• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Should Bestiality Be Against The Law?

Skwim

Veteran Member
The following article was brought to my attention by a post made by Father Heathen.
"The Enumclaw horse sex case

The Enumclaw horse sex case was a 2005 incident in which Kenneth Pinyan[1] (June 22, 1960 – July 2, 2005), an American Boeing engineer residing in Gig Harbor,[2] died from receiving anal sex with a stallion at a farm in an unincorporated area in King County, Washington, near the city of Enumclaw. He had videotaped previous sex acts with the horses and distributed them informally under the name Mr. Hands.

During a July 2005 sex act, videotaped by a friend, he suffered a perforated colon and later died of his injuries. The story was reported in The Seattle Times and was one of that paper's most read stories of 2005.[3] It was informally referred to as the "Enumclaw horse sex case".[4]

Pinyan's death rapidly prompted the passing of a bill in Washington prohibiting both sex with animals and the videotaping of the same. Under current Washington law, bestiality is now a Class C felony punishable by up to five years in prison."
source
This raised the question I pose in the title, Why should bestiality be against the law?

In many countries, such as, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hungary, and Japan, bestiality (zoophilia) is legal. In all but three of the United States it's illegal. Montana, North Carolina, and Kansas are the exceptions.

Me Myself

Back to my username
It shouldn´t be ilegal.

Disney approves :)

beauty_and_the_beast_002.jpg

Until we can actually understand whether an animal can give consent or not towards this, this continues to be controversial and, at least to me, harmful to the animal who is being exploited for sexual desire.

I believe it should be legalised... as soon as we can communicate with animals and get their consent. Otherwise, please no.

Skwim

Veteran Member
because it abuses and exploits an animal that is incapable of consent.
Gaura Priya said:
Until we can actually understand whether an animal can give consent or not towards this, this continues to be controversial and, at least to me, harmful to the animal who is being exploited for sexual desire.

I believe it should be legalised... as soon as we can communicate with animals and get their consent. Otherwise, please no.
Unlike harnessing them up to plows and whipping them around the race course, or where we keep them in neck stocks for the rest of their life so they can provide us with milk where they're all pleading: More master. More.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Because humans are stupid and they need to be protected from there own stupidity.

Most laws we have are for the protection of humans and outlawing beastiality protects humans.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Unlike harnessing them up to plows and whipping them around the race course, or where we keep them in neck stocks for the rest of their life so they can provide us with milk where they're all pleading: More master. More.

You're comparing using an animal for sustenance to using one for sexual gratification? That's like saying law enforcement using dogs in search and rescue is the same as using them in underground dog fighting rings.

Me Myself

Back to my username
You're comparing using an animal for sustenance to using one for sexual gratification? That's like saying law enforcement using dogs in search and rescue is the same as using them in underground dog fighting rings.

Animal meat is most of all used for gastronomical gratification and nothing more. If vegetarianism was imposible then you could say meat is for sustenance.

edit: Besides, most of the conditions he described are not even necessary for obtening the food. Better laws could be made for better conditions for cows that give milk and so on.

Last edited:

Skwim

Veteran Member
Because humans are stupid and they need to be protected from there own stupidity.
Unfortunately, or maybe, fortunately, we don't make laws based on what you or anyone else considers stupid behavior. Harmful, yes, but not just stupid.

Most laws we have are for the protection of humans and outlawing beastiality protects humans.
From what? And as for harmful, there are countless things we do every day that are potentially harmful, yet we don't make laws against them.

Father Heathen said:
Interesting that you ignored horse racing. Not to mention dog racing and dog sledding. And how about cooping up wild animals in cages for the entire life (zoos). Think they'd choose these cages over the open wild if they had their druthers?

Me Myself

Back to my username
I´d say the actual reason of why it was approved the law it was because:

1- somebody proposed the law

2- to say that americans should be free to practice bestiality sounded like a cause nobody had the face to uphold :eek:

I actually am leaning towards veganism, and I dislike zoos and aquariums (horse racing, cockfighting, dog sled racing all the more). Unfortunately, human beings also save these animals, and unfortunately some animals become dependent on humans in taking care of them... like, say, the turkey.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Unfortunately, or maybe, fortunately, we don't make laws based on what you or anyone else considers stupid behavior. Harmful, yes, but not just stupid.

From what? And as for harmful, there are countless things we do every day that are potentially harmful, yet we don't make laws against them.

Interesting that you ignored horse racing. Not to mention dog racing and dog sledding. And how about cooping up wild animals in cages for the entire life (zoos). Think they'd choose these cages over the open wild if they had their druthers?

Well, if you're that adamant about ******* a goat then go right ahead. :shrug:

Me Myself

Back to my username
Well, if you're that adamant about ******* a goat then go right ahead. :shrug:

and that is exactly why nobody stepped out to say that that law was wrong.

this is only an anonymous forum that almost nobody outside of it cares about, and yet we already resorted to the "if you really want to have sex with an animal go for it!" argument when somebody is defending that it maybe shouldn´t be legal.

That justification and tactic is never right.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
and that is exactly why nobody stepped out to say that that law was wrong.

this is only an anonymous forum that almost nobody outside of it cares about, and yet we already resorted to the "if you really want to have sex with an animal go for it!" argument when somebody is defending that it maybe shouldn´t be legal.

That justification and tactic is never right.
It was rather obvious that my comment was insincere and tongue-in-cheek.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Said like someone recognizing they've been proven wrong and is hating, Hating, HATING It. :rolleyes:

How have I been proven wrong? There's an obvious distinction between performing a trained task and being tortured. Are you honestly trying to tell me that there's no difference between riding a horse and ******* a horse? That both have the same effect and impact upon the animal? Really? You're going to have to do better than nonsensical analogies. :rolleyes:

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
The following article was brought to my attention by a post made by Father Heathen.
"The Enumclaw horse sex case

The Enumclaw horse sex case was a 2005 incident in which Kenneth Pinyan[1] (June 22, 1960 – July 2, 2005), an American Boeing engineer residing in Gig Harbor,[2] died from receiving anal sex with a stallion at a farm in an unincorporated area in King County, Washington, near the city of Enumclaw. He had videotaped previous sex acts with the horses and distributed them informally under the name Mr. Hands.

During a July 2005 sex act, videotaped by a friend, he suffered a perforated colon and later died of his injuries. The story was reported in The Seattle Times and was one of that paper's most read stories of 2005.[3] It was informally referred to as the "Enumclaw horse sex case".[4]

Pinyan's death rapidly prompted the passing of a bill in Washington prohibiting both sex with animals and the videotaping of the same. Under current Washington law, bestiality is now a Class C felony punishable by up to five years in prison."
source
This raised the question I pose in the title, Why should bestiality be against the law?

In many countries, such as, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hungary, and Japan, bestiality (zoophilia) is legal. In all but three of the United States it's illegal. Montana, North Carolina, and Kansas are the exceptions.
animals are incapable of giving consent.