• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why science vs religion?

AhmadSyahir

I started to think why we should make this section in this forum full of post. The answer is clear that science is a study of The Creator's mightiness and power. We human just study what have been created by The Creator.

AhmadSyahir

I assume you don't belive in god my friend. Tell me if the world is not created, then how it is formed??

Last edited:

waitasec

Veteran Member
if the world is not created, then how it is formed??
indifference seems to fit just fine.
the notion that this entire universe was created for us gives us an undue sense of importance....a little dose of humility never hurt anyone.

Last edited:

Tristesse

I assume you don't belive in god my friend. Tell me if the world is not created, then how it is formed??

What ever happened to "I don't know, but lets find out" as a valid answer? Saying I don't know doesn't stop further investigation into finding out the real answers, however, saying "god did it"(which is the equivalent of saying magic) does. I prefer the answer that doesn't pretend to know what caused the earth or the universe to exist.

waitasec

Veteran Member
What ever happened to "I don't know, but lets find out" as a valid answer? Saying I don't know doesn't stop further investigation into finding out the real answers, however, saying "god did it"(which is the equivalent of saying magic) does. I prefer the answer that doesn't pretend to know what caused the earth or the universe to exist.

:yes:

work in progress

I started to think why we should make this section in this forum full of post. The answer is clear that science is a study of The Creator's mightiness and power. We human just study what have been created by The Creator.
And what happens when science finds natural (non-supernatural) explanations for:
1. the wind, lightning, rain, volcanoes, earthquakes etc.
2. the motions of the planets
3. the diversity of life on earth
4. the evolution of the cosmos
5. and is currently working on hypotheses presenting models of how our universe is one of an infinite number which pop into existence, grow and develop, and then disintegrate back into a larger, infinite, and apparently eternal 11 dimensional space-time framework?

Don't know if multiverse theories based on supersymmetry string theory models will pan out; but the scientific process means looking for natural explanations for everything....even the universe....and that's a problem for every religion that has set up rules of this is where science leaves off and God begins!

AhmadSyahir

I have a story to tell. It sounds like this: One day, there is three atheist that claimed the world we live; the universe is formed naturally. A man disagree with these three man and want to have a talk on it. So all of them decided to meet that evening to debate on existance of The Creator. Later, the man who believe in the existance of The Creator came late on purpose .The athiest brother take this as one point to say that he was not came in time. Here is the explanation of the religious man" I arrive let because there is no boat available to get across the river. Suddenly the wood tree nearby assemble naturally and form a boat so that i can get across to meet three of you. The atheist laugh at his explanation and call him a liar. Then the man said" I assume you have now believe the world is created by The Creator since you don't believe my story that the wood tree assemble and become a boat naturally" Same goes to the world we live in. Everything is beautiful and in order. For sure that all of this are not naturally formed. *I'm apologize for my bad english dear readers :).

waitasec

Veteran Member
I have a story to tell. It sounds like this: One day, there is three atheist that claimed the world we live; the universe is formed naturally. A man disagree with these three man and want to have a talk on it. So all of them decided to meet that evening to debate on existance of The Creator. Later, the man who believe in the existance of The Creator came late on purpose .The athiest brother take this as one point to say that he was not came in time. Here is the explanation of the religious man" I arrive let because there is no boat available to get across the river. Suddenly the wood tree nearby assemble naturally and form a boat so that i can get across to meet three of you. The atheist laugh at his explanation and call him a liar. Then the man said" I assume you have now believe the world is created by The Creator since you don't believe my story that the wood tree assemble and become a boat naturally" Same goes to the world we live in. Everything is beautiful and in order. For sure that all of this are not naturally formed. *I'm apologize for my bad english dear readers :).
have you ever once considered life as we know it has formed itself around the reality we experience?

outhouse

Atheistically

I would have to think before you can attribute a single blade of grass as being created by a deity one must first prove that out of a thousand gods before yours that you wont argue man did create, you must prove why your is different then all the othere you dont believe in.

AhmadSyahir

And what happens when science finds natural (non-supernatural) explanations for:
1. the wind, lightning, rain, volcanoes, earthquakes etc.
2. the motions of the planets
3. the diversity of life on earth
4. the evolution of the cosmos
5. and is currently working on hypotheses presenting models of how our universe is one of an infinite number which pop into existence, grow and develop, and then disintegrate back into a larger, infinite, and apparently eternal 11 dimensional space-time framework?

Don't know if multiverse theories based on supersymmetry string theory models will pan out; but the scientific process means looking for natural explanations for everything....even the universe....and that's a problem for every religion that has set up rules of this is where science leaves off and God begins!

Hello there..:) I already answer it my friend. It is created by god and we just study what is created. Here the story: We know that our earth cannot move even and inch from its axis right?? if not we all doomed. My question is what keep it that way brother?? is it be that way just like that without something that keep the earth on its axis. We can explain what happen and how its work and maybe create a mini model of universe but we can't make the earth and make it stay on its axis.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist

Your bad English is the least of the problems with this post.

work in progress

Hello there..:) I already answer it my friend. It is created by god and we just study what is created. Here the story: We know that our earth cannot move even and inch from its axis right?? if not we all doomed. My question is what keep it that way brother?? is it be that way just like that without something that keep the earth on its axis. We can explain what happen and how its work and maybe create a mini model of universe but we can't make the earth and make it stay on its axis.
It's already been pointed out that the earth wobbles about on its axis quite a bit because of natural forces like earthquakes. The disappearance of Arctic ice sheets is also having an effect. The problem with all of the Fine Tuning arguments about the universe, is that if conditions weren't as they are, and led to our existence, we wouldn't be here to ask why not? But, there are literally billions of other galaxies in the universe, many containing billions of star systems of their own -- and that raises the odds that some of them will contain planets capable of supporting complex, multicellular life forms that can ask questions like "why are we here?"