• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why put idols by the non-believers in a house built for worship of ONE-GOD?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
One is wrong. Mecca/Becca is mentioned in Quran much before 741 AD:
Muhammd
Born Muḥammad ibn `Abdullāh (Arabic: مُحَمَّد بِن عَبد الله‎‎)
c. 570
Mecca, Hejaz, Arabia
(present-day Saudi Arabia)
Died 8 June 632 (aged c. 62)
Medina, Hejaz, Arabia
(present-day Saudi Arabia)
Cause of death Fever[1]
Muhammad - Wikipedia
Regards
I stand corrected . . . "There is no mention of Mecca or the Meccans until the late 7th century" and it was from this Islamic viewpoint that the beginnings of Mecca were attributed to Ishmael's descendants, however the Byzantine-Arab Chronicle places it in Mesopotamia rather than the Hejaz.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Why put idols by the non-believers in a house built for worship of ONE-GOD?

I would not know. What you ask here is in essence deep fantasy. You would have to ask the author of that fantasy world, or perhaps its fans, knowing from the start that the answers would probably change from one perso to the next.

If you disagree, then it seems to me that it falls on you to give us some indication of how one could tell whether something is an "idol by non-believers" and, for that matter, also that there is a "one-God" and how he could be detected, as well as why people would be expected to agree on the existence of such a being.

But I very much doubt you can accomplish even one of those three goals. Or that anyone can. Because, after all, we are talking about a fantasy, not about the real world.

Now, indulging in that fantasy for a moment, let me try to answer anyway:

Is it fair on the part of non-believers?

There is no way to tell without the relevant information, which you did not provide. What would those idols be? Why exactly were houses of worship built in the first place? What social role or other significance would those houses have, and in which way, if any, are those idols detrimental to that role? Do they provide some sort of benefit, and if so how is it shared among the people exactly?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
So what should by the underlying principle?
People should seek agreements on what to use buildings for and adjust accordingly. Sometimes the preference will change due to circunstances and the passage of time.

There is no inherent trick to it. It is just like deciding whether/where to establish any other kind of establishment.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The Meccans were not pagans, they believed in God they called Allah, but associated partners with Him. The pagans don't believe in Allah. Do they?
Regards
How do you distinguish between polytheists and pagans?

How do you know or test whether pre-Mohammed Allah is somehow the same Allah that the Qur'an advises people to believe in?

Particularly when you say that the first Allah was "associated with partners", which I assume to mean that he was a member of a polytheistic pantheon, while the Qur'an's Allah is explicitly unsuitable for that role?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
People should seek agreements on what to use buildings for and adjust accordingly. Sometimes the preference will change due to circunstances and the passage of time.
There is no inherent trick to it. It is just like deciding whether/where to establish any other kind of establishment.
So, one agrees that with changed circumstances and with passage of time usage of buildings could be changed. Is that correct? Please
Regards

Last edited:

Ekleipsis

What ?

By the thread title you seem to be asking why people who don't follow religion put an idol in your church / mosque / whatever ?

Many confuses

meghanwaterlillies

I thought it stranger that people would live crap in my garage as if to make a point, sometimes not even a cool one at that. However it wasn't all to terrible with one but he wasn't making a point of idol worship like pray to this thing or something, awesome and cute really.