• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Science is not Controversial

DavidFirth

In the long run they are overturned. For example when the Petroleum industry had us filling our environment with toxic tetra-ethyl lead, they had a paid scientist who worked to fool everyone into accepting that it was safe. He fooled us for a while, but because he did not have the facts on his side he was overturned. Now only unleaded gas is sold in the USA.

Good story. Also, I had a scientist one time try to convince me that something is fact that isn't fact. That happens a lot.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
The world that you observe has already been programmed to end. Be patient and if you're lucky, you will get to experience the earth shaking violently before your body perishes in the fire. Then you will start hearing the voice of God after that terrible experience.

Zephaniah 1
18: Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them on the day of the wrath of the LORD. In the fire of his jealous wrath, all the earth shall be consumed; for a full, yea, sudden end he will make of all the inhabitants of the earth.

John 5:
25: "Truly, truly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.
26: For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself,
27: and has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of man.
28: Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice.
I am guessing that this is evidence of your claim that "religious people lie."? Now ... how about an example of how scientists lie?

eldios

The usefulness of the Theory is its strength which leads to it being non-controversial. Scientists make physical measurements which matter, and then they explain those measurements. A model develops that is consistent physically and Mathematically with known observations, and this model is called a Theory, such as the Big Bang theory. It is strong because it fits observations, explains new ones and is Mathematically consistent. Its also strong because it doesn't attempt to talk about things that it knows nothing about.

I talk about how we're created so if you listen to me, you will learn what scientists cannot tell you about.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Good story. Also, I had a scientist one time try to convince me that something is fact that isn't fact. That happens a lot.

Why do I suspect it was either not a scientist or a scientist stating a fact you didn't want to believe?

Sapiens

Polymathematician
It is true that no scientist knows how we're created or how and where we observe visible images. They don't know what the mind ( consciousness ) of a man is.
You can't make a case on God of the Gaps. In any case,
you are ducking the question I asked with BS concerning something that many would argue does not exist.

I asked you: "I am guessing that this is evidence of your claim that "religious people lie."? Now ... how about an example of how scientists lie?"

Shall we leave it lie that it has been demonstrated that religious people lie and scientists don't?

Last edited: