it doesn’t make it right.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This is what I mean,it’s natural for them to do it but it doesn’t make it right.
I try to encourage thir instinct to hunt. My catio is by my grapes. Scares the birds better than any scarecrow, but keeping my feathered friends safe is just as much a priority. Keeping feathered cat toy birds adds to the effect. Particularly after catnip infusion.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I try to encourage thir instinct to hunt. My catio is by my grapes. Scares the birds better than any scarecrow, but keeping my feathered friends safe is just as much a priority. Keeping feathered cat toy birds adds to the effect. Particularly after catnip infusion.

If only all cat owners were like you.